“Wonderful experience!”

Ranked #66 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Wonderful experience!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was my first experience at a Club Quarters Hotel. Great location. I loved it and will be back at this location and am eager to try the other locations. I bragged to several friends about this chain already. The staff was very accomodating, efficient and eager to please. The rooms are small but I quickly realized that everything I needed was in place. The room had a large shower and no tub. There was a phone at the desk with a message waiting and another phone at the bed. To my surprise, the message was a greeting from the hotel. That was a nice touch. The complimentary TAO teas, coffee and computer in the second floor lounge was very comfortable..like relaxing at home. That's where I met Roman. He is a staff member that was very helpful while I enjoyed the tea and looked for a place to have dinner and attend a comedy show. Roman gave great suggestions and made sure all was well. I decided on Catch 35 and Laugh Factory....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My experience at this hotel was excellent since I walk in my first time. The check was easy with a very good attention by Annie Lugar That help me to make my stay easy and comfortable suggesting and booking the best restaurants choices around the hotel. She was always ready to help concerning to the hotel needs. When Annie Lugar wasn't working, Hillary Brunner, help me with the same attention and suggestions. About the hotel rooms very spacious, clean service perfect, the water bottle in each floor, complementary, fantastic, as well the internet service wifi, very fast, club room and lobby waiting area very good. Overall all personnel in the hotel and the attached restaurant was very good quality. About location I could say its perfect for working stay or vacation. My next visit in Chicago will be in the Club Quarters at Michigan..again!!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 27, 2013

When you walk into this Club Quarters/River Hotel (it's the same owner but the two hotels are on different floors), the first thing that strikes you is that this is an old, historic building that has a very small footprint. Consider this your warning that the rooms upstairs range from shoebox-sized to the "Superior" slightly-smaller-than-a-regular-hotel-room size, unless you go for a suite (which I didn't see). Think Manhattan hotel rooms to get a good idea of the sizes, particularly the small bathroom. This hotel is clearly designed for business travelers who need a firm bed, a good-sized work desk and good wi-fi, and very little else.

My third-floor room had a "river view", which wasn't particularly compelling given that it was on ... the third floor. This was one of the rare hotels where my room was right next to the elevators, but there was no lobby noise to speak of. There was more street noise (read: sirens) than anything else, but hey, you're right on Wacker Drive and road noise is to be expected. A filtered water dispenser (complete with clean plastic bottles) is right by the elevator, and a welcome amenity. The mattress could have been better, but it was firm and I've certainly slept on worse.

The guest services manager who checked me in, Tim Meadors, went beyond the call of duty to take care of things. When I checked in, the room somehow had been made up with no bar soap; Tim sent up an entire bag of supplies. Also, I found that I needed a blank CD-ROM disk that I had not brought with me. Tim brought me both a CD and DVD to use (at NO CHARGE!) that solved my problem quite nicely.

Yeah, I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to at least a superior room for decent floor space
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel several times over the years. My experiences with the hotel are very similar and very positive.

The rooms are quite small but feel spacious. Wireless internet is free of charge and very fast. Water bottles (fill-it-yourself from the purifying machine) are available complimentary.

The service is good, staff is always very helpful with any request you might have.

Overall, if you want a room to sleep, you can't go wrong with this hotel. Location is great and the price often very good. Good value!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on higher floors to enjoy spectacular views.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Munich
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Central location (few minutes walk to Magnificent Mile / Michigan Avenue) - could not be better! Fast and easy check-in and -out by terminal in the lobby (but assistance available if necessary). I had a clean and quiet room with a well lit working desk (larger than in many 5* hotels!). WLAN was free and fast, without any problems which I frequently encountered in many other hotels. My room had a fantastic view of the city, the river and the Trump Tower. Coffee machine was in the room, but no safe. My room was clean, but my friend found many smarties unter her bed in her room, which the housekeeping obviously did not like to eat either... Breakfast in the restaurant next to the lobby had poor selection; I liked the breakfast nextdoors (leave the hotel, turn right - less than 1 min. walk). My best breakfast during my stay was in the Wildberry (130 E Randolph, 10 min walk) - be prepared to a long long wait, but it´s worth it!

It is not a 5* hotel, but nothing to complain at this price. Going back to Chicago, this hotel would be # 1 on my list.

Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 3 days and I was quite pleased with my stay! The room was excellent, and I enjoyed the restaurant as well as the cautious staff. I did however gave to wait on two separate occasions to have my bags delivered to my room, as well as some minor room maintence. Both times I talked to the same guy at the desk, so I think he was the loin o failure. I wouldn't let that deter me from staying at the hotel, as it was an overall excellent experience.

• Stayed March 2013
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We booked through Hotwire and after reading reviews, were pretty nervous about how things might turn out. We were visiting Chicago for a girls weekend getaway & there were 4 of us. Their standards rooms only have 2 twin beds in them, which was weird I've never heard of 2 twin beds in a hotel room before. Anyhow, we chose to upgrade to a suite for $25 per night. The suite had a queen sized regular bed + a pull out couch that they said was a queen but it wasn't, it was a full/double. My friends that slept on the pull out said it was comfortable and they slept great. The suite isn't huge and is probably a tad smaller than a regular hotel room but it was fine as we didnt spend too much time in the room anyhow.

We checked for bed bugs under mattress and there were none. Linens and matress was spotless. Everything was really clean, towels were nice, really quiet - we didn't hear anyone/anything. The front desk staff were pleasant and polite. The doormen were nice & helped us flag down cabs as needed. In the hallways by the elevator they had fill stations, where they supplied empty water bottles. I hadn't seen that anywhere before and thought it was a nice touch.

Our room on the 6th floor had a nice view of the city and river. The location is awesome and is within walking distance to anything you might need. It's close to Michigan Ave where we shopped for countless hours. Tons of places to eat. Short walk to Millenium Park if you're interested in seeing "The Bean". Parking is $24 a day on top of room rate with no in and out privledges OR you can pay $35 and use valet which does give in and out privledges. Valet is right at the hotel and the $24 lot is around the corner and down a block. If you go with the $24 option like we did don't be confused when you pull in the garage. Lot shows rates pricier than that, just take the ticket & have the hotel front desk validate it.

Room Tip: The higher you go, the better view you will have. Ask for top floor with view of city / river.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends