“Fabulous Stay at Villa D'Citta!”
Review of Villa D'Citta

and 1 more site!
Villa D'Citta
Ranked #3 of 22 Chicago B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The only tiny problem with staying at Villa D'Citta in the winter in Chicago is that you may never want to leave! The Grand Tuscan Suite with its cozy fireplace, huge marble bathtub in the bathroom and luscious, huge bed made it very difficult to brave the snowy weather. We have stayed in many B & B's all over the country and this is truly one of the best. The fact that they offer not only breakfast, but snacks and full meals (paninis and pizza) is truly a plus. Our hostess, Cathy, was wonderful in every way. You can check out a more detailed review about our visit on our blog here: http://www.wanderlustwonder.com/2013/04/08/fabulous-luxury-at-villa-dcitta-in-chicago/

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful but, for a truly luxurious stay, check out the Grand Tuscan Suite.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 2, 2013

From my initial contact with Cathy, to our arrival - and throughout our stay - my wife and I could tell that Villa d'Citta was a very high calibre boutique B&B indeed. We travel to the States and Canada a fair amount, and always choose this type of accomodation; make no mistake Villa D'Citta is one of the best. Our room was beautiful and spacious, with stylish attention to detail. Equally, the shared spaces and kitchen were relaxing and elegant - the fresh baked cookies were a nice touch ;). The location was perfect for us too - a few blocks from Oz Park and Lincoln Park Zoo, lovely spots for an exploring run around the city. And the L train gets you downtown and to the Loop in no time. Would highly recommend this pretty and well maintained residence - in a safe and fashionable neighbourhood. Well done Cathy.

Room Tip: I'd recommend the Milan Suite. On the road, but it's a quiet neuighbourhood. The faux log fi...
1  Thank Rob D
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stay at a lot of B&Bs and inns, and this one is among the very best. The environment inside is amazing - whoever did the interior design work deserves an A+! The amenities are great - fresh baked cookies, fresh fruit, paninis and pizzas, etc. The Grand Tuscan suite is amazing - simply amazing. The bathroom has heated floors and the absolute best shower. The breakfast was delicious - a great egg dish, oatmeal and fantastic baked French toast. Cathy, the innkeeper, was a consummate host. This place is definitely deserving of any accolades it has received. I WILL be back! And it's only a 2-block walk from the Fullerton stop on the red and brown lines.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
PineappleCathy, Manager at Villa D'Citta, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

While it is always nice to hear positive comments from our guests, it is especially pleasing to receive praise from folks like yourself that are well travelled and extremely familiar with Bed and Breakfast inns.

It was lovely to meet you, and your colleagues that stayed with us. The Villa is definitely a great place to have a corporate retreat or business meeting.

I look forward to your staying with us again soon. Thanks again, Cathy

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed in the venetian suite. It was so beautiful and well decorated, in addition to luxurious and comfortable. We slept good and the place is only 2 blocks from the purple, brown and red line. Peaceful yet close to everything. Our room had an amazing walk in shower and direct access to the hot tub on the deck (for all guests). In fact, we ran out in the cold to enjoy the hot tub in the middle of night and it was marvelous.
The best feature of this boutique b&b was the elegance yet warmth of the house and the staff! We were welcomed to a beautiful kitchen which we could use whenever. Water, drinks and food were at our disposal and even could make fresh waffles!
I can't stop raving about this place. I feels homey and luxurious at the same time.

1  Thank Donna S
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I are law students and opportunities to get away are few and far between so we wanted to make sure this weekend trip to Chicago was a good one. We were in town for a concert and found Villa D'Citta randomly on Trip Advisor. I've never had a better stay. Anywhere. Ever. For just slightly more than the typical Best Western or Holiday Inn we had a completely perfect weekend away. Cathy, the inn keeper, could not have been sweeter, more helpful, or more welcoming. She is also an incredible cook, breakfast was amazing. It was perfectly situated in Lincoln Park, surrounded by amazing restaurants and bars. I can't imagine ever staying anywhere else in Chicago, ever again, and I can't wait to get back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
PineappleCathy, Manager at Villa D'Citta, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was so nice to have you stay with us this past weekend, and I look forward to your return visits. As you indicated, the Villa is so ideally located near some of Lincoln Park's best restaurants and shops, while also being around the corner from public transportation (Chicago's EL) to get you downtown in minutes!

I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed breakfast. You've inspired me to try to come up with more creative dishes in the future. Thanks again, Cathy

Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I have stayed in many B&Bs over the years all over the country. Nothing comes close to this one. The room was gorgeous. The linens made me feel like I was being pampered beyond belief. The food was delicious. The staff was warm and helpful and my only regret was that I could not stay longer. But I will be back!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Diane S
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I am recommending this beautiful bed & breakfast to everyone! I rented the whole house for my family to stay for my daughters wedding! It was absolutely beautiful to say the least! The owner and staff was so helpful & friendly. The kitchen was amazing & the food was delicious. We all enjoyed our stay there so much! There was 17 of us that stayed @ Villa D' Citta and we all agreed this was better than any 5 star hotel we have ever stayed at. This was our 1st time to stay in a bed & breakfast and we just loved it! We hope to stay with them again soon! We cant thank them enough for making my daughters wedding so very special!
Sincerely, Laurie