“Villa D'Citta is the must stay place in Chicago!”
Review of Villa D'Citta

Villa D'Citta
Ranked #2 of 22 Chicago B&B and Inns
Fort Worth, Texas
“Villa D'Citta is the must stay place in Chicago!”
Reviewed January 14, 2011

At first glance you are walking into one of the most spectacular buildings in Chicago. The experience continues as you tour the old world style grace that the Villa D'Citta has to offer. Personally I travel all around the United States and have stayed in some of the nicest places that the city has to offer. Villa D'Citta is by far the most luxurious and comfortable out of them all. My room was excellent and even down to the "little things" decor, pillows, lighting, everything at Villa D'Citta is what I would call perfect. I have already referred my business associates to stay at Villa D'Citta for any trip either personal or professional to the Chicago area. I want to thank all of those at Villa D' Citta for a wonderful stay and you will with out question be seeing me again soon.

Jamie Brandel
President
The MOA Group

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 11, 2011

So I love Chicago and went with a friend there to celebrate my 40th. I trolled for a long time to figure out where to stay and finally found the Villa D Citta. The prices were a little steep, but we factored in eating breakfast and at least one other meal there.The food works great: stocked fridge with full kitchen. We stayed in the Florencia room which is a large bedroom with 2 Q beds. Everything was great except for my buddy was a big-time snorer...The hot tub was nice and I didn't even think about the entertainment room (which is awesome) until the last day. Ralph was the only staff member that I was in contact with, and he was nice and helpful. I hope to stay at the Villa again on my next trip with the wife. Cheers!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed January 10, 2011

We have stayed twice since our daughter started at DePaul this fall. It's a perfect location and venue. The home has been totally renovated....top notch. The rooms are nicely appointed, with great beds and high end linens, towels and robes.
My favorite is the wonderful common areas to relax. You have the gourmet kitchen totally stocked with fresh ingredients and juices next to hearth room with large fireplace and flat screen TV. The tough decision is what to make for breakfast or snack! The courtyard in rear is perfect for sipping coffee or wine. There is a large roof deck with hot tub to relax after a long day of shopping. Located in Lincoln Park with numerous excellent restaurants and great shopping within walking distance.
The best is to be able to walk our daughter back to her dorm after dinner. Randy and Martha make you feel like long time friends and make sure your stay is perfect. We look forward to our next weekend in Lincoln Park at Villa D' Citta.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
culver, IN
Reviewed January 10, 2011

My future wife and i stayed here on the night i asked her to marry me and i could not have chosen a better place. It was the finest place either of us had ever been to, and exceeded our expectations immensely. It is beautiful and the staff (Ralph) is extremely inviting and welcoming. The room was huge! the bathroom had nine shower heads and there was an outdoor jacuzzi, beautiful italian decor beyond description, and a reasonable price that was actually lower than any big five star hotel in downtown chicago. Once you stay here you will be disappointed with those big hotels every time.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 10, 2011

The home is amazing, cozy, welcoming and has been remodeled in the best of taste. The staff is friendly and welcoming.The kitchen and all the food that is available for breakfast and snacks really makes you feel like you're at your favorite Aunt's home, and she knows company is coming and what you want.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed January 10, 2011

Spent a week at the villa with my mom and sister. It was really comfortable, clean, just what you would expect from a very good quality bed and breakfast. It exceeded my expectations.

The villa is not difficult to access. There are a buses, trains that come pretty close to where the villa is. For the record, cabs are not too expensive compared to Sydney, Australia...so that's an option too.

There are cafe's and restaurants close by, the Lincoln park zoo is close by.

Service was great.

If you were to ask me if unwound recommend people to stay at the villa, I would say, for sure! If you asked my mom and sister, I bet you they would say the same!

• Stayed June 2010
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed January 9, 2011

For an actual review of the property, I only have my parents' raves after their stay there last October. I purchased a night's stay for their anniversary, (they live in the Chicago suburbs and don't get downtown often) and I must say- I have to have been one of the more annoying people they have had to deal with via phone. I called several times to ensure that everything would be taken care of- from parking to the quality of their room and the amenities they would have access to. "Accommodating" would be a gross understatement as to how my repeated inquiries were handled. They went above and beyond in answering all of my questions and assuring me that they would do everything in their power to make my parents' stay a memorable one. Just to illustrate how far they went: as my parents rarely drive downtown, I was worried about their finding the parking facility. My father called me laughing after their arrival and informed me that "a gentleman on crutches was standing outside waving madly at us to ensure we would see the turn". They had a fantastic time and loved the hotel. Thank you Ralph and everyone at Villa D' Citta for putting up with me and making my parent's anniversary a wonderful one.

Stayed October 2010