“Some of the best cupcakes around”
Review of Phoebe's Cupcakes - CLOSED

Phoebe's Cupcakes
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Neighborhood: Lakeview
Description: Gourmet cupcakes, pastries, coffee and other beverages, with complimentary wifi.
Chicago
“Some of the best cupcakes around”
Reviewed January 28, 2011

I loved Phoebe's. I'd highly recommend the Salted Caramel and Pancake & Bacon flavors. Also, while they aren't known for their breakfast pastries, their cinnamon roll is the best cinnamon roll I've ever had.

Great place with delightful customer service - they actually seem to care about their customers.

• Visited January 2011

Berkeley
“One of the Three Best Cupcakes I've Ever Eaten”
Reviewed November 9, 2010

I actually went by Phoebe's twice during my stay in Chicago. The first time I tried the Salted Caramel cupcake and it was divine. But I was eying the Breakfast Cupcake w/the bacon criss-crossed on top. So I went by again, this time early in the day (breakfast, ya know?) and tried that one. OMG. The cupcake is made using the ingredients in buttermilk pancakes. There's a drizzle of maple syrup on the frosting and then the topping of bacon. It's decadent, but not cloyingly sweet and VERY delicious.

2 Thank lacerise