“Nice hotel in top location”

Club Quarters Hotel, Wacker at Michigan
Ranked #73 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I spent one night at this hotel one Sunday before starting a business trip in order to know this city. The location is unbeatable, in East Wacker Drive, next to Magnificient mile, the river, ... on walking distance to most highllights of the city.
The standard rooms are small, but comfortable, with a big bed, average bathroom and small office table. I got a room with views to the river, which is nice but can be a bit noisy sometimes.
Parking in this area is very difficult so you have to use a garage. They have one where they charge 24 dollars and next to their building there is an outdoor garage for 28 dollars/24 hours which I chose to avoid going with luggage.
I has breakfast in their café-bar, which has very nice views and good food, but the service is very slowly (over 20 minutes to get my food).
Overall, a good choice if wish to be in the city center at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank traveller_spain

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I was pleasantly suprised by this delightful hotel. It is a beautiful old heritage building right on the river in downtown Chicago. The rooms were small but as I was travelling alone, that suited me fine. It had a reasonable sized bed and bathroom and the view was unbelievable. Everything was clean and pleasant, and I was not in Chicago to hang out in my room.

There is a lovely italian restaurant with outdoor pavement seating for drinks, breakfast, lunch and dinner. I enquired about my group taking a river tour the next day and the concierge called and arranged the whole thing for us immediately.

The following day we walked down the river and all over town. The building is so recognisable you cannot get lost.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel for couples wanting a luxe getaway in a large room, but for my purposes and the price, it was outstanding value.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank overit_15
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I took my wife to Chicago to surprise her on her birthday and chose to stay in this hotel due to its proximity to many night clubs and restaurants. Except for the location, everything else was bad. The hotel switched off the air-conditioner in the middle of the night and I had to lose my sleep and sweat the whole night. I found out the next day the hotel does not have individual thermostat system for each room but a centralized one. Better to stay away..

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Traveloafer
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Reserved a room the day before our group trip started so we would start our trip relaxed. What a mistake! Room was not as pictured online for that price (no chair or couch, no refrigerator, facing a wall). Asked for a room change - room no bigger. In fact the person mistakenly gave us a card for the room that had a lower room price than quoted after telling us we would have to pay more ( the price we were charged) for a larger room. Asked for a room change the following morning. Gentleman at desk refused to check for availability of another room as we watched people from our group (who paid the same tour price we did) arrive and get the room we had asked for and later heard from people who arrived after our request receiving such room. At that point our tour wouldn't start until the evening and we had plenty of time to willingly repack and change rooms
We asked for a refrigerator again on another day and were told we would have to change rooms the next day. By this time our trip was about half over and the only way to change rooms was to repack luggage late at night or early in the morning so staff could move our things the next day while we were out on our tour. It was hard enough to get to scheduled place on time due to elevator situation (see below) without having to repack and unpack our things. Asked for a refrigerator to be moved into our room again the next day and was refused. Told we would get a discount for our room, but never did. In fact we were checked out for our first night without being given a bill showing an incorrect charge even though we remained in the room five more nights. Had we not asked for it upon leaving, we would not have known until our credit card bill arrived and we would have had no proof.

Elevators were often too full to get on and wait was ridiculous. Finally had to go up in order to get on elevator so we could go down and be on time for daily breakfasts and tour bus . Elevators broken the last day. Had to climb 10 flights from floor ten twice to get to and from my room and be on time for our tour. By the time we got to breakfast fruit was gone and eggs were cold and green.
It got to the point that we were not willing to overlook any inconvenience because of the attitude of the staff. Someone in our group received a free future night for elevator breaking. When we asked (especially after all the other inconveniences we had been through) we were told they did not give them out. We told them someone in our group had received one and they finally gave us one with the check out date as the expiration date (only after asking for return of breakfast money for green eggs that couldn't be eaten at included breakfast). When an error was pointed to the manager, she facetiously replied, "Oh, did I put down the wrong date?"
I am a seasoned traveler and this is the first review I have ever written about a hotel. Beware!

Room Tip: Ask whether room has refrigerator, front view and request a lower floor that is walkable in case the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank 2trvlwrld
Reviewed June 20, 2013

so glad we found this place for our long weekend! the location was unbeatable, just steps from the Chicago river and the Magnificant mile, and within walking distance of most of the city's main attractions (including the Loop). the hotel itself is in a beautiful landmarked building and the room we stayed in was clean and well appointed (yes, the basic room was small, but we didn't visit Chicago to hang out in the room all day). and the price was beyond reasonable, especially considering the prime location -- the other hotels in the same area were easily twice the price, if not more. can't really imagine why you'd want to stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The rooms are small but you're not in the room much because there's too much else to do. The location of this hotel makes it convenient to walk to Magnificent Mile, the Navy Pier and just about anything else you would want to do. The staff was very friendly, they even brought us a cork screw for our wine when we called the front desk! The Club Quarters At Wacker gets a thumbs up from us...great hotel and great price for Chicago!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The hotel was very nice and the room was spacous and comfortable. I received excellent support from the staff and housekeeping did a great job. Hillary at the front desk provided outstanding support. When I got to the hotel, was room was not ready, so she put me in another room that was better than the one that I had reserved. She also remembered me by my name and room number 4 days latter when I was checking out. I was very impressed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business