JW Marriott Chicago
$433
$627
$519
  • Restaurant
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$330
$309
BestWestern.com
  • Pool
Kimpton Hotel Allegro(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$521
  • Bar/Lounge
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$399
  • Breakfast included
$484
Hilton.com
Warwick Allerton-Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$787
$607
  • Room Service
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$303
$288
Hotwire.com
1,573 results
All reviewsthe financial districtthe executive loungewillis towerthe loopsoaking tubseparate showerlobby barbeautiful hotelhuge bathroomhotel gymbeautiful lobbyart museumunion stationbusiness meetingking roomfitness centerchecking in
Reviewed March 17, 2011

I was here for two nights and found the room to be wonderful. Check-in was quick and efficient. Even though I arrived at 10 a.m. they had a room ready for me. I am a platinum rewards member andf was given a room on the executive lounge level. The view from the room was of the interior rooftop so not very exciting, but the room itself was well-equipped. I like the electronic mirror with the TV in it in the bathroom ands the deep soaking tub was fantastic. The bathroom had a separate rooom for the toiley, two generous sinks, a bathroom scale, and a nice lit make-up magnifying mirror. There was a spacious closet with robe and a very nice desk. The chair in the room was not that comfortable. The executive lounge was nice and the food served good for breakfast. The appetizers one night of my stay all had dairy products in them and since I was avoiding dairy due to a medication I was disappointed. I had one room service meal and they forgot the toast and the cream for my coffee. All in all this was a minor glitch as the rest of the stay was excellent. I was always greeted by the staff whenever I encountered them. They might wish me a good day or remark on the weather but their intent was always to make me feel at home and they did. When I exited the bellstaff was at the ready to call a cab for me--they really displayed excellent customer service. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Chicago. I have stayed in a number of locations in the city and this was not my favorite as far as location. There is a subway stop nearby so you can get anywhere the subway goes.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2011

I don't believe anybody that works at this property has experienced other JW's. I'd much rather prefer to stay at the Marriott Full Service a few blocks east that is better service, about same quality, and less expensive. (the building was very nice, don't get me wrong)

Problems encountered: Valet went MIA when we pulled up. We unloaded our own bags and waited for Valet to take keys. Since lounge was closed, asked for a few extra bottles of water to be sent up to the room.... Never showed. Then, cleaning service in the AM knocked on our door early. I understand it's my fault for not putting the notice of still sleeping. However, what was comical, after answering the door and saying "No Thank you" to service, letting them know we are still sleeping.... the maid fired up her vacuum in the hallway and room next door. Well, my wife and I were forced to get up then unable to sleep.

Overall nice amenities, new hotel, but service was WAY OFF for a JW. having stayed at other JW's, this was the same level as a Courtyard, maybe regular Marriott. For a flagship property, embarrassing...Stay at the regular Marriott until they figure out how to run a JW.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank InfoSecR0a4Warrior
Reviewed March 14, 2011

I am a platinum Marriott member and although this hotel is very new and clean, the stuff still seems to be a little lost. The rooms are really small, and we could hear every conversation in the hallway. When we arrived the bell boy at the front took our luggage out of the taxi but didnt even offer to bring it up to the room? We experience some problems with our rate during our stay which were due to some missunderstanding, in my opinion the stuff just needs a little more training plus no one really offered an apology or a resolution and basically told me I was a liar... ouch! Since we didnt get much sleep due to the noise I probably wont stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AA75
Reviewed March 7, 2011

We stayed at the JW a couple weeks ago and loved it! The room and bathroom were spacious and clean and the staff was amazing. After being there just one night they remembered us! We ordered room service a coule of times and it arrived in a timely manner and was delicious. Will stay there again for sure!

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed March 4, 2011

I am a Marriott Platinum member so I can compare this JW with the brand's hotels globally. The hotel has very nice facilities and a very friendly and efficient staff. But, the Managment picks your pocket. The hotel's wireless is unstable and expensive. It seems each time you sign on with your laptop, iPad and iPhone you are being asked to ante up another $20 for the day. Each device has a separate charge. The concierge lounge doesn't have it's own wireless and the hotel wireless barely leaks into it. Forget any decent snacks or complimentary drinks. They serve very tiny $9 glasses of wine and offer some stale buns and chunks of Gouda cheese. Doesn't add up to the JW brand. I have stayed in much better Marriott Courtyards for half the price.

• Stayed: March 2011