Manilow Suites at The Grand Plaza
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$317
$233
Sofitel
  • Restaurant
The James Chicago-Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$189
$188
$595
$447
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$233
Warwick Allerton-Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$194
$141
  • Room Service
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$159
$144
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 29, 2010

This was the worst experience I have had in a hotel or any other temporary accommodations. The cleaners did not come and when they did they did not clean. Once they left the air-conditioner on for 4 days while I was out of town and then tried to charge me extra for it. It is their policy not to wash dishes. The television did not work, the towels were returned dirty and worst of all when I tried to complain the staff, including Rosie form operation said that there was nothing they could do. The telephone did not allow me to make outgoing calls. The list continues. I can't believe my company paid over $2800 for me to stay here. It was so exhausting to come home from a hard day of working to one problem after another, with no remorse or compensation from the management.

Do not stay here

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank Sunny03261000
ManilowSuites, Owner at Manilow Suites at The Grand Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

After over three years of this review being printed, I still am deeply saddened. Saddened because, for the most part, how can one possibly defend themselves?
For 34 years, Manilow Suites has been over and above all other corporate housing companies in Chicago providing the finest services amenities, quality and value. I am so proud of the company, I have developed as well as the most exceptional staff anyone could ever hope for.
I am deeply saddened for the young lady who wrote such blasphemy. The poor girl was under enormous stress working over 80 hours a week. I also discovered she was let go from the company within months of her review.
I am so appreciative and grateful to the thousands of people throughout the years who have enjoyed staying with Manilow Suites and their kind words have only given us greater drive and initiative to be the best today, and even better tomorrow. Thank you to those wonderful people.
Francine Manilow

Reviewed March 24, 2010

I stayed at the Grand Plaza for a business conference in Chicago and everything exceeded my expectations. The staff at Manilow Suites are exceptional and were incredibly helpful in setting up my stay. I travel at least three times a month and it was so refreshing to deal with pleasant people and to stay in a place of my own as opposed to a sterile motel. I will recommend Manilow to anyone traveling to the Chicago area- for business or for pleasure. Thanks for a great trip!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank riley201
Reviewed March 12, 2010

I highly recommend the Manilow Suites for a number of reason.
-- The location is outstanding (grocery store downstairs, mag mile 3 short blocks, NAvy Peri 7 blocks)
-- Personal service you'll never find with a large chain
-- World-class fitness center
-- and most important...per friendly!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business