“Good jazz, nice small neighborhood atmosphere.”
Review of Andy's Jazz Club

Andy's Jazz Club
Ranked #9 of 571 Nightlife in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: One of Chicago's Best-Known and Most-Respected Jazz establishments, historic Andy's offers casually sophisticated dining with a musical menu of Chicago's top Jazz Artists. Local performers cover a range of styles from Traditional and Swing to Bop, Fusion, Latin and Afro-Pop. Our "Spotlight Performer Series" events showcase some of today's most "in demand" world touring musicians in an intimate setting.
Reviewed November 27, 2010

I really liked the atmosphere and the jazz. An oldish band played some really relaxing tunes. Very good for a bonding night with friends, or a date. The cheesecake I was served was not fresh though. Too bad.

Reviewed November 1, 2010

Visited Andy's on a Saturday night - Chicago bass guitarist Frank Russell was headlining and he was awesome! His fingers were a blur they moved so quickly! Really nice guy as well, as he walked around greeting people when he was taking a break.

Drinks were reasonably priced, service was great, and the doorman was friendly.

Reviewed September 5, 2010

I went here on Sunday night day before day Labour day fearing it might be closed I was pleasantly surprised as I arrived at this bustling, not overly crowded and somewhat understated venue. I planned to have dinner here and was pleasantly surprised when the waitress led me to a table at the front centre stage. I got to see the band up close and personal so much so I could see every twang of a string and feel every beat on the drum. The sets were amazing, I apologise in advance for not remembering names of some of the incredilbly talented players. The alternating saxophone, trumpet and clarinet players stood out and gave the jazz significant variety. The piano player was outstanding as were the drum players. The Oldest of the ‘cats’ was the base player John Bany, his coordination of the group and adhoc song choice kept all the players on their toes. Amazing talent, thoroughly enjoyable night, thank you for making my first Chicago Jazz experience highly entertaining and a memorable one - for Jazz lovers in the city this is a must!!!

Reviewed August 4, 2010

Excellent jazz. Great atmosphere. Friendly service. We had the baked brie appetizer and bbq ribs – both were really good. Andy's has the feel of a genuine neighbourhood jazz bar. It's a classic and well worth the modest cover charge.

Reviewed July 3, 2010

We heard the Chicago Jazz Orchestra on a Monday night in June, 2010. They are fabulous. There were 5 of us ranging from 29 to 72, and we all enjoyed it. The food was good, and the staff was very pleasant. Two of us went back a few days later and enjoyed another good show and good dinner. We went to the 5:00 shows, so maybe the staff is more laid back then, but no one was the least bit surly. If you like Big Bands, then the Chicago Jazz Orchestra is a must.