New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #2 of 24 Chicago B&B and Inns
San Juan P.R.
“Another great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

I want to personally thank Cathy for helping my brother with his stay at the villa. Having the elevator for a wheelchair really made it convenient for him to get around. He really enjoyed his stay. Thanks again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Bellevue
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I met up with my sister and brother in law for a fun weekend get away. Villa d' Citta was the perfect place. The rooms were very nice, with great decor but also very comfy. The location in Lincoln Park was perfect. Cathy was fantastic to work with. She was friendly, helpful, had great follow through and was just an overall pleasure. She was fantastic! We will be back. Joli & Jeff

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PineappleCathy, Manager at Villa D'Citta, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
It was a pleasure to meet you and you sister as well as your two spouses. It is always great when folks choose the Villa to have their family reunions. I enjoyed recommending restaurants and places for you to see. You certainly explored a lot of Chicago! Thank you for your kind words. I look forward to your spending time at the Villa with us again in the future. Thanks again, Cathy.
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

I've stayed at Villa Citta twice so far. I come to Chicago for business every few months and was looking for a B&B near

DePaul since my daughter is now a freshman. Besides the basics that you'd expect (Clean, Clean, Clean!, great locations,

courteous staff), here's what my experience has been like:

- Incredible architectural make over that feels like you are staying in someone house with incredible taste.
- The staff (Cathy and Emily) are amazing and go out of their way to make you feel at home. They were so generous in

having my daughter over to visit.
- A kitchen that is available to guests that would put a professional chef at ease (Wolf and SubZero). Fully stocked frig

with sandwich and panini fixings, hot dogs, waffles and "make your own pizza"
- Cool Home Theater Entertainment area.
- Luxury suite with a bathroom / Shower that needs to be seen to be believed.
- Relaxing grotto in the back to sip wine and talk.
- Awesome hot tub! .... popular with my college daughter!

In short, I'm a HUGE Fan. If you are in the area, once you stay there you'll be a regular!

Room Tip: Grand Tuscan Suite - Amazing Bathroom! Venetian Suite - Private walk to the Hot Tub! Cesar's L...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jkrider
Rocky River, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled on this little hidden gem when taking a walk around the DePaul University neighborhood. We walked in and we were greeted by a very lovely Inn Keeper; Emily who was so sweet and so gracious. She gave us a little history on the property and a tour. We loved it from that moment on. With that being said this has been our 3rd visit to the Villa, they have added more staff and we have had the pleasure of meeting Cathy who is as pleasant and kind. The accommodations are lovely, comfy beds and relaxing atmosphere. Thank you for always making our stay so enjoyable!

Ivette and Joe
Rocky River, Ohio

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank MrsImmormino
PineappleCathy, Manager at Villa D'Citta, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review. We always love meeting parents and grandparents of DePaul students when they come to visit their children. It is always nice to see you return. Keep sharing your great suggestions---we value the feedback from our guests and have taken action on your recommendations. We look forward to your next visit--thanks again. Cathy
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

From the moment you walk in the front door of the Villa, you feel like you're home. The staff is incredibly welcoming, the decor is beautiful, the rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable, the kitchen is large and fully equipped, and there's usually freshly baked banana bread or chocolate chip cookies (sometimes both!) waiting on the counter. This local Depaul/Lincoln Park restored mansion is the perfect place for a romantic getaway, a family reunion, or a business traveler looking for an alternative to a Chicago hotel. Can't say enough about the staff ~ special shout out to Emily and Cathy! You're the best! We can't wait to come back! Oh wait....we have been back! Stopped in to say hello ~ and left with a piece of banana bread!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank stacey p
PineappleCathy, Manager at Villa D'Citta, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words about your stay with us at the Villa. We love meeting guests from all over the world, but it is also special when we meet folks like yourselves that live in the area. Whether it is when one is remodeling their home and they need a place to stay (as in your situation), or whether one just needs a staycation or weekend getaway from the Chicago suburbs, we will do all we can to make sure that people enjoy their time with us.

You two were a joy to meet, and I look forward to your stopping by to visit us again soon. Banana nut bread and cookies are always here waiting for you! Cathy
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

Talk about Clean, this place is spotless!! I have stayed twice and I just love staying there. I can't wait for Summer so I can enjoy the outdoor area and Jacuzzi and area shopping.
What was really nice was bringing a bottle of wine, sitting in the living space off the kitchen watching TV and catching up with an old friend!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Fountain Hills, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

I stayed in "Capone's Cantina" it was perfect. I came in for a business trip on Monday afternoon. I checked in around dinner time. I was able to walk 2 blocks and had a great meal, then I went back to my room and watched Monday Night Football on the big screen. In the morning before work I enjoyed a great breakfast at the Villa then checked out. I will be staying there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business