“Dim Sum Heaven”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Description: The vision behind Triple Crown is a family-style dining experience where the Chinese culinary aesthetic is showcased in a welcoming, comfortable atmosphere for guests of all ages. Our extensive menu offers dishes that feature tasty and complex flavor combinations using minimal salt, oil, and other additives. Experience a total cultural immersion as you gaze out at Chinatown's illustrious red gate and savor authentic Hong Kong cuisine that preserves the integrity of regional flavor. Enjoy an expertly prepared dish, made from the freshest and finest quality ingredients, under the replica of the Nine Dragon Wall. Join us for Dim Sum, which offers sweet and savory snack-sized meals for breakfast and brunch every day. Triple Crown strives to bridge the gap between Eastern palates and Western hospitality, linking high profile food with exceptional customer service. So relax and enjoy the enticing flavors of modern Hong Kong cuisine, right here in Chicago.
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Living in a small town in the middle of nowhere, we welcome any opportunity to eat food that is not readily available to us at home. Triple Crown filled the bill (and our stomachs).

In most of the places I've been, dim sum is served only during a limited timeframe, and sometimes only on certain days. I suppose that being one of many restaurants in Chinatown has meant that the competition is fierce... so dim sum is available at the Triple Crown every day, both during brunch/lunch hours and late night (9:00 PM to 2:00 AM).

Another difference, one that alters what I have come to think of as the dim sum 'experience' is that the Triple Crown doesn't appear to use the wheeled carts with stacks of various tidbits piled on and brought tableside for you to view and choose; instead, we were presented with a paper printed with full-color pictures of all the available items and would indicate to our server which ones we wanted-- not as much fun, and not conducive to impulsive choices.

The dim sum was tasty and well-seasoned, all you could ask for in morsels of steamed or fried food. We also ordered noodle bowls, one for each of us. You choose one of five different types of noodles and select one of twenty-odd proteins to add to the broth and vegetables; the bowls are huge, and neither of us were able to finish them, especially after having devoured so much dim sum.

The Triple Crown was a good choice for us: lots of food, great variety, decent prices.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I was extremely hungry and wanted to eat I got my wish at Triple Crown. The service was very good and the food was out of this world. I have told others about this place and I will be going back there again.

Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Triple Crown offers both dim sum and typical Chinese entrées. The food is great - the Kung pao chicken was tasty and loaded with veggies - and the portions are huge. The service, however, is terrible. We had to visibly act bored before the manager sent a waiter over. And then we ended up chasing the manager down again for extra napkins, etc. I would recommend this spot if you aren't in a hurry and are looking for good food on one of the main thoroughfares in Chinatown.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Went on a Saturday with kids. The place was busy, which is usually a good sign. Did not have to wait long to be seated. We had dim sum and everything was delicious, especially the dumplings. The kids loved the experience. We have a child with a nut allergy and we were pleased to find out that they cook everything in vegetable oil. They cooked a special noodle, egg, and vegetable dish for our son, which he thoroughly enjoyed. Service was good, food was great, we will definitely recommend to others!

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I ate dinner there four times on the roll and loved the Dim Sum, the Lobsters Specials and the good service the staff offered. Next time I go to Chicago I will certainly make reservations again!