New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #7 of 185 Hotels in Chicago
Issaquah, Washington
“You have Arrived”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My favorite hotel in Chicago! I had planned a 50th Anniversary party for my parents at the Waldorf Astoria and they did not disappoint. It was the most Amazing party a night no one will ever forget. I had to make several trips into Chicago for the planning process and each and ever time the hotel staff remembered me by name. Very impressive! I loved that it did not feel like every other hotel. Check in extremely quick and then off to my very impressive room. Walked in and my jaw hit the floor. Beautiful suite with a amazing balcony overlooking downtown and also slices of Lake Michigan. One of the most Beautiful properties in the Chicago area and I had looked at several. I can't say enough about the hotel, the staff, the service exceptional all the way around. They treated everyone of my guests like royality. Even the ones who showed up with coolers at check in :). I can't say enough about this wonderful property do yourself a favor and check it out. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Lake Michigan! I was there in August and the Airshow was going on. I was able to...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Nancy M
WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Nancy M,

Thank you so much for choosing the Waldorf Astoria Chicago to celebrate such a special occasion for your parents. I am truly delighted to read that you enjoyed your suite, the view from your balcony and that our team was helpful and efficient throughout the planning process of your special visit and your entire stay. Thank you for your very kind words pertaining to our staff. I have shared your comments with the entire team for I know they will find equally rewarding to learn of your acknowledgement of their efforts to make our guests’ visits more memorable. Thank you again to you and your family for celebrating this special anniversary of your parents with us. We will look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.

Richard R. Evanich

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Korean first
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

As soon as I pulled up I knew I was in the right place. The door men and women were stellar and were extremely kind. Once I arrived inside, I was led to the front desk and was quickly waited on. The young lady who helped me was in training and she done a wonderful job. I wondered what perks I would have as a Hilton Diamonds member, and the discovery that I didn't get much, was a bit if a disappointment for such an expensive hotel room. My room was very nice and extremely quiet. The workout facility was nice and I was overjoyed that I was the only one in there, so it made for a really nice workout. The only two downfalls were: 1. My cell phone got zero reception, which made me a little nervous as I don't like being without the ability to use my cell phone and receive calls. 2. My shower head was clogged, so I could not get a very small and thin outpouring of water. Luckily, I had a few extra minutes, so I took a bath instead. I am not sure I would go back, but it was definitely a nice experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank MissToraT
WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Miss ToraT,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback of your most recent visit to the Waldorf Astoria Chicago. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your suite and the various amenities the hotel has to offer, especially our Elysian Spa & Health Club. On the other hand, I regret to read about the inconveniences you experienced during stay, especially with regard to the bad cell phone reception and the clogged shower head in your bathroom. I have brought your concerns to the attention of our Director of Engineering and our Director of IT for internal review. I sincerely hope that you will reconsider visiting with us again in the near future. We will look forward to our next opportunity to properly serve you.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

The Chicago Waldorf Astoria is an amazing hotel. It is by far the top of the line for a Hilton property. This hotel is reasonably priced for the quality of the facility. I've traveled extensively and thus far is the best hotel I've ever visited.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Drew F,

Thank you for choosing the Waldorf Astoria Chicago during your most recent visit to the Windy City and for the review of your stay. I am thrilled to read that you found our hotel one of the best ones in the Midwest. I will certainly share your kind comments with the entire team for comments like yours inspire our continued pursuit of excellence in everything we do. We will look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the not far future.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

This hotel was a wonderful getaway for us. We had wanted to visit Chicago again for several years and the team at this hotel made it all so special. I contacted the concierge before our trip and he was so very helpful from that point forward. Everyone at the concierge desk wanted to hear how our day had gone and how they could help with more plans. The rooms were luxurious--bathrooms are a dream. Room service brought a coffee maker to our room and refilled our fresh ground coffee everyday. Only negative was the room did not have a view at all--we were facing old buildings very close to us. We just kept the drapes closed. We were there 4 days and loved it. Location was so close to the Magnificent Mile and many great restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the old vacant building next door
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear TXFoodie75230,

Thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback of your most recent visit to the Waldorf Astoria Chicago. I am truly pleased to read that you found comfort in your suite and that you enjoyed the various amenities the hotel has to offer, especially our Concierge services and our In Room Dining. Thank you for your positive remarks with regard to our service team. I am delighted to learn that the team was able to make this special visit a little more memorable. I regret to learn, however, that the view from your suite was not enjoyable. I hope you will consider visiting with us again in the near future so you can enjoy a better view from a suite in a higher level. We will look forward to welcoming you and your travel companion back soon.

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The Chicago Waldorf was a distressed property when it was purchased. That didn't make it bad, It just was a smart move to pick up a super-lux property that was finished during the Great Recession. One gets a sense of the property by just entering the driveway. The staff calmly wait your needs with a big "how are you today" look on their face. Once inside the guest will see a building that is new and appointed beautifully. The rooms were as expected with wonderful beds and pillows. I did not eat there because there are too many fine restaurants and cages in just 2 blocks. I will go back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Pixelpanderer
WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Pixelpanderer,

Thank you for your review of your most recent visit to the Waldorf Astoria Chicago. I am delighted to read that you enjoy the hotel‘s décor and that you found comfort in your suite. Thank you for your positive comments with regard to our service team. I am pleased to read that our team was able to make you feel welcome and provided you with a warm yet efficient service. We are thrilled to read that you will be visiting with us again in the future. We will look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.

San Ramon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The staff at the hotel provided excellent service. This hotel is not cheap, but when you compare the price to other comparable hotels in the area, it's actually not bad. We did feel that cellphone/wifi reception at the hotel (both in the room and in lobby area) was very spotty (although free).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

1 Thank Alfred P
Dear Alfred P,

Thank you for sharing your feedback of your most recent stay at the Waldorf Astoria Chicago. It gives me great pleasure to read that our service team assisted you in an efficient and professional manner. I regret to read, however,that you had problems with your cell phone and wireless reception. I have shared your concerns with our Director of IT. I truly apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. We value and appreciate your patronage and will look forward to serving you again should your travels bring you back our way.

Jindabyne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for 5 nights and I must say it lived up to all my expectations and then some. I had reviewed this hotel before my visit and all the reviews were spot on. I was away for 7 weeks and all the properties I'd stayed at this was the best. It deserves it's 5 stars. From the moment I arrived it was first class all the way. Not often do you experience such a warm welcome, friendly and helpful staff. They couldn't do enough for me and as I was travelling on my own this support was very important and made my stay so much more enjoyable. What can I say about the suite I was lucky to be allocated as it was excellent in the amenities and ambience. I was very comfortable and any problems I had were swiftly seen to. The weather had turned cold and wet while I was there so the fire place was very welcome. I would highly recommend this property to other travellers and hope to return for another visit.

Room Tip: A high floor is a must to take advantage of the Chicago skyline.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Lynn872
WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Lynn872,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your most recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am truly pleased to read that our team made you feel welcome and were able to efficiently assist you during your five night stay; I am also pleased to learn that you enjoyed your suite and its various amenities, especially its fireplace. Thank you so much for recommending our hotel. Your loyalty is highly valued and appreciated. We will look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.