“best location , great price for the thick of thnings”

Club Quarters Hotel, Wacker at Michigan
Ranked #71 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Wheaton, Illinois
“best location , great price for the thick of thnings”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Club quarters is a great buy . Rooms are clean and very modern. more a business trade decor but the locations cannot be beat when considering price .Right on the river overlooking Michigan Ave. Bridge . Italian resturant in the lobby is fantsatic .
I have stayed in CQ in NYC and London cant pass them up

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Rochester, Michigan
Reviewed September 8, 2011

My buddy set up the trip so I did not choose the hotel. He didnt have any idea what we were in for. It was the smallest room I had ever stayed in period.
The lack of bathroom privacy was uncomfortable. For what we paid we could have stayed at a finer hotel and for a few dollars more a luxury hotel. Our view was of a tiny parking lot and building wall, our freinds looked out at an alley.
I guess if you plan to go out and just need a place to crash it would do but you could find much better accomadations for the price.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We booked this online several months before our trip and got a great rate. Catering to business you seem to get a better deal on the weekends at any Club Quarters. This one is the perfect location on Wacker and 1 block from Michigan Ave. The hotel is very nice. We had an easy checkin and were even offered an upgrade to a studio room with lake view for $20 more a night. We took it. They gave us a room on the 2nd floor, which was nice for the fact that it was the only floor you could walk to and not have to wait for the elevator.

The room was nice and roomy. It came with a queen bed, couch/bed desk, 19: Flat screen TV, mini refrigerator and microwave. The bathroom was a good size, especially the shower. Nicely done in tile with a removeable shower head. The view on the otherhand was not of the river. While we were facing the river, we were too low to actually see it since it dips down below street level. We decide to keep it the room as the view of the rest of the city was a good one.

On the 2nd floor they have free coffee and purified water all day. Couches and a tv to hang out by and 2 computers free of charge to surf the net and print out your airline tickets.

The first floor had an Italian restaurant attached to it with a very nice patio, but didnt partake. There are many other less expensive restaurants close by.

The only downside of our stay was the 2nd floor room had a huge flag outside of the window, This did not impede our view but whenever the wind blew it banged the metal clasps against the metal pole and kept us up all night! We complained but they said they couldnt do anything with the flag. They did give us a future free night at any Club Quarters though. So, in summary, great location and value, but stay on a high floor to see the river and avoid the flag banging.

Room Tip: Ask for high room with river view.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Brookline, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 27, 2011

I recently stayed at the Club Quarters Wacker at Michigan for three nights while I attended a conference a few blocks away. The location is good, right on the river, and across from the Trump Tower and Wrigley Building. It's within walking distance of public transport/el, and the price is extremely reasonable for the area. While the price was great, my room was pretty small--not really a problem since I was busy outside of the hotel during most of my visit. I was expecting the room to be small anyway since I've stayed at other Club Quarters hotels and have had similar sized rooms, but nothing this tiny. I couldn't have the bathroom door (which opened out) and the closet door open at the same time. That said, the view from my room (32nd floor) was great. The hotel/lobby area is kind of awkward since it shares space with the River Hotel. Make sure you get on the correct elevator since there are separate sets for each hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed August 27, 2011

You would be hard-pressed to find a cheaper, cleaner hotel in a better location.

Located right near the beginning of the Magnificent mile, and a short walk to the Navy Pier, the hotel's room are clean and if you're lucky, you could get one with a great view of the Chicago River.

Parking garage is located closeby, on the south side of Wacker avenue, just east of Michigan Ave.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Before I start my rant I would just like to say I have stayed in quite a few hotels, including 5 star and 1 star hotels. This hotel claims to be a 3 star. At check in we "upgraded" our room for $20 for a pathetic excuse of a hotel room. I cannot imagine how small the normal rooms are because our upgrade was tiny and on the third floor. For comparison, I have stayed at the Holiday Inn in the city and had a huge and much cleaner room for a cheaper price. Anyways, on our way to our room we noticed that we were now staying at the River Hotel, instead of the Club Quarters. For the record we had booked a room at the Club Quarters. I guess they put their guests wherever they want depending on room availability. While settling in I managed to find that our towels were shredded, there was mold coming out of our vent and we had blood on our sheets. We called concierge asking for new sheets. They apologized but the man that came to change them said it looks like oil but we will change your sheets anyway. Whatever the hotel decides to think the stain is there is no excuse for dirty sheets in a hotel. At check out we got our bill and immediately noticed that they had charged us for a late checkout. Checkout is at 12 and after waiting in line it was 11:55. The hotels time stamp was set about 40 minutes in advanced and was charging everyone that was checking out a late checkout fee of about $40. Save your money and do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: not worth the money whatsoever.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank j j
SteveDiDomenico, Manager at Club Quarters Hotel, Wacker at Michigan, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us at Club Quarters on Wacker and for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. I am disappointed to hear that your stay was not to your satisfaction; I can assure you that this is not the normal experience at Club Quarters. It is true, our rooms are modest in size however we feel our location makes up for this. As for the condition of the items in the room, this is not acceptable and should not have happened, we have addressed all concerns with our housekeeping staff. We take pride in ensuring each guests stay is enjoyable and apologize your stay was not and for the error with our computer system on the late checkout fee, I do see that the fee was reversed.

Your time and feedback if appreciated and valued, if you have a moment, I would like the opportunity to discuss your stay in further detail, please feel free to contact me directly at ------. I look forward to the opportunity to restore your faith in Club Quarters.

Respectfully,

Steve DiDomenico
Hotel Manager
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Good location for the money. It was easy to get to from the train but was uncomfortable with it's lack of AC in the hotel (we were there in middle of summer). Our room had a controlled unit but the halls and lobby did not. The room we had was very tiny which we expected..we didn't mind because we spent our time exploring the city. Don't book here if you expect luxury.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple