“Home away from home”

and 1 more site!
Villa D'Citta
Ranked #3 of 22 Chicago B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 25, 2011

This B&B is conveniently located in an action packed part of Lincoln Park. Perfect for suburbanites like us. Ralph the proprietor helped us get acclimated to area and his home. The ambience is incredibly soulful. Martha made our children feel so welcome. The 24 access to the gourmet kitchen is awesome. My husband enjoyed all the Itailan meats and cheeses that were readily available. Located in close proximately to great restaurants shopping and Depaul University. We used public transportation to get to the Zoo, Wrigley Field and the theatre.
Villa d'Citta has moved to the top spot for our family when looking spend time in Chicago

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed June 23, 2011

This is a bed & breakfast well above most you'll find. Everything about it was clean, comfortable, convenient and first rate. If you want to be in Lincoln Park, this is a very good choice. Our son and his wife live two blocks away and it was so easy to leave our car parked for the visit. We took a suite with a large bathroom and bedroom which were well appointed and quiet. The walk-in shower was huge with a heated mirror and sink so you could shave immediately after or during your shower. If you are high maintenance and require a lot of service, this may not be for you. On the other hand, if you like to come and go and be left alone, it works very well.

Room Tip: Call early and ask
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2011

What a great place to stay in a big city. We were there for 6 nights and had the priviledge to stay in 3 diffferent rooms. The first room was the Venetian, smaller but nice access to the rooftop and hottub. The next two nights in the awesome Tuscan Suite. Huge room with an over the top bath suite. Loved the steam shower! The last night in the Milan Suite, another surperbly decorated room. All the beds were great-no aching back complaints all week!
The ability to fix your own meals with the delicious food provided was so fun, especially in the utterly devine gourmet kitchen --- something that I will now always compare other B&B's to--and they will all come up short of the Villa D Citta!
The location couldn't be better. I rode the subway every day to the convention ctr and it was so easy and accessable from the villa. Lincoln Park is a wonderful part of the city--the restaurants are the best, the zoo (free no less) , shops/ boutiques, and nightlife are all within walking distance. But if you need a cab, Ralph has it waiting for you! He has knowledge of all the hot spots including the best blues bar, best cupcakes, and even the best florists :) (just in case you need a bouquet or two for that special person)
We have stayed in many B&B's/Inns around the world and this is the best . You do feel like family and its all due to Ralph's hospitality. Thanks again Ralph and of course Martha--who keeps it all so neat and spotless.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 6, 2011

This place is authentic and most pleasant! My wonderful hubby brought us here for my birthday!
We thorougly enjoyed our stay here--Ralph gave us such very good tips, too! We'd have rated it a 5 had we stayed in the larger room, but our late-date reservation made it so we'll do that next time!
The kitchen was stocked with fresh fruit, organic oats, great (real) bread, gourmet coffee, eggs, cheese, and more! We really enjoyed interacting with the other guests there, too.
We recommend this place for all the above, as well as its proximity to great restaurants, lakeshore, zoo, etc.
We look forward to returning!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2011

I spent a night to just get away and relax. I was greeted by Ralph, whom could not have
been any nicer! My room was Heaven! I felt like I was at home, I had the keys to the building.
The Kitchen was there for me to grab a snack, to make a meal if I choose to. I walked to blocks down to Cafe Ba Ba Reba for some Tapas instead. I must admit I did raid the fridge at midnight for some ham and cheese. I can not wait to go back when it is warmer, to go back with some friends, and hang out on the patio, and maybe grill some steaks.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed May 22, 2011

Wow- we just ended our long weekend at Villa d'Citta. It was fabulous, I don't think that there is a single thing that they can improve on. Well stocked kitchen, hot tub, parking, etc. We were pleasantly surprised at the setting, as we didn't expect there to be so many restaurants and stores within walking distance. This was our first trip to Chicago and won't be our last. This house is just amazing!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2011

I don't even know where to start...Villa d'Citta was absolutely WONDERFUL!!! My stay was for a girls weekend "staycation" in the city. To say we enjoyed ourselves immensely is an understatement. We booked the entire 4th floor; each room was immaculately clean and decorated beautifully (we even took home a few ideas). The beds are simply heavenly! The kitchen is every woman's dream and well stocked for breakfast and snacks throughout the day. We enjoyed our surroundings so much that we didn't leave the building our ENTIRE stay!! :) From the time we walked in the door Ralph catered to our every need!, Not only suggesting restaurant choices, but even placing the orders for delivery. We were all so impressed and outdone by our stay that we can't wait to go back in the summer to enjoy the beautiful grotto and we each booked a stay for our wedding anniversaries before we left! I have the privilege of being the first to return this weekend for my wedding anniversary!!! Can't wait for my husband to experience Villa d'Citta!!! This is definitely one of Chicago's hidden gems! Ralph and Villa d'Citta are top notch and first class!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends