“How Did I Miss this Hidden Gem”
Review of Turquoise Cafe

Turquoise Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Turquoise Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #869 of 9,668 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Roscoe Village
Chicago, Illinois
“How Did I Miss this Hidden Gem”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

This amazing little Turkish restaurant is a great find. From the hummus to the Baked Salt Encrusted Fish. I have also had 2 different salads, the chicken kabob and lamb kabob. I have gone there 4 weeks in a row. Their food is high quality, fresh and season to perfection.

• Visited March 2014

• Turkish first
“S-L-O-W”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Waited almost 55 min for our food (4 dishes). Two of the dishes were over cooked. The slow kitchen slaps the great taste right out of the meal. If this was for lunch, dinner must be a sleepover. Its a shame because their food is delicious and the lunch menu is very affordable. I hope they fix their problem. Their is a lot of competition on Roscoe and in this economy you cant make your customer wait an hour for food.

• Visited August 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Neighborhood Spot in Roscoe Village”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Friendly neighborhood spot with good food, generous portions and very reasonable prices. We always end up with an extra meal for the following day with our leftovers. The seafood salad is very fresh and delicious. I've tried several of the kabobs and they are always excellent. The fresh bread is out of this world.

1 Thank holalola123
Palm Springs, California
“Istanbul in Chicago”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Since returning to Chicago after a wonderful visit to Turkey, I've been to Turquoise three times, for lunch, dinner with a friend, and with a group. The food is fabulous, the bread very tasty, and the lamb just out of this world. It seems that I'm working my way through the menu. It's a bit American(women servers), but enough flavors and aromas to transport you to Sultanahmet. At the Chicago Turkish Cultural exchange, Turquoise was recommended to me by a Turk who was spot on as just wonderful. Try it, you'll like it. Be patient, everything is made to order. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, good.

Decatur, Illinois
“A Taste of Turkey!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We visited Turkey a few years ago and since then we have been searching in vain for genuine Turkish food. That search ended last night at Turquoise.

Our Saturday night visit began with a warm greeting at the door. We were immediately struck by the wonderful smells of Turkish food...we could tell this place had promise! After being seated our waiter came to our table to serve us water and to take our order for raki. In the meantime, fresh warm bread with a dip appeared on our table. It was perfection...and we hadn't even ordered food yet!

We started our meal with mussels and patlican salatisi (smoked eggplant on flatbread). Both were excellent and this morning I'm wishing we had brought home the leftover broth from the mussels!

For our meals, I chose the Yogurt Kebaps and she chose the Manti. My dish was lamb kebaps with yogurt over pide...delicious! Hers was veal-stuffed tortellini in yogurt with a chili/tomato sauce on top. So yum!!! We always have a contest as to who got the best meal...in this case it was a tie!

The prices are reasonable, the service is excellent, the food is superb!

This was a truly wonderful experience and we can't wait to come back!