“Neighborhood gem in Lincoln Square”
Review of LM Le Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
LM Le Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Had a wonderful dinner there this week! I was surprised at how small the restaurant
was; one capable waiter took care of the whole restaurant! There were three of us,
and we all different dishes to get an overview, and no one was disappointed. The
scallops were absolutely bursting with flavor, my veal tenderloin was delicious. The apple tartin was out of this world, and enough for three of to share. They have a full
bar (I believe) but you can bring your own wine for a $15.00 corkage fee. BUT on Tuesdays there is no corkage fee, which is a real perk. We all were impressed with
our waiter, who was very nice, and very helpful. Nice decor, table settings, colors.
Will be going back there soon!

Reviewed March 10, 2012

Whenever I feel like a trip to Paris, I can always visit LM Le restaurant and feel like I have visited France. The food at this restaurant is very well prepared and I have had many meals and all was perfect. When they began in business, they used to be open for brunch, but they are no longer open for brunch now (at least according to their current hours). when they were, it was fabulous. However, they are a wonderful traditional restaurant and their menu is worth exploring. They sometimes have special event pricing like fixed price dinners and you may want to check their website for those offerings. Honestly, this is one of those places where the chef may try something and you will want to go along for the ride and just enjoy it. truly a gem in the Lincoln Square neighborhood of Chicago.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

My husband and I have eaten at LM many times, especially before concerts at the Old Town School of Folk Music. The restaurant is owned by a couple with years of experience and their personal touch is evident throughout. Stephan, who hails from Normandy, and his staff offer delicious, modern takes on French dishes. There is always a 3-course menu offering, which is a deal. Wine list isn't huge, but offers something for every taste.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

Thank you,Groupon,for highlighting this 'downtown-quality' French restaurant on the north side. The superb service along with the fantastic menu made for a memorable evening. A delicious twist on escargot, tempura-style was followed by medallions of fresh scallops and for dessert, chocolate creme brûlée and a cappuccino....

Reviewed December 6, 2011

I can't speak for the regular menu, but we tried the "three course" tasting menu Saturday. I've had tasting menus in restaurants many times, but this one was so small, that we felt we had not eaten dinner. It consisted of a starter of what was about two spoonfuls of mouse, followed by a rather fishy tasting .5 ounce piece of salmon and concluding with a .5 piece of beef tenderloin for $45 a person. We both felt we had not really had dinner. Based on the other reviews, I might try the resttaurant again, but I certainly would not get the tasting menu again. It almost seemed as if joke had been played on us by the kitchen! Worst value I've ever had in any restaurant.