Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$643
$424
  • Restaurant
Chicago South Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$217
The Peninsula
$292
$252
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$260
La Quinta
  • Breakfast included
The James Chicago-Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$474
$437
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$361
$340
Cancelon
  • Room Service
2,878 results
All reviewswine hoursable restaurantwine receptionanimal print robescomplimentary wineyoga matrooftop terracefloor to ceiling windowsnorth areafront desk staffindoor poolone bedroom suitetop floorthe rivercorner roomstate streetmini bar
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We had a family getaway during spring break. There were a few great choices as far as hotels, but we chose the Palomar. Thank goodness! Its literally right next to the Red Line on the "L" which basically opens up the entire city. It was very clean and the staff was awesome. My son forgot his retainer case (kids) and they found it and shipped it for us, no problems. That was really nice. The only thing is if you're a light sleeper, there is a firehouse down the street. I'm a firefighter, so they were basically playing my song. Nothing ear plugs couldn't fix. Not a deal breaker folks. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Luis P
GMPalChi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Dear Luis P,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments and praise here from your recent Spring Break visit! We do appreciate your kind remarks and five star rating, and I am glad to know we were able to find and send back your son's retainer case. Thank you as well for your comments and understanding regarding the exterior noises with the nearby fire department. Definitely a high energy "city sounds" atmosphere at our location! We do hope to see you again soon, and certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back for another vacation!

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Two weeks ago I had the calamity of staying at the W Lakeshore. Please see that review if you want an early Halloween treat. This week I was working in the office building next door and stayed here. It was only a single night and it was great. A beautiful corner room on the 12th floor, gracious service, good food, nice lobby. Someone opened a door for me each time I entered and exited the hotel. I felt the staff really wanted me there. I had stayed here before a few months ago and I was working such long hours the hotel didn't make a huge impact on me but it sure did this time. Consider staying here.

Room Tip: I stayed in 1201 corner room, two sets of windows.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear reallypickylady,

We always love to hear when our guests kind of "happen upon us" due to working close by, timing, etc...and then truly enjoy their visit! Thank you so much for taking this time to share your comments and we do hope you will continue to stay with us for your future Chicago trips!

Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

I had my summer vacation in Chicago with my daughter and grandchild. We stayed at Palomar Chicago, a Kimpton Hotel. My very first impression was hotel lobby lounge and reception area. My grandchild ran around the lobby while my daughter checked in. It was so wide, opened and luxury with unique design. My room was spacious, convenient, well-decorated, clean and enough space for 3 of us. For me, I love hotel indoor swimming pool, I could both swim and enjoy the city view from the glass windows. My daughter loves food and beverage at hotel restaurant and bar. She uses many hotel services, from sauna massage to fitness centre. She was so satisfied with these. I was too old to use them, so sad.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank ggodoa

Dear ggodoa,

Thank you so much for sharing your comments from your trip here last summer. It is great to read that you and your family were able to enjoy our hotel, our pool, and our fantastic dining at Sable Kitchen. We certainly hope you plan another summer trip to the States - and of course, stop in Chicago for a visit!

Reviewed May 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for the Shamrock Shuffle race in Chicago in March. The hotel is beautiful and the staff is very pleasant and accommodating. It is pet friendly hotel and even though we don't have a dog, I was happy to pet the few that we saw. It is within walking distance to all the Chicago tourist attractions. I would highly recommend it and would stay there again with no hesitation.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
GMPalChi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Dear FinchFam4,

Great to hear that you had a great time with us - and I hope you enjoyed the race! Your kind comments and praise are very much appreciated and I thank you for sharing. If there is anything further that we could have done to earn a five star rating, please do not hesitate to let us know. We strive to offer the highest standard of service and are always looking for ways to improve.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

The Palomar has a lot going for it. The rooms are well decorated, although not luxurious. The room service food is excellent. The sheets are top notch quality and the down pillows are great. The manner in which the bed is made is strange, though: the sheets and comforter need to be up higher on the bed so they can cover the sleeper up to the shoulders (this might be something you have to see to understand.) The service is excellent, and the hotel is clean and a good value.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear 24813579,

Thank you for sharing your comments and critique regarding your recent stay with us at the Palomar. We certainly do appreciate your praise and will take your feedback on our bed making to our housekeeping team. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,