“Hip-Pocket Size”

Ranked #72 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Chicago, Illinois
“Hip-Pocket Size”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The rooms would fit in your hip pocket as would the "lobby" -- really just an anteroom off the street--but the location is perfect. Right on the river, halfway between Water Tower and the Art Institute. Great value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Accommodation was really expensive for the weekend I was staying in Chicago. Except for the Club Quarters. I was a tad unsure about booking here, particularly after reading the reviews (below) about the size of the rooms. However, a colleague recommended it so, what the heck... It was for only one weekend.

I am pleased to say that the room was perfect. Was it large and luxurious? No, but I wasn't expecting the Hyatt. In fact, the rooms at the Sydney Hilton were probably a little smaller. The room was comfortable, with an outstanding view across the river. It had all the bits you needed for a weekend away- nice toiletries, fluffy towels and a decent size TV. There was no bath in the room I stayed, however this gave the bathroom more space. The work station desk in the room swivelled to provide additional desk space. In the lift foyer on every floor, there is chilled water and refillable plastic bottles for you to fill up as often as you wish.

My email enquiries with the company were handled professionally and efficiently. The staff on site were pleasant and helpful. It doesn't have all the "bells and whistles" of a major hotel chain but it doesn't make it self out to be a major hotel chain. If you are looking for a nice, functional and comfortable room that doesn't cost a fortune, consider this well located hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Richmond, Texas
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I am a frequent business traveler and this is the first time I stay at this chain. I was in Chicago for a mixed business/leisure trip. The Hotel has an european feel, a classsic hotel with modern decoration. Our room had a great view of the Chicago River. and the room while small was efficient with all the modern amenities (wifi, flat screen, coffee maker, refrigirator, sink). The hotel has an outstanding business floor with incredible business amenities (free small conf rooms, cubicles, sofas with laptop rests, etc). As a business hotel I rate this a 10.

The location made this hotel super convenient to walk to any point of interest on Michigan Avenue or a couple of block to State street to visit the old Marshall Field's (now Macy's). My wife used the bus to go to Fioeld museum, th ebus stops AT THE HOTEL. The staff is the most polite and friendliest staff i have encountered (I travel weekly and stay at hotels about 10 nights per month) .. take it from this seasonedtrabel worrior ... this hotel is a 9 for leisure travel.
I only rate it a 9 because it does not offer free breakfast, HOWEVER, right next to the hotel is s really nice place to have breakfast indoor or on the sidewalk .. my wife ate ther one morning ... she rates the experience a 10.

Lasty .. the price .. about $169 per night .. DOWTOWN CHICAGO .. can't beat it!

I will definately return and will recommend it to anybody.

Room Tip: Choose hotel on high level to get better view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Brighton, Michigan
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I stayed here with my husband for our anniversary, and we were very pleased with our stay. We stayed in a "Club Size Room" on the 34th floor, and it was a good size for us: just a bed, desk and bathroom. We were in the tower part with a view of the Carbon & Carbide building and Millennium Park. I liked the wood tones and blue/green paint of the room, and I also liked that we could pick out our room from outside on the ground level.

When we checked in, the system had just gone down, and there was a huge line. I thought the staff handled it well, especially with so many guests checking in at the same time.

The fitness room was pretty nice with two treadmills, a ski machine, a bike, and various weights and medicine balls.

The "complimentary water bottles" were actually just empty bottles with water fill stations on some of the floors. It worked pretty well most of the time, although our floor wasn't one of the ones with a fill station.

Air conditioning was also not as absolutely frigid as most American hotels like to keep it (good for me, not as good for my husband).

The recommended entrance to the parking structure was closed and we couldn't figure out how to get in, so we had to pass on the parking discount.

The location was excellent. It was directly across from one of the trolley tour stops (Mag Mile) and the boarding area for several river tour boats.

I'd absolutely recommend this hotel to other young couples or singles.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Tullamore, Ireland
Reviewed August 12, 2012

great place to stay for location,Bit over priced but i guess your paying for your location.we booked the room for 3 adults 1 double bed and a single.the single was a pull out sofa bed which was awful,falling apart and their idea of blankets left a lot to be desired.would not go back.

Room Tip: be careful when you book a room.their idea of a bed might be differant than yours
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I loved this hotel. I was here for a week (on apartment hunting mission). I requested a river view and a fridge and microwave. On the phone they said they could not guarantee it but when I checked in everything was granted. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There is free internet, laundry, vending machines, and the hotel restaurant is great. It does feel like a different hotel, understated. Guests in general were kind. The elevators worked and I had no problem with my room key as others say they had. I am not associated in any way with this hotel, but my stay was so pleasant here that I wanted to share my experience. The rate was super competitive and made my long stay possible. Not a five star, modern hotel, but a simple, functional, comfortable hotel to come back to.

Room Tip: Request a room with a river view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mar093
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed here for a meeting in late July 2012. The place is well located in Chicago, near the train lines to both airports. The rooms are clean and comfortable, with the right amenities. The bed was comfortable. The gym could be better though. It is advertised as having aerobic and weight equipment. That's literally true, but the weights consistent entirely of a few barbells crammed into a small area; there's no weight machines of any kind.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business