“delicious Dim Sum!”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Description: The vision behind Triple Crown is a family-style dining experience where the Chinese culinary aesthetic is showcased in a welcoming, comfortable atmosphere for guests of all ages. Our extensive menu offers dishes that feature tasty and complex flavor combinations using minimal salt, oil, and other additives. Experience a total cultural immersion as you gaze out at Chinatown's illustrious red gate and savor authentic Hong Kong cuisine that preserves the integrity of regional flavor. Enjoy an expertly prepared dish, made from the freshest and finest quality ingredients, under the replica of the Nine Dragon Wall. Join us for Dim Sum, which offers sweet and savory snack-sized meals for breakfast and brunch every day. Triple Crown strives to bridge the gap between Eastern palates and Western hospitality, linking high profile food with exceptional customer service. So relax and enjoy the enticing flavors of modern Hong Kong cuisine, right here in Chicago.
Mukwonago, WI
“delicious Dim Sum!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Our first stop on the Chicago Food Planet Chinatown tour. Learned about dim sum and how to order. Tasted delicious small portions of several different dim sum...amazing flavors! Can't wait to go back!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Mary W

• Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
“I must have gone on a bad day...”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I noticed a lot of good reviews for this restaurant but I guess I'm unlucky because I just went there today with a friend and the service was lousy. The food was average to subpar. As far as the service, the hostess was okay, but our waitress never smiled, never said "thank you", and I used English as well as even Chinese to speak to her. She checked on us once during the entire 40 minutes we were there and the restaurant wasn't busy at all. Oh well, like I said, maybe I just went on a bad day. But, there's lots of restaurants in Chinatown so I think I will try a different place next time.

• Visited June 2013
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Authentic and great value”
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Very nice authentic restaurant. I went upstairs in a place which was fine. You can watch Chinese people walking down the street which is cool!
The staff were good. The place is not that attractive but it is traditional and looked original!
Food was fantastic. I had dumplings diamons of different types !!! You must try them !!!
The value was very very good (low) price!!!

• Visited June 2013
Silver City, New Mexico
“Dim Sum Heaven”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Living in a small town in the middle of nowhere, we welcome any opportunity to eat food that is not readily available to us at home. Triple Crown filled the bill (and our stomachs).

In most of the places I've been, dim sum is served only during a limited timeframe, and sometimes only on certain days. I suppose that being one of many restaurants in Chinatown has meant that the competition is fierce... so dim sum is available at the Triple Crown every day, both during brunch/lunch hours and late night (9:00 PM to 2:00 AM).

Another difference, one that alters what I have come to think of as the dim sum 'experience' is that the Triple Crown doesn't appear to use the wheeled carts with stacks of various tidbits piled on and brought tableside for you to view and choose; instead, we were presented with a paper printed with full-color pictures of all the available items and would indicate to our server which ones we wanted-- not as much fun, and not conducive to impulsive choices.

The dim sum was tasty and well-seasoned, all you could ask for in morsels of steamed or fried food. We also ordered noodle bowls, one for each of us. You choose one of five different types of noodles and select one of twenty-odd proteins to add to the broth and vegetables; the bowls are huge, and neither of us were able to finish them, especially after having devoured so much dim sum.

The Triple Crown was a good choice for us: lots of food, great variety, decent prices.

• Visited April 2013
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food and Service”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I was extremely hungry and wanted to eat I got my wish at Triple Crown. The service was very good and the food was out of this world. I have told others about this place and I will be going back there again.

Visited April 2013