Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago
Kinzie Hotel(Chicago)
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
2,854 results
All reviewswine hoursable restaurantwine receptionanimal print robescomplimentary wineyoga matrooftop terracefloor to ceiling windowsnorth areafront desk staffindoor poolone bedroom suitetop floorthe rivercorner roomstate streetmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The hotel is in a good location, a couple of blocks from Michigan Ave and walking distance from Millenium Park. It's a somewhat small hotel - no concierge desk, only 2 elevators and a fairly minimal lobby. The rooms are fairly standard 4* hotel rooms, but there is just a little extra that the Palomar provides that its larger competitors don't. There is a wine reception/happy hour every night, there is coffee and tea service all morning. The lobby smells citrusy and is fresh and inviting. I would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
GMPalChi, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear TexasLady7509:

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate it. I am so glad you enjoyed all of the extras that set us apart from our friendly competitors.

Just to clarify for the TA community, we actually do have a concierge desk that is part of and right next to our front desk and has two of the finest concierges in town (that are often talked about on TA) - Bobby and Mark. Please make sure you ask for them when you are here.

All the best and see you soon,

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I travelled to Chicago in mid-March for business. The Hotel Palomar is a welcoming and chic hotel within walking distance the Magnificent Mile and many wonderful restaurants. Sable kitchen was amazing with another great staff. The food is amazing, and it attracts a great crowd for happy hour. I travelled alone and asked the staff for restaurant recommmendations after dining at Sable. They did not disappoint! My room was clean, modern, and comfortable. I can be a bit of a bedding-snob, and the Hotel Palomar lived-up to my expectations. I highly recommend this hotel for a business trip or a sexy Chicago getaway.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Leana S:

Thank you so much for the positive review - we truly appreciate it as well as the shout out to Sable our incredible Kitchen and Bar next door.

Take care and see you soon.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I recently spent 4 nights at the Palomar and loved it. It was our second time staying at a Kimpton hotel, and I can def. say I will seek out a Kimpton before staying at any other hotel. The service is wonderful and friendly. The hotel is very clean- you would never know it is pet-friendly. Could occasionally hear other guests in the hallway but nothing too noisy. Being that the hotel is in the heart of the city, there is a lot of traffic outside. And unfortunately it seems to be very close to a fire station, as we heard multiple sirens throughout the days (we were on the 14th floor). Being that I'm a light sleeper, the sirens and some thunder the first night woke me up. However I came prepared with ear plugs and had no problems after that. Being that this is a city hotel, you can't avoid some city noises, so I can't fault the hotel for this. We used the fitness center and I was impressed with the amount of machines/equipment they have- 3 treadmills, 3 ellipticals, 2 bikes, free weights, weight machine, kettle/medicine balls, mats, jump ropes, hula hoops, plus- water cooler, towels, fresh apples and two bathrooms. The best hotel fitness facility I've experience, and it overlooks the city. Pool looked nice, didn't get to try it out though.

We had the King Spa Premier room and it was wonderful. Plenty of space, nice large jacuzzi tub with large separate shower. Beautiful room. We were lucky to have a corner room with two walls of windows overlooking the city.

Valet parking is expensive at $50/night, but parking throughout the city is outrageous. Had a great dinner at the hotel restaurant Sable. Try Weber Grill next door for an all you can eat breakfast buffet for $15.

Close walk to Magnificent Mile and only about 10 minutes to walk to the river.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Cptacek1:

We are so glad you and your husband had a great stay with us. I also appreciate your fair comments about the city noises and valet parking prices. They are all part of the reality of a downtown experience and we try to manage them to the best of our ability.

As the weather keeps getting better and true Spring is almost here we hope you will come back and visit soon.

Nabi Moubayed

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I recently spent two nights at the Palomar (room 1011) and thoroughly enjoyed the stay. My "deluxe king" was spacious with lots of working space and a huge, comfortable bed. I heard little noise from other guests or from outside which made for a good, sound sleep. Unlike many other hotels, the flat screen TV offered true HD on most channels. My only beef was the inability to lower the room temp below 65 degrees (I like to sleep in a cold room) and the flooding in the bathroom if you don't very carefully draw the shower curtain tight to the back wall.

The Palomar is conveniently located on State Street which is only a couple of blocks from Michigan Avenue - perfect for visiting the city.

I found the staff to be extremely friendly and was thrilled by the tip given to me my the woman working registration when I checked in - sign up for Kimpton's free loyalty program and get free wireless Internet.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear John B:

Thank you for such a great review. We appreciate it and truly hope you will come back and visit us soon.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Just stayed 3 nights at this centrally located boutique style hotel close to restauarants, bars, and super shopping along the Magnificent Mile. Clean rooms comfortable bed and very friendly staff. Thanks to the room attendant for finding my documents in the room safe and getting them to the front desk so I had them before departing for the airport.This hotel is a good choice for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: sirens from a neighborhood firehall were loud so a higher floor could be better a good choice.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
GMPalChi, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear howardsWhiterock_bc:

Thank you for your review. I am so glad we were able to help you out with your documents.

We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.