“Great jazz”
Review of Andy's Jazz Club

Andy's Jazz Club
Ranked #9 of 572 Nightlife in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: One of Chicago's Best-Known and Most-Respected Jazz establishments, historic Andy's offers casually sophisticated dining with a musical menu of Chicago's top Jazz Artists. Local performers cover a range of styles from Traditional and Swing to Bop, Fusion, Latin and Afro-Pop. Our "Spotlight Performer Series" events showcase some of today's most "in demand" world touring musicians in an intimate setting.
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We were looking for some early evening jazz and Andy's fit the bill. The first band was on from 5-9 which worked well for us. There was another band on for the later set. Cover was reasonable -$10.00. The place was busy. Good venue for music.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"audience"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed February 23, 2014

My wife and I celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary at Andy's yesterday; it was our first time going there. I love both good food and live music, so I did a google search to see if there were any restaurants that offered such a setting and Andy's popped up with overall good ratings. I made our reservation online (very simple/easy) and when we arrived, they had us seated right in front of (actually up against) the stage; not exactly the best seats (similar to sitting in the very first row at the movies - not good) so my wife asked if there were any other options and the hostess moved us to a high-top two-seater against the back wall. MUCH BETTER. The band was very good (I love Jazz) and not too loud; you could still carry on a conversation. Our waitress, Michelle, was very nice and the food was also very good; I had the grilled BBQ salmon and my wife had the Trio de Ravioli w/ marinara; for desert we ordered the Bananas Foster and Grandma Helen's Apple Crisps, both were very delicious. Overall, this was a great experience for us and I'm sure that we'll go back again. If you like live music (especially Jazz), good food and good service, Andy's is a great choice!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We always have fun when we go here. The place is very casual and located close to a lot of hotels off Michigan Avenue. The music is always great and you meet a lot of fun people there. They like good music too, so you definitely have something in common.
You can dine there as well, but we did not on this occasion.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We saw the Clif Wallace quintet here and they were really good. By the time we'd ordered our food the place was packed, seeing as this was just an October Monday I'd say that was a good sign. Food was decent, nothing special but remember the main attraction is the jazz! Good, quick service too!

See more reviews
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Nice show at Andy's, very comfortable atmosphere, less "serious" than Green Mill if you wish, meaning there were some tables chatting a bit loud, but enough loud to disturb the show.

Had a good time, shows are cheap, performers are pretty good and Andy's is located in downtown, so easy to reach with public transportation or like we did, on feet if you are visiting and staying in the Loop-River North-Streeterville area.

I wish we would have something like that down here in South Florida, where the concept of jazz is Kenny G....