Villa D'Citta
$275
$242
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$199
$324
Agoda.com
$149
  • Fitness center
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$159
$144
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$279
$195
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$416
Hotelpower.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsb blincoln parktuscan suiteeuro roomhot tubfresh baked cookiesbed and breakfastdepaul universitybreakfast pizzawell stocked kitchenthe inn keeperhome away from homehalsted streetheated floorsprivate bathroomgas fireplacebreakfast was amazing
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 24, 2014

It was like home away from home. I only stayed there for a night with my boyfriend and Everything was perfect! The Venetian suite was amazing!!! Especially the hot tub! Even in the cold it's still worth it. and Cathy was such a sweet host and cooked an amazing bed in breakfast for us. I highly recommend staying there!

• Stayed: January 2014
PineappleCathy, General Manager at Villa D'Citta, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind comments. It is wonderful to meet guests from all over the world, but it is a treat when we have folks in the Chicagoland area stay with us as a special "staycation".

I am so happy that you also enjoyed our new breakfast-in-bed service, and I look forward to your staying with us again.

Kind regards, Cathy

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Warm and inviting B&B, perfect for a romantic retreat! My husband and I spent a snowy January evening here to celebrate our 4 year anniversary. The décor in our room, the "Milan" suite was lush and decadent! We enjoyed a glass of champagne by the fireside, and then relaxed in the rooftop spa as the snow fell. This B&B is situated in the quaint area of Lincoln Park, we enjoyed all of the dining and shopping opportunities. We would recommend this B&B to couples looking for a romantic weekend!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
PineappleCathy, General Manager at Villa D'Citta, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Thanks for your kind comments and I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Even in the winter Chicago has so much to offer and our outdoor hot tub is a treat all year round.

Thank you also for stating that the Villa provides romantic ambiance. We think so as well, but te Villa is also a great venue for simply weekend getaways or business travelers.

We hope that you come and see us again soon. Kind regards, Cathy

Reviewed January 19, 2014

We spent a cold snowy get-away weekend at the Villa D'Citta. The Villa was warm and welcoming. Kathy is a fantastic host; doing everything possible to make our stay comfortable and everything we hoped it would be. I loved reading a book in front of the fire watching the snow fall outside.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your comments. On a cold winter night I too agree that reading a book by the window in our living room is a wonderful way to wile away a afternoon or evening.

Thank you also for your kind words on my hosting. I truly love meeting all our guests and doing all I can to make sure that their stay with us is a pleasant and memorable one.

Kind regards, Cathy

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Wow! What a gorgeous space! My boyfriend surprised me for our anniversary with a stay here. This was my first experience with a B&B and what a delight! The design is so elegant and rich, but somehow done without any pretentiousness -it just welcomes you in and surrounds you with comfort. I'll never forget my stay at this beautiful three story mansion in Lincoln Park.
My only wish is that we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank your for your kind words I love when someone surprises the other person staying with them as both people are typically equally excited--the one that was surprised and the one that gave the surprise.

It's always nice to hear that people wish their stay with us had been longer. Come back and see us again soon! Kind regards, Cathy

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Villa D'Citta has been placed among the “Top 10 US Bed and Breakfast Inns” by an affinity site, so if the B&B experience is an important part of your trip you may well treasure the place. The manager/hostess was gregarious and styles the place as homey, e.g. our guest experience began with a tour of the kitchen – well stocked with home-made nibbles and good-for-you drinks - to prepare us lest a sudden case of thirst or munchies threatened our well-being. Some or all the rooms are themed, and considerable effort has been taken with decoration and appointment. It’s all rather striking if a bit busy.

We on the other hand consider B&Bs to be small family-run basic hotels and look for a comfortable bed, functional bathroom, enough in-room space and necessities, and some peace and quiet before awarding stars for themed rooms and a welcoming kitchen. Villa D'Citta disappointed us.

We had booked this visit just the evening before, using our favorite on-line booking service. It warned that Villa D'Citta might charge the first two nights immediately and in any case those nights were non-refundable, so we were more than a bit disappointed to learn on arrival that the (now full) Villa had double-booked our room and our competitors had beat us to the threshold. (As well as the corollary, that booking.com's real-time availability isn't 100% dependable).

The Villa did have a back-up plan - a 'friend of the owner' was staying in a basement party room that could be used as a bedroom; did we want to evict him? They could have the room made up in an hour or so....

We thought it incredible that Villa D'Citta asked the question - had they really expected/hoped that we'd no-show a prepaid, no-refund room? - so I wasn't the most pleasant wanna-be guest. But moving would also have taken an hour or so, so we bought the plan.

In the event, we found the Villa as a hotel (in the basement party room at least) to be a weak three-star. A Murphy bed had been opened and made up for us and was comfortable for sleeping, but lacked amenities like lighting and a nightstand. In the corner by the door there was an open rod with hangers, but no place for clothes or luggage, nor a work desk.

And the bathroom was down the hall; by definition it wasn't shared, but nothing prevented a lost soul from coming downstairs to use it, so we couldn't leave our toiletries or wander around in anything less than ‘public’ attire. And early next morning we discovered that hard floors and well-heeled guests seeking refreshment put a finish to our hope for a restful morning.

On the meager plus side, the hostess was always pleasant, the wifi worked well, and we could have thrown a party for at least a dozen guests.

Room Tip: The room reviewed is the only one we saw; If you're going because it's a lauded B&B or there's nothing else available in Chicago, I suggest having a nice conversation with the hostess/manager regarding room selection.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank poorjohn

As I always want to make sure that guests have a wonderful stay with us, I am sorry that you did not find your stay with us to be a top notch experience as that is our goal with every guest. I did leave a phone message for you to discuss your comments, but as of yet, I have not heard back from you.

I do not feel that you had the true Villa experience. As an example, you did not enjoy the weekend bountiful breakfasts of pecan blueberry French toast and/or an asparagus potato cheese casserole with fruit cobbler. I would therefore cordially invite you to return to the Villa when you next visit Chicago. and experience all that the Villa has to offer.

Thank you for commenting on my gregarious nature. I truly enjoy meeting all of our guests, and doing all I can to make sure that their stay is pleasurable. Kind regards, Cathy