“Everything you want and close to home too”
Review of Chicago Chinatown

Ranked #87 of 662 things to do in Chicago
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Chicago's large Chinese neighborhood is full of popular restaurants.
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I love the atmosphere, the people and service, and the deals you find here. In fact, I bought my wedding dress here and the dresses for my entire wedding party (and many of the decorations too). Thanks so much to everyone here who made my wedding what it was. :-)

2  Thank Mary S

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I always love taking a day and visiting Chinatown. You actually feel like you are in China. The shoppes are great, knick knacks, etc., lots of Hello Kitty stuff, restaurants are very authentic. The markets are full of surprises and lots of exotic foods. My twelve year old son loves to visit also. Would highly recommend for anyone who lives in Chicago, as well as tourists. Good day excursion, especially with kids.

1  Thank nik35805
Reviewed December 29, 2012

One of the best Chinatowns I have ever visited in the USA. It is very organized and has a ton of stores and restaurants, it can take you up to one hour to discover it all, plus have a nice Chinese lunch or dinner. It takes only few stops on a red line from downtown and you can still see the Chicago skyline from the far away. I would definitely recommend this neighborhood to see something different other than just downtown Chicago. In my opinion, it's much better than Chinatown in NYC.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Bought a cake at a bakery in Chinatown. I noticed there were several bakeries in the area. Our cake was good and I liked doing a little sightseeing and shopping while we were here.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

It looks like I'm walking through a seedy alleyway walking through Chinatown. It wasn't always this way. I remember a fun, bright place but now it is loaded with vagrants after dark and is very scary to navigate if you are not in a larger group.

1  Thank TwinBritts