“Chicago's”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago
Ranked #14 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 14, 2010

Had a fantastic stay at Hotel Palomar in Chicago. Everyone there provided exceptional service. Used the secret word, "fireworks" for July and we were upgraded to a king suite. It was amazing. I also mentioned that it was our anniversary and when we returned back from dinner there was champagne and some strawberries with chocolate waiting for us. As a Kimpton member we received free internet & "raid the mini bar" - got $10 worth of items.Excellen location, just 2 blocks from the Mag Mile." Thanks again for making this a wonderful stay. The only problem: we had to leave:)

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,817)

Reviewed July 11, 2010

Stayed for a weekend in July. Walked everywhere, enjoyed the comfy bed and quiet hallways.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
GMPalChi, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2010

Dear leos_10:

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Nabil Moubayed
GM - Pal Chi

Reviewed July 11, 2010

There is something about a new hotel - the team are aiming to please and certainly have in this case - the staff are helpful/knowledgable. The quality of the hotel is also tops, well equiped gym (better than most hotels) and location is excellent - very close to the magnificant mile - magnificant shopping strip. Being a Kimpton hotel they also do the nice evening drinks so guests can meet other guests.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo

Dear Torrie 6:

Thank you so much for your recent review. We appreciate hearing from our guests and it is always good to know about what we are doing well and what we could do better. We hope to see you back in Chicago soon. Until then, stay well.

Nabil Moubayed
GM - Pal Chi

Reviewed July 10, 2010

Trendy style, Amazing location, Top notch amenities and Personalized service! Let me start off by saying that I do not write reviews. I read them sometimes but never take the time to write them. I have stayed at the Four Seasons Florence Italy to the Grand Wailea Maui and everything in between. As great as they might have been, no hotel has ever inspired me to write a review until I stayed at the Palomar.

I can't say enough about this hotel. My wife and I needed a night out (away from the kids and In-Laws). We chose the Palomar based on the location but the hotel itself ended up far exceeding our expectations. The location couldn't be any better. Right around the block you have it all Michigan Ave for shopping, Rush Street for dinning & going out and just about anything else you could want to do. The service was outstanding. Everything from the doorman dashing to open our cabs door to the management personally greeting you. The rooms are comfortable and the decor is trendy. We also really enjoyed the rooftop pool and lounge. Our stay was perfect.

Our only complaint is that there's not a Palomar Hotel in Los Angeles. I guess we will have to come back to Chicago next summer for another visit.

The attention to detail is really what makes this hotel a world class destination. Do yourself a favor and treat yourself to a night or two at the Palomar!

Reviewed July 9, 2010

I had booked this hotel through some frequent flier miles I had sitting around and was extremely happy to find it was worth all those miles! I did research on this hotel prior to booking to ensure I would be using my miles wisely, and saw a few mixed reviews since the hotel was new. I am happy to have taken the chance on this hotel, our stay was excellent. The location is great if you are interested in walking within downtown Chicago and is close to any city transit you could need. From the top of the hotel you could see many of the well known Chicago landmarks. The front desk was extremely pleasant and helpful to our every need. The rooms were decorated in a beautifully modern way. The gym was small but did have a nice array of cardio machines with an excellent view of the city (if you opted not to watch the individual tvs provided). Generally we stay with family when visiting Chicago, but if a situation arises again where we need a hotel, I would not hesitate to book a room here again!

Reviewed July 8, 2010

This is the perfect hotel in every way from the arrival to check out. Beautiful surroundings, courteous, helpful staff and a lovely accommodation. Would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed July 7, 2010

From the moment my friend and I arrived at the hotel, we were greeted with smiles and wonderful attitudes, The doorman "D" was awesome along with the rest of the staff. They were all extremely helpful. They even pointed us in the right direction for events, restaurants and everything else in between, as it was our first time in the city. The hotel was very clean and the room was nice, stylish and very comfortable. I definitely would recommend this hotel for several reasons, the staff, the decor, and the location are just a few.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends