Villa D'Citta
$275
$242
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$199
$324
Agoda.com
$149
  • Fitness center
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$159
$144
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$279
$195
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$416
Hotelpower.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsb blincoln parktuscan suiteeuro roomhot tubfresh baked cookiesbed and breakfastdepaul universitybreakfast pizzawell stocked kitchenthe inn keeperhome away from homehalsted streetheated floorsprivate bathroomgas fireplacebreakfast was amazing
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 30, 2014

The gang of three from Texas left 75 degree weather and came to Chicago (29 degrees) for the ACHE Congress (healthcare national meeting) being held at one of the large downtown hotels. Our reservation at Villa D' Citta (bed & breakfast) was a total mystery for two of us. Our colleague would not share anything about where we were going to spend the next 5 days.

Well it was the biggest and best surprise ever. Imagine, not having to stay at the big hotel with the other 1000 people. You come home to a beautiful villa with warm fireplaces, red wine and comfort surroundings. No facility can succeed with great people. Cathy, the Accommodations Director, made breakfast every morning and assisted her guests with professionalism and genuine kindness.

Can't wait to come back to Villa D' Citta.

Room Tip: Grand Tuscan suite has windows to the street (nice view) and the Milano suite provides a wonderful contemporary flair.
1  Thank Terry C
PineappleCathy, General Manager at Villa D'Citta, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Thank you for your wonderful comments. More and more people are commenting to us that they would.much rather stay with us than a hotel--that home away from home feeling whether you are in Chicago for work or pleasure.

Thank you also for your kind comments regarding the breakfasts that were served here during your stay, and for how I love to interact with guests. It was a pleasure to meet all of you, and I look forward to your staying with us again next year (if not sooner) when your annual conference is in town.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

My husband surprised me by taking me away for a weekend at this lovely B&B in Lincoln Park, Chicago. Cathy was extremely nice and attended to anything we needed. The kitchen was loaded and available for guests to use at any time. We made paninis and bruschetta and thoroughly enjoyed the unique breakfasts each morning that Cathy prepared. The rooms were beautiful and comfortable - loved the fireplace, The location is close to everything in Lincoln Park- shopping, restaurants and Steppenwolf Theater. We will definitely return!

1  Thank Robin F

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us at Villa D' Citta. The Villa is a terrific venue for a vacation, business trip, or occasion, and I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed celebrating your special 25th Anniversary with us at the Villa.

People do enjoy spending time in our kitchen whether it is to make a panini sandwich or to chat with other guests staying at our B&B. Also glad to hear that you enjoyed our daily breakfast offerings.

It was great to meet both of you, and I look forward to your staying with us again in the future!

Kind regards, Cathy

Reviewed March 14, 2014

My wife and I wanted to stay close to a friends house....Being that it wasn't downtown Chicago we didn't expect to find much....Boy were we wrong!.....We could not believe that not only did we find such a Warm, Friendly Bed and Breakfast; we found an Inn that in the future we prefer to stay at rather than the fine hotels in Downtown Chicago....Cathy, the manager was amazing; she makes you feel at home even before you get there (call her she is great)....LIda at the front desk will do anything for you....The suites are wonderful , clean and spacious and yes romantic......Stephanie in the "kitchen you wished you had at home",will make you breakfast or makes you feel at home to do it yourself and just take what you want...Lastly, the fresh Home Bbaked Cookies are Fantastic!!!....If you just want to Get Away From it All this is a Fantastic Place to Stay!

Room Tip: Try the GRAND TUSCAN SUITE....Oversized, terrific Multi- Head Shower and dramatic large Whirlpool Tub...Great canopy bed....You will sleep like a baby!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
PineappleCathy, General Manager at Villa D'Citta, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Thank you for your kind comments. It is heartwarming to hear that you consider the Villa to be a great find, and yes, the Lincoln Park area has so much to offer: the zoo, great museums, and restaurants---yet we are only minutes away from downtown!

Thank you for your kind comments about our staff--we aim to please, and our goal is to make your stay pleasurable and memorable.

Kind regards.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Beyond belief ,cathy took care of me like a roman god ,and you feel like your in another world ,the attention to detail is amazing ,the owner even loaned me a few of his shirts for a meeting ,and called cathy to make a special pizza for breakfast .the roman feel and unique décor is unbelievable .The number one choice in the world . If I had a dream house this would be the one .The Lincoln park area is unforgettable .With in walking a few blocks you can enjoy real Chicago pubs .The staff make you feel at home and welcome 5 Stars

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

I am so glad that you so enjoyed staying in our Caesar's Lair. With the room containing a bust of Augustus Caesar, maps and pictures of old Rome, it is easy to get that "ol roman feel." That being said, I am so glad that our service made you feel like a "roman god".

We look forward to your staying with us again soon!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

This was unquestionably the best bed and breakfast experience I have ever had. I have traveled extensively throughout the united states for years and this was one of the best experiences I have ever had. My stay was unplanned and chose Villa D'Citta for the location. However, the accommodations extremely comfortable. The atmosphere is very relaxed and it is a place to enjoy without feeling you need to go anywhere to enjoy yourself. However, Cathy and the staff are what truly make this stay remarkable. The food and open kitchen were better than any B&B I have experienced. In addition, it seems that along with breakfast there are always fresh baked cookies, along with a stocked refrigerator and food at any time for our convenience. When our stay was over my wife had us stay one extra day just because she liked the Villa D'Citta so much. There is no better testament to how good this place is than that. I recommend my friends and family to stay here anytime they are in Chicago for work or pleasure. The rooms are incredible. The place is very clean. It is a definite recommendation.

Room Tip: Book early especially if you are planning for a spring, summer or fall stay.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind comments. We love all of our guests, but it is always special to have our neighbors stay with us while they are renovating or having repairs done in their home. That you wanted to stay longer is high praise indeed!

Thank you in advance for referring the Villa to your friends that will be coming to Chicago.

See you around the neighborhood!