“Nice room”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Wisconsin
“Nice room”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I checked in on a Thursday afternoon. The doormen and valet parking attendants were very attentive and helpful. The lobby area is big and grand feeling. The front desk staff were efficient and explained how to get to locations in the hotel fairly well. I stayed in a king room on the 9th floor. The room was nice and fairly clean. The bathroom was large with a garden sized tub and a separate shower with tiled walls and glass door and wall. The towels were large, soft, and luxurious. The room had two large bathrobes also. The bathroom had a lighted makeup mirror. The bedroom area had a small desk, a large flat screen, and a dresser. The room also had a refrigerated mini bar. There were two, small complimentary bottles of water and a one cup coffee maker. The pillows on the bed were a little harder than I like but, once asleep, didn't matter. I immediately went to the business center upon arrival and had a difficult time hooking up to the hotel's wireless. It didn't recognize my name, I then had to call the front desk, then was transferred to the hotel's business center, which played a greeting indicating I was calling after hours, but it was four in the afternoon. I hung up and started again and told the operator what had happened and they got me to their offsite IT people and I was hooked up within 15 minutes. I received a call from the manager who left a complete message and apologized for the inconvenience. I also used the exercise facility and it was very clean and had great equipment. I was able to complete my usual routine, both aerobic and lifting. The housekeeping and wait staff did a nice job in regards to customer service. When passing in the halls, I was met with a smile, greeting, and asked if I needed anything. The staff setting up buffets and filling the break refreshments and snacks were also neat, friendly, and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Don L, Executive Assistant at JW Marriott Chicago, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you very much, your review of the room may be more complete (and complimentary) than our own web site. Attention to detail is critical in providing a luxurious stay; we hope that we will continue to maintain this standard for our cultivated guests well into the future.
Quality service, however, is the driving force in providing a memorable experience. My apologies for the slip with our business center but hopefully our associates and management were able to make that a non-issue (and learning tool to prevent it from recurring again).
Again, thank you for the positive review; we hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Just attended a meeting for a couple of days there. Club level was first rate as was all of the hotel staff. The meeting rooms were spread out as the hotel is huge, but accommodated our meeting well. The only knock on the hotel is the location...in the financial district and away from Michigan Ave. shopping and activity. Close to Brooks Brothers and Paul Stuart.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you, as always we appreciate the public recognition of our outstanding staff. We are confident they are what separate us from the competition in a demanding market.
We're also very appreciate the meeting critique, we're fortunate in that we are not just a luxury hotel, but one that has the experience of Marriott in providing the complete package from sleeping rooms to ballrooms and everything you might need in between.
Our location in the Financial District, although convenient to the business community, has significantly boosted both dining and shopping options in the immediate area since our opening in 2010. Regardless, we hope for your future visits our service and commitment to quality will override the extra few minutes we may be from the commotion of the Magnificent Mile.
Briarcliff Manor, New York, United States
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This hotel is big and in the financial area of Chicago. Don't love area. Rooms are very nice with beautiful bathroom and big shower. Towels were substandard and turn down service inadequate as they did not replace towels or tidy up bathroom. Food at conference was very good and they are pretty attentive in terms of service. No major complaints about hotel and fine for a conference but nothing super special.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Don L, Executive Assistant at JW Marriott Chicago, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for your candid review, I regret that every aspect of your visit was not what you would have expected. Our management team evaluates every review to ensure we are delivering a quality experience worthy of a luxury tier hotel.
On a positive note, thank you for the recognition of our culinary team and banquet staff, we are proud of all of our associates whether they have direct guest interaction or not. Their commitment in delivering a memorable experience surpasses any of our competitors in the Chicago market.
Hopefully we will be able to have you as our guest again in the future, and be able to convert a pretty good stay into an exceptional one.
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in April of 2013 with a friend after arriving back from Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. It was for her birthday celebration and I must say that this property is astounding! It includes a beautiful lobby, newly remodeled décor in every room and a restaurant and bar as well. The spa is nothing short of amazing, with every type of spa service a person could want! The spa is 20,000 square feet! Shopping and dining is literally right outside of this properties front door. If you're visiting Chicago, this hotel is a must stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Johnathon C
Don L, Executive Assistant at JW Marriott Chicago, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Perfect. Your generous review is greatly appreciated and I can assure you the leadership team of the JW Chicago also enjoys reading about these memorable stays. Recognition of the physical attributes of our hotel delights not only the designers who sought to keep the grandeur from a century ago, but to the staff that ensures every feature is polished and in working order. While we are grateful for the recommendation for other visitors to experience our hotel, Indianapolis is a relatively short distance away and hopefully you'll be able to be our guest again soon.
Effingham, Illinois
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Typical conference stay. We were given a handicap room which was a surprise. Handicap shower was large enough for a wheel chair, shower was an out of order hand held. No door on the shower so towels had to be used for mats which defeats the green concept. No bath tub. Bedroom is pretty typical, linens were what you expect for a JW Marriott. Restaurant was average. Service was pretty typical. Ok location if you need to be in the area but there are better. I would only come back if it were for another conference held in this establishment and it was winter in Chicago.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Sorry to hear your stay wasn't as you expected, one would hope for future stays with us or our competitors any issues you feel warrant attention are brought to the attention of hotel management in order to be rectified while you are still in-house. We have had much success with both the product and service our associates provide, and regret if your experience was anything less. Accessible rooms may be of a slightly different design, but are held to the same luxury standards for all of our guests regardless of need. We would ask you consider staying with us again on your next visit to Chicago, and allow us to see your stay is made more pleasurable.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

really friendly staff. great room and bathroom with big bath, iPod player and internet connection. cool lobby nice place to meet colleagues and unwind a bit with a good wine list. It was noticeable that every time we finished in a meeting room the staff were there to clear up quickly and were always very polite. will come back when in town.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you, as most travelers may equate luxury to their room and facilities, we have tried to not only deliver excellence as a hotel, but also as a meeting destination. Our associates, be they in Reception, Housekeeping, Culinary, or Catering all have the same training and expertise to ensure every guest's experience is perfect. We're delighted you had a memorable visit and truly look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I recently stayed at the JW Marriott in Chicago, and I wanted to express how impressed I was with this stay. If I am in the Chicago area again, I will certainly stay at the JW again. The hotel itself is absolutely gorgeous and deserves praise for how well maintained and beautiful it is. What really sets this stay apart for me was the staff. From the time I checked in, the gentleman that checked me in (I didn't catch his name) provided excellent service at check in. Additionally, the concierge lounge staff, particularly Maria and Demetrius went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable during my stay. Wanted to send my sincere thanks to the hotel staff for making my stay wonderful!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Cassie A
Thank you! While we may pride ourselves on being the only luxury tier hotel in Chicago's Loop, we also realize it is our associates who set the JW Chicago apart from the competition. Thank you for this public recognition on their behalf, please note your review is not only read by fellow travelers, but also the leadership team within the hotel and the Marriott organization and your gracious comments are warmly received.