“Used Books”

The Bookie's Paperbacks & More
Ranked #50 of 277 Shopping in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: The Bookie's Paperbacks & More is one of the unique independently owned stores in the Beverly area of Chicago. Bookie's stocks new and used books of all kinds for all ages. We take trade ins for discounts on purchases. Bookie's celebrated 20 years in business and was recently featured in both the Southtown Star and Chicago Tribune newspapers as a must-visit Chicago business.
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Small cramped used book store. Utilizes a shared parking lot with 7/11. Parking at a minimum at times. The street to the west is One-Way.

Large assortment of titles. Friendly staff. Will take your discarded books. They keep your name on file and when you buy books the next time you get a percentage off your next purchase rather than pay the regular price. They also have used Cd's, Video & DVD's.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

One of the few surviving book stores on the southside of Chicago. Allison is great (the owner) and the place employs tons of book nerds, just what you want in a book store.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

A great selection, Bookies is a nice old bookstore. Every time I come here I have to buy whatever books I might not have, because the books fly off the shelves. It won't be there next time I go, and I'll be angry at myself if I didn't buy it last time!

Reviewed May 13, 2012

Bookstore are a rarity in this area. I love a good book store and this fits the bill. They have a great selection of new and used book and can order anything you need that isn't currently in the store. The service is great. The prices were good. Although I've found better deals on used books, I also had to work for it, this store is well organized so you can find what you are looking for. If you aren't coming in the middle of the day call first to make sure they are open. Seems whenever we go later they aren't open.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

As far as books my daughter needs for school they always have what we need and they have a great used book program also!!