“Luxury at its finest.”

Waldorf Astoria Chicago
Ranked #13 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I cannot say enough about this hotel in Chicago. Everything was perfect and beyond my expections. My stay was business related and brought my spouse along to enjoy the luxury experience and it to was beyond her expections. From the lounging area to the outside balcony, this 900 plus sq ft suite was outstanding. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Frank N
WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear Frank N,

Thank you so much for sharing your review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your suite and that the experience for you and your wife was beyond your expectations. Thank you for recommending our hotel. We highly value your patronage and loyalty and will look forward to serving you again should your travels bring you back our way either on business or pleasure.

Richard R. Evanich

Write a ReviewReviews (2,468)

Reviewed July 12, 2014

The venue is exquisite, the staff is beyond helpful, the location is perfect, and the staff does not accept tips. We thought we had died and gone to heaven. There is no reason to stay anywhere else. The room was spacious, the beds were comfortable and the bathroom was huge with a TV in the mirror.

2  Thank Helen T
WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear Helen T,

Thank you so much for choosing the Waldorf Astoria Chicago as your hotel of stay for you and your family during your last visit to Chicago. It gives me great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your suite and that you found the hotel’s location convenient. Thank you for your kind comments pertaining to our service team. It is rewarding to read that you found the team consistently helpful throughout your visit. Thank you for recommending our hotel. We highly appreciate your patronage and loyalty. We will look forward to welcoming you and your family back, hopefully in the not distant future.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

We recently stayed at the Waldorf Astoria in Chicago with some friends that were visiting from Europe. It was their first time in Chicago and we really wanted to select an upscale hotel with a great location. The Waldorf did NOT disappoint! The hotel design is modern and just beautiful! The location is perfect, you are just a short walk off Michigan Ave. There were some great features we didn't even know about until our stay. First, the hotel has a 'no tipping' policy which means it is their job to provide exceptional service- so they will not accept your tips. Next, they have a 'house car' & driver (which are mercedes) that will drop you off in the vicinity for no charge. We had a beautiful suite which was spacious enough for 4 people. The room had a bathroom and a half bath and there was enough privacy. We only stayed one night but checked in early on Thursday afternoon and left our car and bags with the hotel Friday all day b/c we were heading out at night but didn't need our car or want our bags with us during the day as we went around the city. They held all of our bags and our car in the valet and did not charge us for the additional day to be in valet although we surpassed 24 hrs. All of the staff was very helfpul and their service was exceptional. We did stop in the small hotel bar before heading out to dinner for a drink and it was very small and quaint- but perfect for a before dinner drink, or a nightcap when you get back to the hotel. I would definitely recommend staying here - you will not be disappointed! I can't wait to go back and check out the spa amenities b/c our quick stay didn't allow us enough time. All in all I was very pleased with everything at the Waldorf and wouldn't hesitiate to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank Heather M

Dear Heather M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your candid feedback of your most recent stay with your friends at the Waldorf Astoria Chicago on TripAdvisor. I am truly pleased to read that you enjoyed your suite and the overall hotel’s décor, and that you found the hotel’s location convenient. Thank you also for your kind remarks pertaining to our service staff. I have shared your positive comments with the entire team for I know they will find it equally rewarding to learn of your acknowledgment of their efforts to make your stay more pleasant. Thank you for recommending our hotel. Your loyalty is highly valued and appreciated. We will look forward to our next opportunity to serve you should your travels bring you back to Chicago.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

We loved our 2 night stay and the incredible service we received. Besides the beautiful room and thoughtful staff, the no tipping policy was such a wonderful surprise! We also enjoyed the complimentary house car with driver. Rreceived a delicious chocolate cupcake since we were celebrating a birthday! Highly recommend the Waldorf.

3  Thank Dale J
WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Dear Dale J,

Thank you so much for letting the Waldorf Astoria Chicago be part of your birthday celebration. It gives me great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your room and the various amenities the hotel offers, especially our house car service and the chocolate cupcake our pastry team baked to celebrate the special occasion. Thank you also for your positive comments pertaining to our no tipping policy. Our philosophy of service is to serve without any expectations of receiving anything in return, except our guests’ smiles and desire to visit with us again. Thank you for recommending the hotel. We will look forward to welcoming you and your family back should your travels bring you back our way.

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed 2 nights for our anniversary. The service was outstanding from arrival to departure. The elevator and hallway are narrow but the room was very spacious. I didn't stay in a suite but I would if I book again which would have had at least a view other than the adjacent buildings.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joshua P
WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Joshua P,

Thank you so much for choosing the Waldorf Astoria Chicago to celebrate your anniversary. I am delighted to read that the service provided by our team was efficient and enjoyable throughout your visit. I regret to read, however, that the view from your room was not enjoyable. I truly hope that you will consider giving us a second opportunity to serve you so that you can enjoy one of our suites in a higher floor with a more interesting view. We will look forward to welcoming you and your wife back, hopefully in the not far future.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I stayed here for two nights for the 4th of July weekend. I loved the location of the hotel, right in around N Michigan with fancy shops and great dining options. I was lucky to be a part of their pilot program where they offered breakfast at their Balsan restaurant for HHonors Elite members. The dining staff and food was excellent and I really enjoyed this amentity.

In addition the service from the staff was top notch, from the young lady who checked me in to the young man at the concierge who was super helpful. As you can tell I'm horrible with names/faces, but one I do remember was Wayne who worked at the front. He made us feel welcome at home from the second we stepped foot on the property to when we left. When we checked out, we mentioned to the staff we were going take the CTA transit and right after we left the front door, Wayne must of overheard somewhere ran after us and offered us the house car to take us to the stop. Granted, its a 4 min walk a few blocks down, but the other staff never mentioned this option to us during our departure. I was extremely impressed by his genuine care for all the hotel guests.

A few minuses. Internet was painfully slow, checking e-mails were okay but forget it if you want to stream anything, or in my case an emergency video conference call to work. Had to resort to 3G/4G on iphone instead. In addition, I was a bit disappointed at check in my room preferences were the opposite of what I hoped for. I know its not guaranteed, but ended up too close to the elevator, not a high floor, and received a view of a brick wall that did not get much light even during the day. I asked about this during check out as well, and was told that for my room type of 2 queen beds, this was this view was the only option they have! Based on this, I don't think I will be returning to this property for my next visit to Chicago next month, as I will be looking for a similar bed accomodation and for similar pricing, can secure a spectacular view of the city with Park Hyatt, Conrad etc where they are much more flexible for room views and preferences.

Overall, it was a very good stay, but not A+ due to the my poor room views and slow wifi. I would still recommend this property to everyone due to the great service, food, staff, and especially the location.

2  Thank Richard C
WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear Ronan HC,

Thank you so much for your review of your most recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am truly pleased to read that our service team graciously and efficiently assisted you throughout your stay. Thank you for your comments pertaining to Wayne's exceptional service. He is indeed a great asset to our team. I have shared your remarks with him and the entire team, for comments like yours inspire our continued efforts to create memorable stays for our guests. Thank you also for your feedback pertaining to our wireless connection. I have shared your concerns with our Director of IT. I apologize for the inconvenience this caused during your stay. With regard to the double queen room, unfortunately all of our Deluxe Rooms with Two Queen beds are indeed in the lower floors. Nevertheless, we do have a few Gold Coast Suites that have Two Queen beds as well that are in higher floors. I certainly hope you will give us a second opportunity to serve you. Perhaps you and your family can explore this second option on your next visit.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We made a one-night stay reservation for our two girls and us through the AMEX fine hotels and rewards program. The hotel amenities and service was amazing. We have stayed at this property numerous times and it just keeps getting better.

1  Thank Douglas V

Dear Douglas V,

Thank you so much for visiting us again at the Waldorf Astoria Chicago and for sharing your positive feedback of your last one night stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am truly pleased to read that you and your family enjoy the amenities the hotel has to offer and that our service provided did not disappoint. Your loyalty and patronage are highly valued and appreciated. We will look forward to our next opportunity to serve you and your family, hopefully in the not far future.