“A WOW experience”

Ranked #2 of 22 Chicago B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“A WOW experience”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

My fiance and I stayed in the Venetian Suite and might I say what a wonderful room this was. It had wonderful decor and lovely scent! The room was spacious, bed so comfortable, and just overall a very elegant room. The location also was just fantastic. It was in the center of everything; restaurants, bars, and shops everywhere. The hot tub in back was just what we needed after a long day/ evening of walking around. Then for our evening shower everything was provided; towels, robes, and a AMAZING shower! Lets just say, I'll definitely be revisiting. I speak behave of my fiance as well.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Somewhere, NJ
Reviewed November 9, 2011

We stayed here one night for a little mid-week getaway. It was great to find such a lovely place within walking distance of our destination - the restaurant Alinea. We could only stay for one night so it was great to find a place where we could stay for a single night. We stayed in the Venetian suite and were delighted at the quality of the room. It was clean and very romantic. The staff was great, helping us get a taxi to the airport and showing us how to navigate our way to Shedd Aquarium. We loved being able to make snacks from the food in the kitchen and even made ourselves waffles the morning of our departure. It was definitely a splurge for us, but absolutely worth it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed November 9, 2011

My partner and I celebrate our anniversary on December 30. With the date so close to New Year Eve, it's difficult for us to truly get away for a mini vacation. With that, I began looking at B&Bs in the Lincoln Park area so that we could indulge in a staycation. I found Villa d'Citta and decided to give it a try. We stayed in the largest room offered, and our expectations were completely exceeded. The room was incredibly cozy as it is equipped with dark woods and a large, luxurious bed in front of a fireplace. We happened to stay on a night that it snowed, so we watched the snow through the balcony windows as we were warmed by the fire at the bed's foot. The bathroom is the envy of any world-class hotel. There is a huge walk-in steam/sauna shower, heated tile floors, enormous jacuzzi, and beautiful amenities throughout the space.

For dinner, we prepared a nice meal of lobster tail, pasta and more in the villa's shared kitchen. Every utensil we could possibly need was readily available for our use, and the remarkably friendly staff refused to let us clean up after our preparations. After dining in our room, we returned our dishes to the kitchen where we were instructed to leave them for the staff to clean.

The villa is incredibly inviting and the staff goes above and beyond to make you feel at home. However, the amenities and grandeur of the villa are not rivaled by any home in which I stayed.

I recommend the villa for anyone. But, be forewarned that you won't want to leave!

Room Tip: Go for the largest suite. It is definitely worth the few extra dollars!
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Browerville, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I was in Chicago traveling on business and found this place. WHAT A FIND!! I WILL NEVER STAY ANYWHERE ELSE AGAIN!! Pictures nor words can describe the beauty of the decor as it is elegant, yet very warm and inviting!! The rooms are beautiful, large, very clean and the beds are extremely comfortable. I suggest booking a room with a fireplace (very relaxing when curling up watching tv)! Towels and bathrobes are provided in each room, and the shower is amazing!! Customer service is top notch and Ralph was very accomodating which made my travel easy. The kitchen is open 24 hours and is well stocked with breakfast foods, sandwhich items, snacks and beverages that is all included in the price of your stay (no hidden upcharge costs)!!! Located in a safe neigborhood of Lincoln Park's trendy art/theatre area; shopping/restaurants are all within walking distance and only a $10 cab ride to downtown Chicago's Magnificant mile (but, if you are like me will have a hard time leaving the comforts of this B & B)!!.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
scottsdaleazmom
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We stayed at the Villa to plan my sisters wedding. She is having her wedding at the Villa next year! The place is beautiful with that Tuscan feeling. The rooms are all gorgeous and not to mention well kept by the housekeeper Martha. She makes these delicious potatoes for breakfast, along with a variety of other choices. We're all very excited for the wedding. I think my sister chose the perfect place to have her wedding! Not to mention we are all from out of town so she will be having the whole place to herself for the wedding party. There are plenty of local restaurants and shops within walking distance for guests to enjoy Lincoln Park. Would recommend this place highly.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank scottsdaazlemom
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 7, 2011

This was the most comfortable and relaxing stay i have ever had while traveling for business in Chicago. This will be my first choice of any hotel in the chicagoland area for any return visit. The staff was amazing in there choices of food and shopping for the area and the hotel itself was one of the most BEAUTIFUL places i have ever stayed.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed October 26, 2011

My fiance and I stayed at Villa d'Citta for 3 nights with my family. Everything was BEAUTIFUL! Martha is an amazing housekeeper and such a sweetheart! Not to mention she makes amazing breakfast! My fiance and I are planning on getting married next year in September at The Villa and Ralph has been amazing on helping us with planning the wedding, He is truly a man of all trades!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family