3,065 results
All reviews wine hour sable restaurant wine reception complimentary wine yoga mat rooftop terrace front desk staff floor to ceiling windows every evening indoor pool one bedroom suite top floor the river cupcakes corner room state street fire station
Selected filters
997 - 1,002 of 3,065 reviews
Reviewed August 19, 2015

Perfect location close to everything. State St subway station is less than a block away. The river walk and Magnificent Mile are just a couple of blocks away. The hotel was spotless. For being in the middle of the city, the room was relatively quiet. Every member of the staff provided exceptional customer service. They have a free happy hour at 5 pm with wine and snacks. The concierge is able to book many excursions. He got us tickets for a boat tour on the day of. There is a swanky cocktail bar downstairs. There is a small lap pool and roof top deck. Without a doubt, I would stay there again on my next trip to Chicago.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GMPalChi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2015

Dear Jay P,

Sounds like you had a wonderful stay with us and we are so grateful for your kind review and rating. I'm glad you found our accommodations and our team to be inviting and complimentary. I thank you for your recommendation and I wish you a wonderful remainder of Summer!

Best regards,

Reviewed August 18, 2015

Would recommend Hotel Palomar Chicago to anyone. Friendly staff, clean, great location, overall very comfortable stay. Everyone is very friendly and helpful who work there, especially Mark and Bobby in the concierge department.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
GMPalChi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2015

Dear Jeffrey G,

Thanks so much for your note! I am glad to hear Bobby and Mark took great care and that you enjoyed all aspects of your visit! From our beautiful city to yours, I wish you safe travels always and a terrific remainder of the Summer season!

Best regards,

Reviewed August 18, 2015

From the moment you walk onto the property and the bell staff opens the door, you just know you will be well taken care of. The front desk staff is warm and welcoming. They always offer help with dinner reservations and remind us of the wine reception in the evening. The rooms are well appointed and very comfortable. The internet works better than what we have at home. The bed was comfortable and they always make sure I have my feather pillows.

We were surprised to find a bottle of wine left in our room with a personalized hand written Happy Birthday note to my husband. They just don't miss a thing!

The surrounding area is bustling and you are in a central location -- not far from great shopping on Michigan Avenue, close enough for a nice long walk to Millenium Park or to the theater district. We walked to the River North area for breakfast and to Oak Street Beach just for fun.

If you are looking for a wonderful place to stay, look no further and book your stay at the Palomar!

Room tip: Our corner King Spa room was very comfortable - great view from the 9th floor.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Mamasars,

Sounds like you and your husband had a wonderful visit downtown for his birthday celebration! We are glad to have been a part and very happy that we are your chosen home away from home! Thank you kindly for your review and high rating, and we certainly appreciate your business. Enjoy the rest of your Summer!

Reviewed August 18, 2015 via mobile

Great hotel and good service. We enjoyed the view. The beds were very comfortable and the shower was great. We liked getting a bottle of wine, a rollaway bed and a mini fridge. We especially liked Stan who greeted us at the door. He gave us ideas where to eat and visit. He was very helpful to us since this was our first time to the Windy City.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear tk304,

Thanks so much for your review and kind comments! I'm happy to hear you had a wonderful visit to Chicago to see the Cubs! I will also share your sentiments with Stan, and we appreciate your taking the time to share your feedback and recommendations. We hope to see you again soon, and safe travels to you always.

Best,

Reviewed August 18, 2015

First I must say that the staff here is TOP NOTCH! We came here for our 10th Anniversary weekend and they were fantastic. Everyone knew of our anniversary and constantly congratulated us on it. Nice touch. They also left a bottle of wine and chocolates in our room... even nicer touch!

As far as the hotel goes, the entrance is a bit of a mess with a VERY small vehicle area and the entrance was usually pretty congested. And the entrance is actually set back from the entrance for the residences above the hotel, which made for a kind of confusing entry.

The hotel and it's finishes are nice, but seem already somewhat dated. We've staying in Hotel Monaco's often and I'm not sure if this is a slightly lesser offering of their chain, but it was not nearly up to the standard of the Hotel Monaco's we've stayed at abroad. The room was small (though this is acknowledged for ultra-urban locations). The room was clean however, including the restroom which is where most hotels falter. The bed was somewhat uncomfortable and I can usually sleep on firm or soft beds... this was just wasn't comfortable. There weren't very many places in the room for chargers either... something any higher end hotel should have by now.

Additionally, we did have a slight disappointment with the restaurant below - Sable. When I made the hotel reservations, the person I spoke with HIGHLY recommended the restaurant but said it was unnecessary to make reservations. Yet when we finally came and opted for their location, they said they were booked, and instead put us on a very slim and "cold" side patio. Yet the whole time we sat there, the restaurant was virtually empty. Felt a little like we were an inconvenience to them. We would have made reservations there or elsewhere had we been notified correctly. We also decided at one point to checkout the "rooftop pool", as it was said to us... well it's on the roof, but it's inside! There is a patio area outside to sit on, but the wireless was absolutely zero on the patio and thus didn't suit what we were looking for as semi-modern folks who just wanted to relax by the pool and surf the interwebs...

To the GOOD! Again, the hotel staff was FANTASTIC! Seemed to me that they were rising above the venue quality. Bobby was particularly helpful and mindful of our preferences. Like many Kimpton hotels they did have some fun unusual amenities like the daily wine social in the front lounge area and the fact that they loan out bikes for your to ride around the many adjacent areas to see. On that note the hotel is pretty well situated only a couple blocks from the Chicago river and not far from the North Shore and Navy pier. Many wonderful restaurants VERY nearby. Sunda for example was unbelievable sushi and Frontera Grill was one of the best brunches I've every had!

All and all we have a wonderful weekend and owe a good portion of that to Hotel Palomar. Thank you. I guess I might have just had my expectations raised by previous stays at Hotel Monaco.

Not sure we'll be back as we'll probably try said Hotel Monaco were we to come back to Chicago - which we will btw... WONDERFUL CITY.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank justinrX466VY
GMPalChi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2015

Dear 6605stang,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your detailed review. I thank you kindly for your recognition of our terrific staff here at the Palomar, especially Bobby, whom you mentioned by name. I would also like to wish you a happy 10th anniversary! I do also appreciate your critiques and feedback, especially with your described experience at Sable Kitchen and Bar. So sorry that you did not enjoy your meal due to the location of your seat on the side patio, given the information you received prior to your arrival regarding the need (or not) to make reservations. I also apologize that you were disappointed that our rooftop pool is indoors. Please understand that in our city, most hotel pools are indoor, due to our annual weather limitations which make an indoor pool the best opportunity for our guests to enjoy our pool, year-round. We do offer the outdoor adjacent terrace, however, for anyone to enjoy the sun in the months here in Chicago when it shines! Furthermore, I am also sorry that you did not feel our hotel was up to the standards you have experienced at some of our sister, Hotel Monacos. I must mention, though, that we do not actually have any Hotel Monacos (or any Kimpton Hotels) outside of the United States, so when you mentioned a hotel you visited abroad, not sure if you may have confused that particular hotel as a "Kimpton Hotel"? Regardless, to answer your question as to whether we are a 'lesser offering' of Hotel Monacos amongst Kimpton Hotels, we are not. I am very sorry that you felt this way, however, from your experience with us, but I am still pleased that you found our team of associates top notch and very welcoming. We certainly thank you for your business and I wish you safe travels, always.