“Up for Some Pizza and Beer”
Review of City Tap

City Tap
Order Online
Ranked #2,176 of 10,705 Restaurants in Chicago
Reviewed January 21, 2020

We went here with my wife and daughter. It was NFL wild card Saturday so the place was full. We were offered a table that had a party reservation in about an hour and a half and we'd have to finish before that. We accepted. Our server was fantastic no pressure, keeping everything cool. The wine, the beer were good. The G.O.A.T. pizza was especially good.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (8)

Reviewed October 28, 2019 via mobile

Loud crowded and higher priced but you come for the experience more than the price. Trendy spot for the younger crowd, under 40. Fun strolling area

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed October 7, 2019

I was impressed with City Tap's incredible beer menu, with capsule descriptions. Several pages, organized by origin and style. At the top, about a half dozen selections recommended (being promoted?) by the staff. Nice choices.

But this isn't just a beer joint. The menu offers a lot of choice, too, and some unusual selections (for a brew pub). Mussels, for example, are offered in four different styles/broths. With ($21) and without ($17) hand cut French fries. I enjoyed the leek and mushroom style. The avocado, arugula and grapefruit salad, with steak cooked exactly to order ($19) was likewise fresh and excellent. A side dish of "charred" Brussels sprouts ($10) was plentiful and delicious, served with pomegranate seeds.

Service was excellent and friendly, but it was a slow Monday evening. The restaurant offers outdoor seating (which has the benefit of avoiding the multiple TV screens surrounding the inside dining room). It's a large dining room, so it could get loud, but thankfully the music was not blaring to make conversation impossible.

City Tap is located in the rapidly gentrifying and brightly lighted Fulton Market neighborhood west of the Loop, along with about a dozen other restaurants in a nicely designed streetscape. Easy walking distance from the Morgan "L" station. The area is a block or two from Google's relatively new Chicago headquarters, probably explaining the rush for trendy upscale dining.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed September 8, 2019

I came here for lunch with my 6 year old son and my sister for lunch. The service was excellent and the food was really good. The server even randomly made my son a root-beer float.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed September 2, 2019 via mobile

We were there on labor day. They were having adult summer camp complete with adult juice boxes, games and tie dye. Roxie was also amazing. I will for sure be back

Date of visit: September 2019

Been to City Tap? Share your experiences!