“Great food, impeccable service”
Review of Benny's Chop House

Benny's Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Benny's Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 9,530 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Seafood, American, Steakhouse, Bar, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Illinois
Description: At Benny's Chop House we pride ourselves in serving the very best - of everything. All our steaks are 100% USDA Prime, the United States Department of Agriculture's absolute highest quality grading. Less than 3% of all steaks qualify for this exclusive grading. At Benny's you'll be served the most tender, juicy and flavorful steak you've ever experienced. Enjoy! Our seafood from our American East and West Coast Oysters to our Ora King Salmon or our Alaskan Halibut, is the freshest, seasonal seafood and is flown in daily. Our vegetables and sides change with the seasons for maximum flavor and feature local, Midwestern ingredients at their very best. And, as always, save some room for dessert. Our signature S'mores Milk Chocolate Cheesecake and Banana Cream Pie with caramelized bananas are not to be missed. Not to be outdone, our wine, craft beer, and bespoke cocktail offerings are unmatched. We have been recognized by Wine Spectator Magazine for three years in a row, (2012, '13, and '14,) for our extraordinary collection of 1500+ wine labels. Our craft beers are a representation of the world's finest breweries and our creative team of mixologists create unique craft cocktails to match the season. Children are always welcomed at Benny's Chop House and we offer a full children's menu featuring the perfect mix of favorites and variety.
Chicago, Illinois
“Great food, impeccable service”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We made reservations here for a special birthday and were not disappointed. The atmosphere is old school which I enjoyed not being a fan of sparse and trendy. The steaks were melt in your mouth tender. The server was very attentive and took the time to explain the different types of steak. They even made a special dessert for the birthday as well as a personalized menu.

• Visited December 2012

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Calgary
“Delicious!!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stopped in for a quick supper on a cold blustery night.
Our waitress was efficient and charming. The calamari was perfect. My husband ordered the Tenderloin special and it was the tenderest beef we have ever had! I ordered the half chicken and it too was remarkably flavourful and tender. We chose this restaurant because we could see it from our hotel. What a lucky choice!

Visited January 2013
Tucson, AZ
“Bacon: The Best Appetizer I've Ever Eaten”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

As a patron of Benny's for the first time, I felt compelled to write a review (which I rarely do for restaurants). The food was very good, with a special hat tip toward the bacon appetizer. I never knew that bacon could be so good! Additionally, my filet was prepared flawlessly and with abundant flavor! The lobster mac and cheese also five star! I would strongly recommend the s'mores cheesecake for dessert--delicious! Service was efficient, professional, and polite! We attended Benny's as part of a company function, and I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the company name on top of the menus! Overall, I would highly recommend Benny's for any occasion.

Cincinnati
“Very Disappointing”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My husband and I visited Benny’s this weekend and will never go back. I could have had a better steak at Ponderosa. It was bland and dry despite being a ribeye cooked rare. I’ve had many dry aged steaks and they always seem to melt in your mouth. Not one bite of either of our steaks at Benny’s was enjoyable. We also had the seafood tower from the raw bar which was alright, but not worth the money and nothing special.
The service was just o.k. Our waiter was very nice but had five tables and we would often wait for his attention for a new drink or to pay the bill. Not what you expect from such a classy restaurant.
My husband and I are not high maintenance at all, but like to enjoy a nice meal like we expected at Benny’s a couple times a year. We don’t have unrealistic expectations or demands, so for a restaurant to fall this short in our eyes is pretty hard to do. We do however know what a good seafood and steak should taste like and Benny’s didn’t deliver. Perhaps we just caught things on a bad night, but we left Benny’s with our wallet much lighter and a very bad taste in our mouth.

Long Island, NY
“Great Steaks, Great Apps, Great Service”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

As regulars to Chicago, we have eaten in many of the local steak houses. This would be our first time at Benny's Chop House and we were not disappointed.

We went with some co-workers one who recommended the Bacon as an appetizer. It was awesome!

My wife and me ordered Filets and they were cooked to perfection. I like my steak cooked medium well, but do not want them to butterfly the steak and many steak houses don't cook it enough. Well Benny's staff got it perfect.

We would highly recommend it and it's better then many of the other Chicago staples such as Morton's or Ditka's.

1 Thank SalMTravels