“Overpriced tacos; stuffy, snobby clientele; PLUS A TIME LIMIT? Never going back again”
Review of Mercadito

Mercadito
Reserve with OpenTable
Mercadito is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #260 of 9,717 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Cross street: Kinzie between N Clark and N La Salle
Transit: Merchandise Mart stops Purple and Brown Line and 156 Bus LaSalle.
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The tacos are very good. They just put them on fancy dishes, but they're not worth 15 dollars for four! The restaurant decor is nice, but they play top 40 music at a mexican restaurant. The place was fully of snobby people and women that just got plastic surgery. Worst of all, if you have reservations, for example, at 5:30, they tell you you have to leave at 7:30. I don't think I'll be going back there.

There are newer reviews for Mercadito

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We recently visited Mercadito on a Sunday night. We have been to this restaurant many times and always like it. We ordered a trio of guacamoles- the elote, the mango, and the poblano. Each were tasty and served with chips. Next we ordered two salsas- the chipotle and the tomatillo. These were actually disappointed. They were too sweet, pureed, and runny. The tacos were delicious, especially the mahi mahi and the carne. The wait support staff routinely cleared our dirty plates and brought fresh ones without us asking. I really like this restaurant but find it a bit pricey.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I've been to Mercadito numerous times and this was by far my least favorite experience. The food was outstanding, as always, so no complaints there. We went on a Tuesday night and the music was so loud we could barely hear each other. I eventually lost my voice because I had to practically yell throughout the meal. The server was aggressively pushing us from the moment we sat down to the moment we left. It got so ridiculous with the number of times he came to the table that we finally just told him to order whatever he wanted for us. Despite the fact that I love their food, this is likely the last time I go to this restaurant.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

My 2 kids, husband and I arrived early, and were seated in the front corner, in what felt like a bar area. As the restaurant filled up, our area remained empty. We couldn't help but feel like second class tourist citizens despite the drinks, appetizer and dinnesr we ordered.
The small plates were, well, let's just say they are aptly named, and very expensive. The only saving grace of the meal were the corn masa quesadillas, which were absolutely delicious.
I had been looking forward to trying this restaurant for quite some time, and it couldn't have been more of a disappointment.

1  Thank MamaGab
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Very good food. Great service. Lobster and shrimp tacos were outstanding. Drinks were tasty, but not at all strong...that's my only complaint. Very solid, good atmosphere, unique and very tasty food. It was a bit pricey, so don't go there looking for a deal. But I would say it's worth it for special occasions.