“I felt like the best part of my trip started when I checked into my hotel.”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago
Ranked #13 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
“I felt like the best part of my trip started when I checked into my hotel.”
Reviewed May 24, 2011

I checked in the week of the National food and beverage convention that took over most hotels. Having said that I never felt more like a friend than another quest in a busy hotel. From the kindness of the frontdesk staff to the expertise of Mark the MVP Concierge; I felt they wanted to help and they new how to do so with ease. Mark's recommendations were spot on and smart. He also coordinated my fedex box and the architecture tour that was awesome! Joe from the hotel restaurant Sable seemed to be there every time I was to welcome me in and share some of his recommendations for drinks of the awesome food. Im not sure Kimpton knows just how much of a Pro his really is. What a great guy.The bar and the dinning room were both beautiful and made me feel cooler than I am. I met Heather the Executive Chef who was spot on when she said the chorizo enchiladas were the best. The pool looked great but we never took a dip in it. We did check out the beautiful view on the 17th floor terrace over white wine that we acquired from the wine reception served by the Hotel's management. Long story short..I was blown away from everyone's kindness, the look of my spacious room and I could not beat the location. I cannot wait to come back.

• Stayed May 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (625)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 23, 2011

I'm a big Kimpton fan (inner circle member but wasn't during this stay) - but I sometimes find their Palomar line a little lacking in the service department - they are always gorgeous but I think they tend to be a little snootier than other Kimptons.

Found the Chicago Palomar a lovely exception! There was a nice email a few days in advance, I emailed back and mentioned I'd get in too late for wine hour, and there was a full bottle of wine waiting for me in my room! (way too much for my one night stay but I did my best!) I tried to eat in the restaurant, but it was packed, but they let you order room service right off the menu, so that worked out great. The front desk personnel were lovely. The pool and gym are nice too. I have stayed at 2 other Kimptons in Chicago, and this was the nicest - still need to try the Monaco!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2011

We went to Chicago for a birthday celebration. While all plans were based around our dinner we were greeted by such friendly and pleasant staff. The rooms were great and there was even a nice birthday note from the staff along with a bottle of wine. Our experience here certainly added to the celebration.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank Rmarbut
GMPalChi, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago, responded to this review, May 23, 2011
Dear Rmarbut:

Thank you so much for your review. We are so pleased you had a good time staying with us and that our staff made it an even more special experience for the birthday celebration.

We hope to see you again soon.

Warm regards,

Nabil Moubayed
GM - Palomar Chicago
Framingham, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 9, 2011

This newer hotel just a few blocks from the Miracle Mile has a lot to offer. We had a deluxe king room and it was spacious and well-appointed, down to the tiger and zebra print robes. The bed was quite comfortable and the bathroom was what you would expect of a hotel at this level, although there was nothing particularly special about it.

We noticed right away that the hotel was aiming for a younger, hipper clientele although we saw many other guests in our age group (baby boomers). The decor in the rooms, including the massive sliding bathroom door, the robes, the modern art on the hallway walls and the illuminated room numbers, to note just a few, were a clear attempt by the hotel to set itself apart from its competitors.

We enjoyed the wine tastings, the complimentary morning coffee and afternoon jelly beans. Despite our not being the apparent target audience, we felt quite comfortable and would consider this hotel for our next Chicago visit.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank rube1950
Dear rube1950:

We really appreciate your review of our recently opened hotel. We are very happy that you had a great experience with us.

I also wanted to make sure it was noted that we target all demograophics and not just a younger, hipper clientele. As you mentioned you saw many baby boomers that were staying with us. Our aim is to provide an exceptional comfortable stay for all of our guests and we hope that we have inspired you to come back and enjoy another visit to the Palomar Chicago. Thank you for staying with us.

Warmly,

Nabil Moubayed
GM - Palomar Chicago
Reviewed May 4, 2011

Very trendy place and enjoyable. Little more than I would like to spend, we weren't in the room most of the time but when we were it was great. Amazing trip from start to finish great staff, amenities, and service. I would recommend!

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dagreat1sp
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed May 3, 2011

We mentioned that we were celebrating our anniversary when making the reservation and were congratulated when checking in. We went walking around (check out Jazz Record Mart) and when we came back, we had champagne and chocolate strawberries waiting for us in the room. Nice touch. Kimpton has become our hotel chain of choice.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Stayed at Palomar for Easter break with 2 daughters and had a brilliant experience from start to finish. Professional and friendly helpful staff, excellent room, perfect location. The wine rec eption was a nice feature at the end of an active day. A special acknowledgement to Mark the Concierge for excellent advice on everything from sites to shopping to dining.

IF I were to make any suggestion: the breakfast menu is not exciting -- but we like croissants and fruit and yoghurt so no real need for a suggestion actually.

This is the place to stay when visiting Chicago!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family