“Very nice, and tons of fun perks!”

Club Quarters Hotel, Wacker at Michigan
Ranked #68 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
Laporte, in
“Very nice, and tons of fun perks!”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

As I'm seeing looking at some other reviews, everyone seems to be in agreement of one thing: The rooms are pretty small. However, that's the only "negative" thing I could say about this hotel. Negative isn't even an appropriate word to use, since I loved the coziness. Space was very artfully conserved, and it didn't feel cramped in the least. Everything was clean and new looking, and I would much rather have a smaller room I feel comfortable in than a large room that feels trashy or cheap. I loved the adjustable shower, the bottled water dispenser, the great view from our room, the very friendly staff, and the fact that they were clearly more than willing to go above and beyond for any customer needs or whims. I kept finding things that added to the convenience and luxury of the stay, and there were a ton more benefits I'm sure I might have taken advantage of, had we stayed longer. I would definitely try to book a room here next time my fiance and I return to the city, it was a fantastic place to stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
new jersey
Reviewed November 4, 2013

After reading reviews and perusing the website, the hotel was exactly what I was expecting. The staff was very helpful and polite. The room was small but clean. The location was convenient to CTA and plenty of things to do.

The only negative about the experience was the restaurant. It was raining on Saturday and with a new born, we didn't want to walk to find something to eat. The waiter and other staff were very friendly/attentive but the food was mediocre at best. If i could do it over, I would have endured the weather and walked to Giodano's or Emerald Loop and gotten a much better meal.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We enjoyed our stay. The location is great and it is in walking distance from many shopping choices and restaurants. I read the reviews before my hotel booking, so I was not too surprised by the small room. The room is small but the good part is that it is quite clean. The air-conditioning is quiet. We were lucky to have a river-viewing room, which has a beautiful view.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SeanSL
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Hotel booking sites should come with personality quizzes to avoid mismatches. If you are a traveler who craves fluffy robes, big TVs, concierge, and luxury amenities--this is not for you. But if you value a fantastic location at the best possible price, with all the basics you need, you'll love it. Yes, the room was quite small, but it had big windows that counteracted any claustrophobia, a comfortable bed, good desk for working, free wireless, and excellent climate control. In addition, rather than having a traditional lobby, Club Quarters has a comfortable "living room," stocked with free snacks and drinks (varying by the time of day), plenty of lounge chairs, some tables for congregating, free use of computers and a printer. The hotel does not have its own restaurant, but there is a pretty good Italian restaurant on the ground floor, and just next store is a Corner Bakery for coffee, sandwiches, salads, and pastries. We were very happy with the four nights we stayed here and plan to come again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We moved to this hotel from the Hyatt just down the street after our conference ended. We liked Club Quarters much better. The bed was comfortable, the room clean with a view of the river. The room was small, however we didn't need more room than we had. Staff were very easy/capucino and snacks on the second floor, bottled water in the hallway, and we could just help ourselves. This hotel is situated at the south end of the magnificant mile, and the north end of State St. - best shopping around. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed at the Club Quarters for 3 nights last week. Great hotel - I will definitely be back. Used to stay at the Monaco, or the Sofitel when I was a corporate employee. For the self-employed, Club Quarters is a better option!

My first Club room was tiny but cozy. Unfortunately, it backed the elevator shaft, and I could hear the mechanism. I was upgraded without asking, to a larger room with a river view. Instead of asking me to come downstairs like in most hotels, one of the front desk staff came up to my room with a new key and helped me move into the new room. Excellent service.

The view from the 21st floor of the river, Marina City and the new Trump Building was outstanding. I actually missed the cocoon feeling of the bed in the smaller room, but the larger room as a plus.

My standard for hotels is air conditioner loudness and the Club Quarters exceeded my expectations. Pretty silent central AC (unlike the Philadelphia property, where I had to sleep with a pillow over my head to dampen the loud hum). I could hear nothing from the rooms around me, except the person in the room next to me slammed the door every time s/he entered, which seemed to happen a lot between 1 and 3 am. Luckily, that person was only there for 2 nights.

There is a large lounge with coffee maker and fruit/snacks for breakfast and snacks during the day, during the week. Good snacks like M&Ms, wasabi peas, banana chips, nuts and trail mix. The rooms also come with mini Keurig machines - and my favorite Keurig brand - Caribou Coffee.

The location is excellent. Walk to Michigan Avenue in a couple of minutes, many excellent restaurants - touristy and in local neighborhoods. The Loop el (L?) trains are all right there - and the Blue Line to OHare stop with an elevator is about 4 blocks away.

Room Tip: High floor, river view rooms
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank evening
Royal Oak, Michigan
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is a place for somebody who wants to drop their bags and get out of the hotel to sight-see, returning only at night for a place to lay their heads. Great location at the foot of the Magnificent Mile. While some rooms have iconic views of the river, they are all generally SMALL rooms that have seen better days: mine had torn carpeting and wallpaper, featured two sets of pictures (one set bolted on the wall and another laying on the floor) and mold starting to grow in the shower. "Business Center" is shared with another hotel and when I visited computers were missing or slow. Worth it for the money, but expect convenience not luxury.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the river and the iconic "Wilco" towers.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business