$182
$137
Savings alert! 48% below average rates

The price you found is 48% lower than this hotel's average rate of $264/night.

Hyatt Regency McCormick Place(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$222
$164
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of $252/night.

$140
$127
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of $206/night.

Chicago South Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$169
$98
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $148/night.

Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$183
$162
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $236/night.

$220
$199
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $242/night.

Hilton Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$178
$157
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $238/night.

Kinzie Hotel(Chicago)
$160
$139
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $218/night.

$229
$161
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $234/night.

$229
$214
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $287/night.

2,928 results
All reviewswine hoursable restaurantwine receptionanimal print robescomplimentary wineyoga matrooftop terracefloor to ceiling windowsfront desk staffnorth areaone bedroom suiteindoor pooltop floorthe rivercorner roomstate streetmini bar
Reviewed July 13, 2014

This was our 4th stay at Palomar in 4 years. The first 2 times we stayed, we really enjoyed it. The 3rd time and 4th times were just ok. The staff was super friendly as always. The food at Sable is really good and the atmosphere is great--- for breakfast and lunch. After 9pm it becomes really crowded and impossible to get a drink or fit a place to sit. The elevators take forever... Just be aware.

We stayed on the 12th floor this last visit and at all times, we had the smells of food wafting into our room for some reason. Sounds like a dream come true, right? Well after a while it was a overwhelming and annoying. The "duvet cover" is basically 2 flat sheets (we'll call them "the buns") with a dingy old duvet inset in between them (we'll call that the burger). Nothing buttoned or tucked in order to conceal the burger, so literally after 5 minutes of trying to get comfortable, the buns had separated and the burger was exposed. No one wants to touch the old dingy burger, right? Irritating to say the least. The mattress was really uncomfortable too. The room just showed signs of wear which we hadn't experienced here before. So we're unsure if this was just fluke or if the hotel is going a little downhill.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
GMPalChi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Dear JSC79,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments and feedback from your recent stay. First and foremost, I thank you for your continued patronage to our hotel over the years. We certainly would like for you to continue staying with us when in Chicago. I am so sorry for the food smells that you experienced in your room. This is something that we will definitely look into with our engineering team to work on a solution. I also thank you for sharing your description and experience with the bedding in your room. This is the first complaint I've read regarding our comforter set-up, but one that I will look into further with our housekeeping team. I would like to assure you that our hotel is not going "downhill" as you mentioned - Please know that as hotels age, we work strategically and expediently to combat that age and refresh along the way in the necessary areas. We are always working on improvements and we rely heavily on our guests' feedback to point us in the right direction. I thank you again for yours, and we hope to see you for another visit very soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 13, 2014

My title says it all. The wine and apples at 5pm is great and its all Free. The hotel itself is small but quaint. The location is center city and you can walk over where. Aside from the pricey rooms its worth it cause you can drink wine for 2 hrs straight for FREE

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Eric D,

Thank you for sharing your comments here and great to hear that you enjoyed your visit, especially our complimentary wine hour each evening! We hope to see you again soon and I wish you a wonderful Summer season.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Our recent stay at Palomar went well. I'll start by listing the good. The room was nice (good bed, very clean, nice bathroom, great water pressure, and nice view). The staff was helpful, nice and accommodating. The restaurant had great food and great service. The hotel is in the very center of the city and was within walking distance to everything. As another reviewer stated, it was a great "hub". These are all very strong positives. We stayed in a room high up and I would definitely recommend that for noise control. The rooms were actually very quiet. We had several "woo" girls staying in the room next door who we could hear loudly in the hallway, but once we were in our room their squeals disappeared. City noise was also non-existent in our rooms (excepting sirens or other loud incidentals).

Our only issues were consequences of the area and our age. We are in our 40's and 50's. This area of Chicago is the "in" area. Be very clear that when something is "in" that means that the 20 somethings have decided it's cool. The entire area and, especially, this hotel becomes a hive at night--swarmed with the very young. So much so that there actually is a loud background roar resembling high volume white noise. It sounds like a busy hive. The roar begins at the onset of free drinks (when the lobby packs with young guests) and lasts until....... At night, Sable's bar area jam packs with 20 somethings and thumps with "cool" music. The youth hive phenomenon extends beyond the Palomar for a radius of about 3 blocks in all directions.

Fortunately, there was a quiet rooftop area with a nice city view to escape the hive. Although, there is no bar service and alcohol is not allowed up there (which is unfortunate). It's just an offshoot of the pool area and a quiet place to talk or unwind. It is the only place we saw people our own age at the hotel.

So, I would recommend this hotel for many reasons and give it a high rating. If you are in your 20's or early 30's, or if you enjoy rekindling your youth and are perpetually young at heart, then the Palomar will be perfect. But, if you are looking for a more genteel and sophisticated stay, this hotel may disappoint. However, as I said, it is close walking distance to everything, so if you are older and choose to stay here you should be able to find more age appropriate after-hour scenes nearby.

Overall great central location, great value and lots of amenities nearby. Good luck!

Room Tip: I listed average on the noise level because the surrounding area is loud due to the volume of people and nightlife. However, the rooms were quiet and managed to dissipate the city and guest noises. I recommend staying high up to minimize city noises and you would definitely want to be toward the backside of the hotel (there are also views there, but you won't be across the street from loud bars).
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank GetawayABCs

Dear GetawayABCs,

I want to thank you for your detailed and insightful review. We certainly appreciate your praise and positive comments about the great comfort, cleanliness, and functionality of your room. I would certainly agree with you that the River North neighborhood where we are located, is most definitely a high energy area of Chicago, with one of the most highly condensed areas of top restaurants, lounges, and nightlife in the city. I must mention, though, that this area, and our hotel, including Sable Kitchen and Bar, draws the attraction of people of all ages. We consistently receive excellent reviews and feedback from our guests of all ages, as we cater to everyone. We have an excellent Kimpton Kids program who love our pet goldfish, our fun animal print robes, also available in childrens' sizes, as well as quiet and relaxing areas of the hotel, as you had mentioned in your review, for anyone who would like a more serene atmosphere. Overall, we take great pride in offering activities around town and around our neighborhood for anyone and everyone, regardless of age. I completely understand and appreciate your personal opinions, as those of all of our guests are critical to our ability to offer excellent accommodations, but I just wanted to share my own thoughts about our hotel to the Trip Advisor community as well. I do thank you for your business and if you should choose to stay with us again, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Palomar!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

The Palomar Chicago makes a great base in the city of Chicago and I would especially recommend it for someone travelling on Business. I had a City View King Room on the 17th floor and enjoyed a nice view to the South. The room was generously sized and well laid out with an easy chair and side table by the window for enjoying the view. The bed was a definite highlight for me -- very comfortable and nice quality sheets and pillows (no "hotel smell" in the bedding at all) -- I slept very well every night (which is pretty unusual for me in a hotel).

The Palomar is well situated -- very close to a subway stop, easy walking to the Magnificent Mile and the river and other local tourist attractions and in an area with lots of restaurants and bars (no worries about walking into a deserted area of the city after dark). You get free coffee at the Palomar but no breakfast, but that's not a problem as there's a Starbucks nearby (of course!) There's also a little grocery store a block away that's a great place to pick up a muffin and yogurt. Then you can come back and enjoy the coffee at the hotel (either in the nice lounge area, in the outdoor seating area at the front of the hotel or up in your room).

I didn't use the pool or gym, but both looked very nice and the gym had lots of equipment (it wasn't just a dark hole in the wall like in some hotels). There's also a small outdoor patio area on the 17th floor with some lounge chairs etc. The attached restaurant is very busy, which was a bit of a disappointment to me since I normally find hotel restaurant/bars a haven when travelling solo.

I wasn't particularly keen on the hotel's dog policy as there seemed to be quite a few large dogs in the hotel riding the elevator regularly. There's also only 2 elevators serving the guest floors, so the wait can be a bit long sometimes. I had an issue with the safe in my room, but maintenance came right away and were able to get the issue resolved fairly quickly.

Those minor issues aside, however, I had a great stay at the Palomar and will definitely consider it for future trips to Chicago. I would highly recommend joining the Kimpton loyalty program before you go as you get several perks as a member during your stay (including free wife and a $10 gift card for the mini bar)

Room Tip: It's a loud area, so it's probably quieter to be on the highest floor possible (which is 17)
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
GMPalChi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Dear schweiz2816,

Thank you for such a detailed review and description of our services and offerings. You paint a wonderful picture for the Trip Advisor community and I am glad to know that you enjoyed your visit and would recommend our hotel. I do thank you for your business and choosing to stay with us, and we certainly look forward to your next visit. I wish you a wonderful Summer season.

Best,

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Fell in love with Kimpton Hotel while visiting Cambridge, Mass. Clean. Modern. Cozy. Great shampoos and soaps....pets alllowed and a family feel. Usually when we take our daughter to her summer program in Chicago - we stayed at a HUGE Hilton. It was "fine" but it was time for a change. This is now the ONLY place for us to stay. Even on the 16th floor - the water pressure was EXCELLENT! Great free bike rental. The "prime" location for our needs. Free shuttle to Navy Pier (eh.) The bellman even chased me down the street when he saw me turn the wrong way. Super nice terrace on 17 and an indoor only pool. Quite Lovely....we return in 2 weeks! Room service food was surprisingly good, too!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo

Dear 3grlsmom,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent visit - and it is wonderful to hear that you are a Kimpton fan! We look forward to your upcoming return visit, and if there is anything we can do to make your next stay even more enjoyable, please let me know. Until then, travel safe!