“Excellent!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chicago
Manilow Suites at The Grand Plaza
Ranked #17 of 59 Specialty Lodging in Chicago
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I lived in Grand Plaza this summer and the apartment was awesome. Rooms were big and clean, and he room service every week was excellent. The furniture and amenity were all there, which is really good for someone who only stay for a short time.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My hubby was offered a number of places to stay as part of his transitional housing for his job and selected this building on sheer luck. The building façade is nondescript and we didn't know what to expect. Pleasantly surprised is an understatement because this building has 'round the clock doorperson, security access and so many amenities. I'll first list what we loved about his "home" away from home..
1) Location, location, location - Close enough so that we could take the CTA blue line directly from the airport and avoid the expense of a car rental/parking. It was an easy walk to Millenium Park, Navy Pier, Mag Mile, South Loop and we felt safe. Lots of diverse restaurants nearby too - House of Siam, Grahamwich, McDonalds, Portillos, etc. They also had a Jewel Osco grocery store downstairs which had reasonable prices and a wide variety of products.
2) Outdoor jogging/running track on the 9th floor that is beautifully maintained
3) Commercial coffee/cocoa maker also on 9th floor in library area - Pinch me..am I dreaming? Talk about convenience and not having to lift a finger to brew your own coffee as you just press a button and you're ready to go!
4) Indoor gym that is clean and has solid work-out equipment - This place makes it easy to stick to your exercise routine
5) Indoor basketball court
6) Outdoor pool, spa although we didn't get to use it since we were always out and about
7) Sophisticated and stylish décor added a nice touch
8) Loved waking up in the morning and having breakfast at the table or terrace while enjoying a gorgeous view of the Chicago cityscape
9) Every doorperson greeted us with a smile and hello. Super thumbs up!
10) Kitchen with everything you need if you just feel like eating a home cooked meal and washer/dryer in apt too!
11) Housekeeping was provided although we didn't have too much to clean up. Internet and basic cable included.
Now, for some cons. I'm nitpicking, but always good to provide a balanced view.
1) If you do decide to drive a car, parking is incredibly expensive downstairs. Be careful with the weekend specials, because it's pretty restrictive.
2) Our dishwasher had a loose part but nonetheless worked fine. Had to be extra careful when loading the bottom rack.
3) Knives were dull and could have been updated.
4) It was odd that the hallways to the apts were so plain, because the community areas and other parts of the building were so nicely appointed.
5) Lots of hustle and bustle in town, and can get noisy with the Fire Dept close by
Overall, we were fortunate our experience was exceptional and genuinely sad that our stay is coming to an end. Hands down the stay here is so much better than typical hotel stays at other places such as the Sheraton, Hyatt, etc. We are definitely coming back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I had an extended stay that kept on extending until I relocated. I like grand plaza better than my new apartment. Service was really exceptional. Always accommodating, even last minute changes. Willing to work with you. Sarah was just awesome!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JacquiK2602
Reviewed January 9, 2013

A second contract in Chicago naturally led me to another stay with Manilow at the GP. As this contract comes to an end, I am regretfully leaving again and heading to Atlanta where a myriad of Hiltons and Marriotts await. If I am ever so lucky to get another Chicago assignment, I will surely be giving Sarah and crew a call. They are flexible, accommodating and have taken such great care of the residence. Recently, they installed RCN cable with Tivo and HDTV. They respond to requests quickly and professionally including changes in departure, billing entities, and general questions. I would highly recommend Manilow Suites!

Room Tip: I was on the 30th floor and had a great view. Occasionally I could hear neighbors.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I needed a furnished apartment in Chicago for a month for an extended business trip. A friend of mine told me that Grand Plaza in River North is the best place in town and it sure is. When I called Manilow to reserve an apartment I was greeted in a very professional and pleasant way. They offered me a junior one bedroom on the 23rd floor of the Grand Plaza with a terrace and a great view of the surrounding towers.

The place was spotless when I arrived. Spacious (700 Sq ft) with lots of closet space. Even a walk-in closet. The furniture is of very good quality and the kitchen and bathroom are equipped with all what you can think of. I asked for an upgrade of the Internet speed ( I needed 5MPS) and got it. The maid service is once a week and they do a great job.

Manilow is a woman owned and operated property management company. And you can certainly see and feel the woman's touch in the way the apartment is setup. Go Manilow! and Go Grand plaza!

Room Tip: Manilow told me that all the apartments they rent are above the 20th floor. This was my case as my...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I used the Grand Plaza as a temporary residence as I moved into Chicago. Everything exceeded my expectations. The staff at Manilow Suites are exceptional and were incredibly helpful in setting up my stay. My wife and son were comfortable in the place and loved the location. The doormen are very polite and helpful. We wish we could have stayed their longer.

I highly recommend the Grand Plaza for a number of reason. -- The location is outstanding (Close to restaurants and shopping (Mag mile), grocery store downstairs plus Trader Joes a few blocks away, connected to the Red line).

Cons: The fire station is close and you can hear the fire trucks go by but you get used to it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RCCON
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My mother had worked with this company in the past and when I needed a long term rental in Chicago, she suggested I take my business to Manilow. I was in the Grand Plaza in a comfortable Junior 1 bedroom. It was everything I needed and in a great location. The room wasn't ready in time for expected move in date - so Sarah W. arranged for me to stay at another property in the loop until the painting and cleaning was finished. Prompt personal service occurred whenever I requested anything or had a question. I felt a little bit like a diva - but I believe they aim to please The rest of the staff at Manilow (Stephanie and Yvonne) were also helpful with communications and minor questions that arose.

I plan on returning to Chicago for another project very soon and will stay in the Grand Plaza again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business