Villa D'Citta
$282
  • Restaurant
Chicago South Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$217
$179
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$643
$675
$550
The Peninsula
  • Pool
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$299
BestWestern.com
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$260
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$361
$351
Warwick Allerton-Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$375
Orbitz.com
  • Room Service
All reviewslincoln parktuscan suiteeuro roomhot tubfresh baked cookiesbed and breakfastdepaul universitybreakfast pizzawell stocked kitchenthe inn keeperhome away from homehalsted streetheated floorsprivate bathroomgas fireplacebreakfast was amazingsmall elevator
Reviewed January 9, 2011

For an actual review of the property, I only have my parents' raves after their stay there last October. I purchased a night's stay for their anniversary, (they live in the Chicago suburbs and don't get downtown often) and I must say- I have to have been one of the more annoying people they have had to deal with via phone. I called several times to ensure that everything would be taken care of- from parking to the quality of their room and the amenities they would have access to. "Accommodating" would be a gross understatement as to how my repeated inquiries were handled. They went above and beyond in answering all of my questions and assuring me that they would do everything in their power to make my parents' stay a memorable one. Just to illustrate how far they went: as my parents rarely drive downtown, I was worried about their finding the parking facility. My father called me laughing after their arrival and informed me that "a gentleman on crutches was standing outside waving madly at us to ensure we would see the turn". They had a fantastic time and loved the hotel. Thank you Ralph and everyone at Villa D' Citta for putting up with me and making my parent's anniversary a wonderful one.

Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed January 9, 2011

We highly recommend the Villa for a special stay in the City. Our stay was 2 nights and we were there to visit family. The owner immediately made us feel welcomed. He is extremely knowledgeable about the City and encouraged us to make ourselves at home. Stocked refrigerator and open kitchen were very helpful when we needed a light snack. Unfortunately we didn't have time to actually cook anything, but it was available. We had access to the owner's cell phone number in case we needed it at any time. He is a great host and we felt like old friends by the time we left. We stayed in the Milan Suite and it is absolutely beautiful and spacious. The bed is very comfortable with luxurious bedding. Bathroom is very modern with lots of room and double sinks. We love the location near the Lakeshore and designated parking is available down the street. Stay at the Villa for a luxurious stay in an immaculate 'residence.' We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2010

I was going to Chicago for a night, as my fiancee had business to do the next day. I went to a website, and searched for the hotels nearest to where she needed to be. I happened across Villa D' Citta, and it looked gorgeous! The price was in line with a Holiday Inn or a HoJo, so I immediately booked a room. When I arrived, I was greeted by Ralph, who instantly made us feel at home. He told us of all the local hot spots in the area, and he upgraded our room for free!

The house is fantastic, and there wasn't a single expense spared. Our bedroom had a gas fireplace that turned on with a switch, and a plasma TV hanging above it. The beds were so comfortable that just looking at them made me tired. I ventured down to the kitchen for a midnight snack, and the refrigerator was fully stocked with all sorts of goodies. I woke up in the morning soaking in all of the beautiful sunshine that the many windows and skylights in our room provided. The bathroom and shower facilities were immaculate as well.

There is NO reason to not spend your money on a place that not only offers you a place to lay your head, but also offers you an experience. I am never staying at another place when visiting Chicago! I promise you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2010

My few days stay at Villa D'Citta was amazing! Ralph, the owner and innkeeper was so hospitable. The rooms are so romantic and made it that we did not want to get out of bed. The rest of the Villa also made it that we did not want to check-out. Came into town for a show, but will definitely need to find another excuse soon to come back and stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2010

We found Villa d Citta on bed and breakfast.com. We are so glad we did! The house is amazing from the exterior and proves to exceed expectations once you step in the door. My wife and I booked the Euro suite and were pleasantly surprised when we were upgraded to the Milan. The room was beautiful and bed so comfortable. The fireplace is a nice touch and the bathroom spectacular. Look forward to another stay!

• Stayed: November 2010