“Business trip in a great spot”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago
Ranked #12 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 21, 2013

This hotel was wonderful! It was a great location (right around the corner from Nordstrom's and easy walking distance to a variety of restaurants.) The room was very nice, clean and spacious. I loved having a sliding door to the bathroom, it made everything feel much more open! The front desk staff was helpful from restaurant recommendations to a bottle of water after a lte night out, they were ready at every step! Coming in on a cold November day, the front patio was well heated and the fire places were burning. Great place and I look forward to coming back!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank AshleyHowerton
GMPalChi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Dear AshleyHowerton,

Thank you very much for writing this kind review from your recent stay with us! I love to hear that you enjoyed everything and were comfortable and well-taken care of while with us. Please don't be a stranger, and come back and see us soon! Enjoy the holiday season!

Adam Gurgiolo - Palomar Chicago

There are newer reviews for Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We had such a wonderful night for our Anniversary night. We decided to not leave the hotel and eat at the hotel restaurant. It was great, so many unique foods and presentations. The wine hour was wonderful, everyone was so friendly. The complimentary Champagne was a very nice touch. Thank you for a wonderful night we will definitely be staying again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dbfishing
GMPalChi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear Dbfishing,

Thank you so much for sharing your comments here with the Trip Advisor community. Allow me to wish you and your wife a belated Happy Anniversary! Great to hear that you chose to celebrate it here at the Palomar and that you had an opportunity to dine at Sable. Definitely one of the best restaurants in the city! We certainly do hope to see you again for next year's celebration! I thank you kindly for staying with us and I wish you a happy holiday season.

Best regards,

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I have stayed at the Palomar in Chicago at least 20 times over the last few years--including this week--and I love it every time. The front desk staff could not be nicer and more accommodating. Mark is my personal favorite, but they are all amazing. They greet me personally every time I arrive, and go above and beyond in terms of service. Last December I arrived having realized I didn't pack my IPhone charger. It was late and I wasn't too excited about battling the crowds at the Apple store so they offered to go and get it for me. That's the kind of hotel it is and why I always come back. It's become a home away from home. BTW, the rooms are great (try a suite if you can---they are very spacious), the gym is very well equipped, the room service food is delicious and the bathrooms are great. The neighborhood is a winner too--always something open nearby even if you arrive late. I HIGHLY recommend the Palomar in Chicago!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LML2513

Dear LML2513,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this wonderful review! I am thrilled to read that you have become one of our regulars and that you continue to choose the Palomar when in Chicago. Thanks for calling out Mark here as well! He is definitely an asset for us and truly someone who wants to please our guests with a real passion to serve. Also glad we were able to assist when you needed a new phone charger. We certainly know what it is like when things like that occur when traveling - and we try our best to alleviate some unnecessary stresses if we can! Thank you kindly for your recommendations and we hope to see you soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Palomar during a recent trip to Chicago with friends - rooms were beautiful and clean, staff was very friendly and helpful, location was great (easy walk to MI Ave), fireplaces in the lobby were cozy after coming in from the cold, and the Sable restaurant and bar were fabulous (do not miss the mini veggie burgers)! This was my first stay at a Kimpton property and I was extremely impressed!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 2013_Travel_Bug_2013

Dear 2013_Travel_Bug,

We very much appreciate your gracious feedback and recommendations here on your Trip Advisor review! Thank you for taking the time to share and we thank you kindly for choosing to stay with us. I must mention that I agree 100% on the veggie burger sliders in Sable - absolutely my favorite!

Thanks again,

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Our first time at a Palomar. I have stayed in the Monaco in San Francisco and Denver and I must say I enjoyed the Palomar a bit more. The room was spacious with just the frills needed for a comfortable stay. Happy hour for wine and a free drink were welcome. Ate at the Sable restaurant which lived up to its reputation. Perfect evening topper was the bar; great mixologists who take the time to help you choose and then execute. Bed could have had a softer pillow top.

Overall all was a fantastic stay in a great town.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank baboulas9

Dear baboulas9,

Thank you so much for sharing your kind comments regarding your recent stay with your family. Wonderful to hear that you had a lovely time and we very much appreciate your business. We certainly welcome you back for your next visit and until then, safe travels always!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Great location in downtown Chicago with fabulous restaurant adjoining. Wonderful breakfast and dinner. Comfortable, modern rooms. Nice, free happy hour in lounge. Very friendly staff.
Ugly, but fun bathrobes.

Room Tip: Less traffic on higher floors but all good.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kendra H

Dear Kendra H,

Thank you for your kind review. We really appreciate your business and we hope to see you again for your future travels to Chicago. Glad to hear you found the bathrobes fun!

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I have been to Chicago many times and stayed in many great hotels. The Palomar is my favorite for several reasons- the service can not be beat, the location is great and the rooms are comfy and nice. The hotel restaurant/lounge is great too- for cocktails in the evening and for dining. We have stayed at this restaurant for our annual girls trip for the past 4 years and can't imagine staying anywhere else. If you have the opportunity, upgrade to the 1 bedroom suite- it is SO nice! I love that the location is 2 blocks behind Michigan so it is convenient for shopping but off crazy Michigan Ave. Highly recommend this hotel- you won't find a better place to stay! Cant wait to be back next year!

Room Tip: upgrade to any of the suites if you have the opportunity. So much more comfortable!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank lovetogoAR
GMPalChi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear lovetogoAR,

We are truly humbled by your very gracious review. Thank you so much for sharing. I love to hear when our guests are able to enjoy everything we have to offer, including Sable Kitchen & Bar, and ultimately the Chicago River North experience. Thank you for continuing to stay with us each year for your annual girls' trip, and please feel free to reach out to me directly when you are ready to plan next year's, if I can assist in any way!

Very kind regards,