“Quality Food, Fair Prices”
Review of Gemini

Gemini
Reserve with OpenTable
Gemini is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #608 of 9,810 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
Cross street: Dickens/Cleveland
Transit: #11 Lincoln/Sedgwick Bus stops right in front of the restaurant at Lincoln and Cleveland. 15 min walk from the Red line Fullerton stop. 10 minute walk from the Brown line Sedgwick stop.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Had a nice family dinner here to celebrate a graduation. All nine enjoyed their food with a special shout out to the short rib ravioli. Unusual but tasty. Service was good, food attractive, and great bottle of wine for a price one seldom sees in Chicago. We'll look for a chance to return.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Our group of 8 had dinner reservations on a Friday night at Gemini Bistro. Thank God we did, because the place was packed. We did have to wait a bit for our table, even with the reservation, because the group in our spot was in no rush to leave. And after our dinner there, I can see why they wanted to stay. I must say, though, that there really is no space for a larger group like ours to wait. We were butt to table in the small area near the door, and I'm sure the folks eating at those tables could have been easily annoyed.

We were seated towards the back of the restaurant, and were quickly waited on by our wonderful server. Super helpful, explained the dishes, etc. The menu is structured based on plate size, so you have small, medium, or large options. They do offer a gluten-free menu and also extra-small (kids menu).

We started off with the truffle-parmesan fries, and they were delicious. I think we all would have been satisfied with just eating those. So yummy! Great dipping sauce to go with. Everyone pretty much ordered a different dish, and there were zero complaints. I had a steak special, and the meat was so tender and flavorful. Plus, my steak came with an order of truffle-parmesan fries... The short rib ravioli was another favorite among the table. Like I said, no complaints, and no leftovers. Needless to say, no room for dessert. That will be for next time.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

How often does that happen? From a perfect dirty martini to vegetarian option to fish the way my husband perfers it prepared - all served with a smile in our tight time frame before a show. I have just made reservations to return a week later and can't wait to share the spot with another set of friends.

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We tried this place because we were seeing a show at the nearby Remy Bumppo theater. Seated promptly at our requested booth. Nice if very small menu. We ordered the short rib ravioli as a starter ("medium plate") to share. Very tasty and delicate ravioli but, at only four pieces, not really sized to share (despite what our waiter said). Speaking of the waiter, he forgot our bottle of wine but comped our dessert as a result. My wife had the pork chop (which she enjoyed). I had the burger. Good sized, nicely prepared. My only complaint was the bun - too much bread. "Upgraded" to the Parmesan truffle fries. Tasty. Good wine lost with a number of moderately priced options. We shared the apple crisp dessert which was especially good. Theater website says you can park at this place through dinner and the show for $10, but when I asked, the restaurant comped the parking. A nice choice in the heart of Lincoln Park.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have a friend who gauges French restaurants by the quality of the Caesar salad and the onion soup. Both are excellent here but don't stop in that area of the menu! The crab cakes are so good we sent the waiter back for another order. The beet salad was excellent as was the roasted salmon. In fact, nothing has been disappointing in this restaurant. Weekends you would be well served to make a reservation.