“Delicious and authentic”
Review of Mercadito

Mercadito
Reserve with OpenTable
Mercadito is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #260 of 9,717 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Cross street: Kinzie between N Clark and N La Salle
Transit: Merchandise Mart stops Purple and Brown Line and 156 Bus LaSalle.
Reviewed January 3, 2014

My husband and I ate here in the summer (2013) and were very pleased with the food!! The flavours were great and the portions were generous. Our waiter was very helpful in recommending food and drinks. Would certainly return!

There are newer reviews for Mercadito

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We are always exploring new dining options in the River North area. Mercadito serves a Sunday brunch, so we thought we'd try it. We were impressed with the food and the service. They have a special where you can order three entrees for a fixed price, so we went that route because we wanted to try different things. This option is a great value. Definitely going back to Mercadito next time in Chicago. Service was outstanding.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

During the Christmas holidays our family ate at the Mercadito on Kenzie in Chicago...we had early reservations but if you plan later than 6 pm, I'd reserve a table a few days in advance especially if on the weekend...the quantity of food served was not excessive but the quality was very good...and the price was moderate for Chicago's River North area...our waiter was quite attentive and knowledgeable about menu questions...my son and daughter had the taco combination and really enjoyed the shrimp...I had a more complete meal with rice and black beans...margaritas were quite good also...this probably is not a restaurant I would describe as Mexican fine dining but definitely one I would return to on occasion

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Great tapas and margaritas. Popular spot. Very crowded on a Fri night but our group of five was accommodated nicely.Will definitely go again next time I'm in Chi-Town.

Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

We tried this restaurant out thanks to a recommendation from a friend. It was not another Mexican restaurant... it was so much more. All the food had an interesting twist. I had carne tacos with a smoky margarita. Delicious! Next time we are in Chicago for a getaway..this is one place we will again visit!