“If I ran a hotel...”

Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom
“If I ran a hotel...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

....this would be it!

Not much to add to the other great reviews. We loved it. The staff were super friendly and helpful. The room was excellent etc etc And the wine and pizza were an unexpected and wonderful surprise.

We will be looking for other Kimpton hotels after this experience. Thanks.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GMPalChi, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Mr_Haddock:

Thank you for that great review - I would love to have you join me for a couple of days to help run the hotel. Now that would be fu!!

We appreciate the compliments and look forward to your return one day.

GM - Palomar Chicago

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (617)
Muncie, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

The car door closes, the doorman takes your bag, and you're whisked from the city into the marble-floored lobby. As is the case with all the staff at this hotel, the receptionist was extremely friendly, even going so far as to use her rusty French with my boyfriend who was in town visiting at the time. As is the case with all hotels, it's really the small touches that make a stay truly great: the silent elevator, the 'raid pass' ($10 credit for the mini-bar given to Kimpton In-Touch members), the personalized message center on the TV, and the hand-crafted soaps. I'm always happy to meet the management of any hotel I stay at, and this is possible during the Wine Hour offered daily. I've stayed in many other hotels offering free drinks in the lobby, but this is the only perfect execution of it I've seen. The goal is to offer a social outlet, a feeling of community, to its guests and that is exactly what it does.

Room Tip: If there are enough rooms available, reception will ask you upon check-in what your preferences are...
1 Thank Colt J
GMPalChi, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear Colt J:

We are honored that you posted such a great review. Thank you. So gald you had a wonderful visit with your boyfriend. I hope we can do it all again real soon.

Best regards,

GM -Palomar Chicago
Bozeman, Montana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

We hosted our first training meeting in Chicago at this hotel. It did not disappoint in any way. The area has unlimited activities, restaurants, sporting events, shopping, and architecture. The public spaces are clean and pedestrian friendly. From the moment our staff checked in it was apparent that the hotel places a high priority on customer service with a helpful, can-do attitude. The staff of the hotel was always on hand and the General Manager came by our registration area to introduce himself and to be available for questions. Our primary sales contact came by multiple times during the day to check on things, and the banquet staff was on-task, available, and extremely friendly. Our AV tech was certainly among the very best with whom we've ever worked. We had 80 guests on property and there was NOT ONE reservation or service issue with the rooms. Even better: the internet quality and speed. Make sure to sign up for the Kimpton loyalty program because then the internet is free.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GMPalChi, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear 2y2p:

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. I remember your group well and am so glad that every one felt that this was a great experience.

We hope that we can continue working with you and your team for future programs and we look forward to seeing you in Chicago again soon.

Oakdale, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Wow! Where to start? The location is fabulous with dining, shopping, and access to the Red Line just outside your door. We were in Chicago for our annual girls trip, and The Palomar was the perfect hotel to serve as our home away from home. The rooms were well appointed and comfortable. The wine hour was the perfect ending to the day/begining to our night.
I want to give a special shout out to the bell man, Bleu. He went out of his way to assist us with directions for the L train, getting a cab, and even recommended a great Sushi restaurant for our last night in town. Always stay at a Kimpton when traveling, and will surely return to the Palomar on my next trip to Chicago!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
GMPalChi, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear 93Nic:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review - we truly appreciate it. Also, Bleu says hi - he was thrilled that you mentioned his name.

All the best and see you soon.

San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

I don't know if it's the good location, the comfortable room, the professional staff or the attached Sable Kitchen and bar, but.. (alright, it is the Sable bar. That place has an amazing selection of well-chosen distilled spirits, a staff of talented and friendly bartenders and some very tasty appetizers). The hotel rooms themselves are nice; very comfortable and clean. While I wish the bathroom doors were once that closed with a resounding CLICK rather than a barn-door slide, The bathrooms themselves are well appointed. We opted to stay at another (non-Palomar) hotel on our last visit to Chicago and were disappointed (and somehow managed to find ourselves back at Sable for cocktails anyway).
I think this is not just my favorite hotel in Chicago, but my favorite Kimpton overall.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
GMPalChi, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear margieco:

Thank you for such a great review and for loving Sable as much as we do. It truly is an amazing experience.

We can't wait to see you again.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Having been so pleased with our previous stay, I booked a block of 30 rooms at the Palomar for my out of town guests during my wedding weekend. Despite being fully booked with other weddings and guests from the Ryder Cup, our stay this time was even better than the last. Sarah did a tremendous job helping me with the reservation process, and made sure that all of our special requests were taken care of.

My husband and I stayed in one of the larger suites with seperate bedroom and living room areas. If you can, I would definitely recommend the upgrade! The room was huge, and had more than ample space to allow me and my wedding party to get ready on the day of the wedding. The hotel management also made sure to provide our stylists with extra tables and benches to work on. The bathroom was huge, and featured one of the fabulous fuji soaking tubs that I fell in love with during our first stay! This made for the perfect place to unwind with the celebratory bottle of champagne the hotel left for us after our big day.

Overall, we and our guests were extremely impressed with the Palomar. My husband and I stayed at two of the Four Seasons properties in Hawaii during our honeymoon, and I beleive the service here is at least on par with those properties.

We will be staying again very soon!

Room Tip: If you can do the upgrade, request a room with a Fuji tub!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Rory0110:

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel and for blocking so many rooms with us. We certainly appreciate the business and also thank you for the favorable comparisons to some other great hotels.

We hope we can host you for many years to come. Maybe a yearly anniversary trip?

See you soon.

Bellingham, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

What an an amazing birthday week we had two weeks ago at the Palomar Chicago. Mark and Bobbie G. were two of most competent and nicest concierges we have ever met. They made us feel so at home and they know their city. The entire front desk and door staff honored my birthday with a lovely card and treats. The whole staff is awesome and the Sable Bar, in the hotel is a must. The bartenders and staff there were so friendly and caring. We felt like we had made many new wonderful friends by the time our week was up. I couldn't recommend this hotel more.

Judy B
Bellingham, WA

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GMPalChi, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear JudyBellingham_WA:

Thank you so much for recommending our hotel and for calling out our great concierges Bobby and Mark. We appreciate all of your feedback.

See you soon.