“Great ambiance, good food, slow service”
Review of Gilt Bar

Gilt Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Gilt Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #124 of 9,548 Restaurants in Chicago
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Cross street: Franklin
Transit: Merchandise Mart (Brown Line)
Description: An inviting River North bar and restaurant featuring classic craft cocktails and contemporary American cuisine designed for sharing. Guests can enjoy a curated menu of seasonally inspired small plates, pastas, seafood and grilled entrees, including the signature Tenderloin Steak Tartare, Truffle Pasta and Grilled Farm Chicken.
Bucks County, PA
“Great ambiance, good food, slow service”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Pleasantly surprised by this on trend (think SoHo or hip NYC spot) restaurant and bar. Good sized portions are meant to be shared date night style. A bit awkward for our business group but the food was good and freshly prepared, so overlooked the awkwardness of playing pass the plate. Waitstaff was not very attentive though bus staff (water refills) was good. Mussels were very good, and even asked for more bread not to miss the great broth. Meatballs were not a hit but the pastas were tasty. Would recommend this place for a group of friends or a date night more than business.

Arlington Heights, Illinois
“A Slice of Heaven”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I don't review a lot of restaurants, but we recently went to Guilt Bar to celebrate a 12 year anniversary. We had a 5:30pm reservation on a Saturday and we were immediately seated. The wait staff was friendly and patient. We started with the Farro and grapes salad. One of the best salads I ever had. The grapes created a mini party in my mouth. We also had the roasted garlic on toast. Yummy... We split coal fired ribeye. I could have honestly ate the whole thing myself. The steak melted in my mouth like butter. I am a huge fry person and Guilt Bar had some of the best ever. The fries are cooked in pork lard. Oh, the fries were so good!!! This is a great place to try out!

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Excellent Food and Service!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We came here for my birthday dinner and it was amazing! We sat downstairs in the lounge (which is quieter) and it was fabulous. We had a great dinner with friends and with superb service. High on my list of recommendations!

Visited July 2013
Boynton Beach, Florida, United States
“Coolest Place!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My friend took me to this place while I was visiting and we were a group of 5. The upstairs was all wood and the bar was quite nice. As we were ready to be seated, they walked us downstairs, through several hallways and then through an unmarked door. On the other side was a really cool room that resmbled a speakeasy. Red velvet booths and dark decor. Limited menu with a few odd/trendy entrees. Definitely order the chicken. It was outstanding and the best meal at the table. The drinks were great too! Fun and different place to dine.

Toronto
“Now I know what Bone Marrow is all about!!!-”
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

A coworker recommended this spot. We scored a table in the lower library. Great spot for a small foodie group wanting a lively but quaint atmosphere.

Had the Bone Marrow app - first timer - and it was a great intro to the dish. I hope my future experiences with this dish at other restaurants will be just as good it was excellent. All foods in the menu were great.

• Visited June 2013

Been to Gilt Bar? Share your experiences!