Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
100% Recommended

I was in an hostel near Kingston Mines, and the staff recommended me this place. It was my first... read more

Reviewed August 28, 2021
Rafael I
via mobile
Excellent

Outstanding music/artists. Nice authentic blues vibe atmosphere. Great staff all the way around... read more

Reviewed July 4, 2021
678vikkic
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Chicago
from $38.15
from $40.00
from $27.00
from $18.00
More Info
All reviews blues club chicago blues cover charge joanna connor blues fan stages legend jazz
Selected filters
Reviewed May 5, 2017 via mobile

I went to Kingston mines last night and I had a blast! We got there at 7:30 when the doors opened and left at midnight to catch the train. I'm telling you it was a hella good time! The place is older and the tables are skinny, but it adds to the charm. There are 2 stages in 2 different rooms and the place was packed on a Thursday night. The food at Doc's was good....get the blackened catfish...it was fire! I love the blues and There was an 83 year old man up there singing, doing his thing and he melted my heart. I shook my tail feather, I laughed, I thoroughly enjoyed the fun vibe of this place. I will definitely return and get a hotel room so I can close this place down. It's a MUST if you like live entertainment and love the blues. I liked it so much, I bought a shirt. Military ids get in for free...how cool is that!

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed May 3, 2017 via mobile

Large place with spaces for two different bands to play simultaneously. Buy tickets in advance for the more popular artists because otherwise you will be standing in a long line for a long time.

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed May 2, 2017 via mobile

Stopped in after dinner to listen to some jazz bands, very cool place, good Sat night vibe.
Very good music, a must do when visiting Chicago.

Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

We had an interesting night here. The music was very solid and well presented. Food was above average. Maybe we just didn't order the best. Didn't really like the ribs. Stools uncomfortable. Great atmosphere. Everyone there for a good time and they were enjoying themselves.

Would go again and recommend as a good place to see live music.

Reviewed April 30, 2017

I wish my experience was great like everyone on here, it just wasn't. The food, was horrible. The wait for your food was just down right ridiculous. My nachos, yes nachos were cold, how is your nacho cheese cold? Paid an extra 4.00 for guacamole and didn't get it, I didn't even attempt to have them corrected as the person prior to my order ordered nachos and they had their guacamole left off, and then the cook comes out and reprimands people for not picking up their food, as they need to keep the line moving, well hell I was standing there for 30 minutes and picked my food up immediately and my nachos were cold. My husbands red beans and rice were disgusting and a burnt up chicken sandwich which all totaled 40.00 and we had to find somewhere else to eat when we left. The crowd, was so obnoxious that performer Eddie shaw had to tell some of them to go sit their a----down and get from in front of him being foolish. It was just bad bad bad all away around.

1  Thank DeNita W