“They also do a Blues Brothers Tour!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Chicago Film Tour
Ranked #71 of 167 Tours in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a ride on the Chicago Film Tour! Our tour takes riders through 30 miles of Chicago film locations. Our passengers will first see scenes from their favorite movies and then we’ll take them to the locations that made them famous. Passengers will also learn about Chicago’s vast film history and learn fun facts they can share with their friends. You’re sure to see something you’ve never seen before on our tour!
Detroit, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“They also do a Blues Brothers Tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

I first took the Blues Brothers tour that Chicago Film Tours offers and then I went back and took the regular film tour because I had so much fun! I hadn't even seen the Blues Brothers movie when I took this tour but the tour guide gives so many facts and tibits and combined with the appropriately timed video clips, I felt like I didn't miss a beat. The tour guide Pat was fantastic and enthusiastic, decked out in his Blues Brothers style hat and sunglasses.

I highly recommend taking both tours!

Visited June 2012
4 Thank Amy H

Findlay, Ohio, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Learned a lot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

The Chicago film tour is the only one like it in Chicago. It was entertaining, interesting, and a great experience. We had the 12:30 tour and the bus meets right close to Rock and Roll McDonalds and they allow you to bring food and drinks onto the bus. Our tour lasted about 2 hours probably because of traffic but that wasn't really an issue because our tour guide always seem to have extra clips or commentary for the high traffic spots. Jessica was very knowledgable and passionate about film which made the experience very authentic. She always included little blurbs about the plot line, characters, or additional filiming facts which made it interesting even if you had never heard of the movie. I would say this tour is great for a movie buff or a non movie buff because they have filmed a lot of movies in Chicago! We did cover A LOT of the city which was great, if you are looking for a tour of the city and neighborhood facts, this is not it, so don't be dissapointed for the wrong reasons. However, if you are slightly familiar with the Chicago landscapes you will be able to identify where you are on the tour by looking out the window. Great tour, I would reccommend it to all my friends!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Kimberly Z
Chicago, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“It was interesting, but probably best for someone older or a movie buff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

I got 1/2 off this tour from a Groupon, so figured it would be worth trying out, and I can say it was. For $30 (regular price) you get a 2 hour tour around Chicago in an older bus to see areas that were included in films. There is a knowledgeable guide along with video that is played on LCD monitors about the scene that is being toured.

The biggest problem for me, and no fault to the tour, is most of the more famous movies are from the 60's, 70's, and 80's...and being 28, I hadn't seen most of them.

But on another note, it is a nice way to get to see many areas of Chicago, even if you are not super into the movies.

Visited November 2011
4 Thank Jason_chi
Chicago, Illinois
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great for Film buffs!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

For those who are film buffs this is a great tour. The bus ride was nice and our tour guide was very friendly. Live in Chicago and never knew about the history of film in Chicago. Got to see a different side of Chicago.

Visited October 2011
Duluth, Minnesota
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Even Farris would enjoy this on his Day Off!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

Everyone know Farris Bueller explored Chicago on his day off, but I bet you didn't know that there were 80 + more that were filmed there. I learned so much from this tour and since we did it on our first full day in the city we were able to go back to some of the places we wanted to see. Patrick the tour guide is a wealth of knowledge and we go information on movies going all the way back to the beginning of the film industry. This is a great way to see the city and learn some movie history and trivia along the way. A few great old Theaters are on the tour too, The Riviera with its interesting history, the Uptown Theatre, used in Backdraft, Home Alone 2 & I Love Trouble and the Biograph Theater John Dillinger was shot in 1934 and used in 2009 in Public Enemies. Pretty soon the tour will include filming locations for Superman; Man of Steel too since they were filming while we were there, we got to see taxis in front of Union Station when the bus went by, that was a fun discovery! John, the owner was a pleasure to deal with over the phone booking the reservations and the driver was amazing in some of the narrow areas of town that we went through. If you are a movie buff at all this is the tour for you to check out!

Visited September 2011