Tripadvisor

OR
Order Online
Ranked #1,673 of 11,107 Restaurants in Chicago
Neighborhood: West Side
Description: With a west coast meets West Loop vibe, our Chicago brewpub blends California cuisine with local flavors to create exceptional dishes for Fulton Market’s most discerning foodies. With exposed brick, a front area brewing system and a rooftop patio, it’s a casual-yet-lively space to enjoy some of our 40+ beers on tap—including a few Chicago exclusives.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We thoroughly enjoyed an afternoon of beer sampling in this delightful brewery tasting room! The service was friendly, patient and resourceful - the ambience and vibe was neighborly and kind - and the beers were sublime! Beyond my forever-favorite Sculpin IPA, I especially enjoyed this flight: (all barrel aged) High West Bourbon & Rye Barrel Aged Victory At Sea, Heaven Hills Rye Whiskey Aged Victory At Sea, Trade Street Blend #2.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (19)

Reviewed July 14, 2019 via mobile

Great selection in all the Ballast Point Beers. Nice place to get off the street, out of the heat or cold...or in our case...thunder storm. Food was ok for bar food. Guacamole needed seasoning..onions, peppers...some heat. Make sure to check out the upstairs outdoor patio.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed June 22, 2019 via mobile

In the competitive world of craft beer, Ballast is a great local choice. Friday early evening was jammed and lots of energy. There is plenty of seating, but it filled quickly. The beer selection is varied, but only a handful of each type. The quality was above average. Definitely will return.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed May 29, 2019 via mobile

Visited with my best friend, great environment, a lot of beer choices, unfortunately bartender, Nate, got attitude with me because another server had told me to write my own selections for a flight. Apparently that isn't proper protocol, which is fine, but discuss with her, don't complain and scold the customer. Meh, experience just okay. Too many other things around here to do to bother with this.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 28, 2019

We walked here from Goose Island Fulton, about 1.25 miles. Nice expanse of a bar, lots of selection, and even at 6 PM on a Friday - lots of room. Had a flight, considered getting food, and my wife went to bathroom and saw signs pointing to rooftop bar. Ah-mayzing. Ordered a couple more beers and chips and salsa up there and enjoyed the awesome experience. I'd go here very often if I was a resident. (Goose Island did have better beer though...)

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank PboroBill

Been to Ballast Point Chicago? Share your experiences!