$182
$137
Savings alert! 50% below average rates

The price you found is 50% lower than this hotel's average rate of $272/night.

Hyatt Regency McCormick Place(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$222
$164
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $241/night.

$132
$106
Savings alert! 53% below average rates

The price you found is 53% lower than this hotel's average rate of $224/night.

Hilton Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$178
$157
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $236/night.

Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$183
$162
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of $248/night.

Chicago South Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$169
$98
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $149/night.

$220
$199
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $241/night.

Kinzie Hotel(Chicago)
$160
$139
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of $214/night.

$229
$161
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $231/night.

$229
$214
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $310/night.

2,928 results
All reviewswine hoursable restaurantwine receptionanimal print robescomplimentary wineyoga matrooftop terracefloor to ceiling windowsfront desk staffnorth areaone bedroom suiteindoor pooltop floorthe rivercorner roomstate streetmini bar
Reviewed April 19, 2011

I will preface this review by saying that I am super high maintenence in terms of cleanliness and such and I was super nervous travelling with all the talk about bed bugs. So I did some heavy duty research online for hotels in Chicago prior to booking this and by the sounds of everything I read this was my best option. Well Hotel Palomar did not disappoint. This was truly my best travel experience thus far; and I have travelled quite a bit. First, I had called the night before to say that we were travelling for my sister and my cousin's 40th birthday and to see if we could possibly get an upgrade. Upon our arrival we were greeted by Colin whom helped us out of our cab; he was awesome, super friendly and helpful. Then at the front desk we met Jessica whom was equally as friendly. Although an upgrade wasn't available we were welcomed in our room with a birtdhay note and a bottle of wine for the girls to celebrate. This was an upexpected touch that made a huge difference. The room itself was small but comfortable and very, very clean. We had an amazing view being that we were in a corner room and the corner was floor to ceiling window. The wine reception daily was amazing. The pizza was the best I have ever had which gave me cravings for pizza the entire weekend. Our last day there we decided that we wanted to do something special like go to the hockey game and so we were introduced to Charles, the hotel concierge. He was amazing and was able to get us 4 seats together for a Playoff hockey game at an amazing price. When we were leaving the next morning we had been give a personalized note from Colin that was very sweet. There isn't a single thing that I could complain about, the hotel was amazing and I will now look for Kimpton's no matter where I am travelling too. I just hope that they can live up to the standard that Hotel Palomar set. Thank you all for the hospitality and we hope to come back soon!!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
GMPalChi, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2011

Dear DutchessSam:

Thanks for such a great review and for calling out all the employees who helped make your time with us a special one. We appreciate guests like you and hope to see you back in Chicago soon. Maybe for the 41st birthday celebrations!!

Take care,

Nabil Moubayed
GM - Palomar CHicago

Reviewed April 18, 2011

The rooms were outstanding and the hotel was elegant. Subway access was right on the corner and lots of shopping near by. Everything was within walking distance. The bar and restaurant seemed like it would have been great only the hostess took 20 minutes to even look up to ask us if we wanted to wait for a table. Other than that, great hotel in a great location. Try to find a discounted room otherwise it's a little pricey.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LucyEths
Reviewed April 14, 2011

This was my first stay at a Kimpton branded hotel and I have to admit that I am totally and fully impressed.
Pros:
The Palomar is trendy, but not trendy to the point where any comfort is sacrificed.
The service is fantastic and the staff is friendly. They gave us early check in and the hotel manager personally emailed me the day before my arrival asking if I needed anything special. I thought that was pretty cool.
Every night they have free wine tasting with thin crust pizza. A great touch.
The workout facility was top notch.
The room was very clean and the carpet plush. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was very nice with granite upscale touches you'd expect in a luxury hotel along with Kohler faucets.
Free internet for Kimpton members (free membership)
$10 worth of mini-bar credit.
Turn down service in the evening.
Subway station is around the corner (very convenient)
Cons
Not a lot of cons, but perhaps the rooms aren't enormous in size. I guess I shouldn't expect that from a downtown Chicago hotel.
No microwave or mini-fridge. Again, not many luxury hotels have these, as they expect you will be not be bringing home leftovers.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank msefidan
Reviewed April 12, 2011

I got the winter package, park and play with King Spa Premier Room. I wanted to try the Jitsu sitting spa for the first time and it was absolutely wonderful. My wife thought it was the best spa she had ever been in too. It was like having your personal hottub in the privacy of your room. We had candlelight wine spa nights everynight and it was soooo romantic! Our room was huge too and had a large sitting area with desk and sofa. The bed was comfortable too. The happy hour wine every night at 5PM was a special treat also. I have never seen that ammenity before anywhere. The bellmen and front desk were also so nice too. I ended up getting sick on check out day and they let me stay the afternoon to rest up since I had an evening flight out. That was a very nice gesture!

Room Tip: Get the Spa Premier Room! Get a package deal!
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 11, 2011

For the past several weeks I have been planning my proposal in Chicago. I wanted everything to be perfect including our place of stay for the 4 night trip. Hotel Palomar ended up being amazing and in fact played a central role to our weekend. Upon arrival we enjoyed a short walk to all that Mag Mile has to offer. Upon our return to the Palomar I coaxed her into exploring the hotel. After ushering her to 17th floor patio I surprised her by popping the question while taking in the beautiful views. The hotel staff was “in” on the plan and made everything perfect. They upgraded our room, sent us a bottle of champagne and seemed to take a special interest in our stay. We enjoyed the wine reception in the “living-room” and shared our exciting news with other guests as well as the always smiling staff. The room was clean, comfortable, (the in-room jetted tub was great!) and the staff was always on point. The location couldn’t have been better. It served as a great central base with short walks to Millennium Park, the Navy Pier, all of the shopping/dining on State, Rush, Michigan Ave and more. The pool was a little cold for her, but the views were fantastic. This Hotel will continue to serve as a special spot (for all of the reasons above) for us for years to come.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business