“great breakfast”

State and Lake Chicago Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
State and Lake Chicago Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #284 of 9,675 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Transit: Red Line: State and Lake Brown/Purple/Green/Orange Line: State and Lake Blue Line: Clark and Lake
Description: Led by award-winning Executive Chef Nathan Sears, sleek contemporary gastropub State and Lake Chicago Tavern combines the flare of artisanal American cuisine with the warm, welcoming vibe of a neighborhood pub. Named after the iconic intersection in the heart of the city, State and Lake Chicago Tavern serves up new twists on bistro fare, with an emphasis on featuring the finest locally sourced and wholesome ingredients.
New York, New York
“great breakfast”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

service can be uneven, one day I had fantastic service, the next it was abysmal. Change of staff?
the pancakes are terrific.

Visited March 2013

• Korean first
Brielle, New Jersey
“Just what I was Looking for!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

During my Feb 2013 visit to Chicago, I was looking for a breakfast place and so wanted a Bloody Mary. Looking on line, I found that just a short walk from Inn of Chicago, State and Lake offered breakfast.

While I've walked past State and Lake before, this was my first trip inside, and I found it cozy. There were just a couple of patrons that morning, I was greeted warmly, my server was friendly and attentive, and the hash and eggs hit the spot. The Bloody Mary? Both were perfect!

Thanks State and Lake...I look forward to my next visit.

• Visited February 2013
Chevy Chase, MD
“Great pub for drinks & food”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Ate lunch here on an extended business trip and really enjoyed the experience.

There is a great selection of local beers, good wine & drink choices for every season.

The food is better than I expected, with food being more than pub food, although that is the main thrust. I found the house made pickles great, some great dipping sauces for fries and helpful friendly staff to serve it up.

• Visited March 2013
Orem, Utah
“Best Hotel Breakfast!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is hands down the best breakfast place in a hotel that I have been too. It is not cheap, about $15 per person but that is pretty average for a sit down breakfast in Chicago. The hash is awesome!

Visited February 2013
Alexandria, Virginia
“Lovely Atmosphere”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed at the Wit during my trip to Chicago and popped in the restaurant for dinner. After reading the menu, I saw it was a bit pricey for my taste however the wine I had was great and decently priced. The ambiance is great as well.

• Visited February 2013