A group of about 12 of us got together for an extended weekend in Chicago in July and stayed at this hotel.
- Great location
- Great views from from rooms (we overlooked the river)
- The 2nd floor lounge area was a great place for casual group gatherings
- Reasonably priced
- Free filtered bottled water
- Rooms are small (but adequate)
- Only two elevators serving many floors, so there elevator rides can take several minutes
- The card-key system wasn't always reliable; we occasionally had to get the front desk to "re-key" them
- One night at 3:30 AM the fire alarm's strobe light (but not the noise) went off on a few floors (including ours) and it took the staff a very long time to figure out how to disable it. The staff was very good about giving us a 2nd room to sleep in on another floor and waiving the cost of our room for that night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Quarters Hotel, Wacker at Michigan is a superbly located hotel, which resides in the legendary Mather Tower. Built in 1928, the hotel features state-of-the-art amenities and attentive, but never overbearing, service. Just one block from the world-famous Magnificent Mile and steps from the Chicago River, guests will delight in the fact that the hotel is characteristically Chicago yet uncharacteristically priced. We look forward to your visit! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Club Quarters Hotel, Wacker at Michigan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Quarters Chicago -- Wacker At Michigan Hotel Chicago