The Polo Inn Bridgeport U.S.A.
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$317
$233
Sofitel
  • Restaurant
The James Chicago-Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$189
Hilton.com
$595
$447
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$233
$199
  • Breakfast included
$373
$315
Radisson Blu
  • Pool
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$159
$144
Hotels.com
Warwick Allerton-Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$194
$141
Travelocity
  • Room Service
All reviewsbridgeport bed and breakfastpolo cafeb ba great place to staytrain stationair conditionersuitectaroomy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 27, 2010

Dave and Kevin helped my business trip to Chicago go off without a hitch. I wasn't interested in the hotels lining Michigan Ave or their high prices; I've stayed there before and they don't have any character. Dave offered me a great deal on a room during the week as well as door-to-door delivery to the convention center.

Dave's guest suites are beautifully appointed and include a small kitchenette. The full service restaurant on the ground floor meant that I only used the kitchenette to store left-overs! The bridgeport neighborhood was fun for walking through and window shopping. Added to the fact that the Midway is closeby, this B+B can't be beat!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2010

I was in Chicago for two weeks in September and decided i'd try a few B&B's whilst i was there. Came across Bridgeport B&B on the net and contacted Dave the owner. The B&B turned out to be so great i scrapped my plans to move on and spent almost my whole vacation there.

Dave and Kevin are great- they will go out of their way to make sure you're looked after, shuttle you around the city and make sure that you start your day with an awesome breakfast. The suite i stayed in was big, comfortable and dead quiet at night (i'm a light sleeper, so that's top on my list). Transport into the city is really easy, and you have the bonus of staying in suburbia but still have the Chicago city skyline to stare at which was great.

Dave, you've made me a convert- i know where i'm coming back to if i return to Chicago. oh, and make sure you try the Eggs Benedict...

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 26, 2010

The Bridgeport Bed & Breakfast was a GREAT place to stay in Chicago. You are close to downtown Chicago, but it is much less congested and certainly feels more personable. The park 'n ride is about 1 mile away, and downtown is only a 10-15 minute ride away via the El train! Don't let "bed and breakfast" scare you away if you are traveling alone, or with family. I was in Chicago for business, by myself, and am so glad I stayed here! And as an added bonus, the included breakfast is not a regular breakfast--it is a super gourmet breakfast made in house by the owner/chef Dave! Absolutely tantalizing!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2009

Visiting a daughter who lives in Chicago's Pilsen neighborhood led me to look for accommodations nearby. I found the listing for the Bridgeport B and B and sent an email with some questions. The next day, Dave Samber, the owner called me with the answers. Since we would not have a car at first, he arranged to pick us up from the airport train, and he reassured me that the beds would be firm enough for my picky spouse. When we stepped off the train, he was waiting with a van, and on the way to the inn, he gave us a great tour of the area, telling us some of the history. The building is on a quiet street, and Dave's restaurant is on the first floor. I had chosen a suite on the third floor and Dave helped us up with our bags. There is no elevator but the stairs are easy. Our suite had two bedrooms, one queen, the other with two twin beds. All of them were incredibly comfortable and the queen bed was (amazingly) firm enough for the spouse and still completely comfortable for me. The sheets were luxurious silky cotton, we had a light down comforter in a spotless duvet cover, and there was an assortment of pillows, from mushy to firm. Our room had a high-definition flat-screen TV with seemingly millions of satellite channels, plus a DVD player and assortment of family-friendly films. There was good wireless internet and a good air conditioner. From the window we could see the dome of the nearby cathedral, a beautiful sight. The blinds did a good job of darkening the room. The bathroom was fine, with a big clawfoot tub and the thickest, softest towels I've ever used. Soap was provided, and we had brought our own shampoo and conditioner. There is a little kitchen. We used the fridge, which was thoughtfully stocked with soda (pop) and water, but we didn't cook. There was also a coffee maker and supplies. We didn't need to use it because the breakfasts are spectacular. Dave is a chef, an awesome chef, and the restaurant where he serves breakfast also turns out gourmet dinners as well as perfect BBQ. The breakfasts are hard to describe without sounding gluttonous. Fresh fruit, bacon, locally made sausage, really delicious home fries, fresh eggs any style including his wonderfully theatrical version of eggs Benedict. (Seriously, order this. It's brilliant, funny, and delicious.) sweet and surprising Creme Brulee French toast, which was made with kind of a brioche and served with (I think) vodka fig syrup. Oh and when my son, who doesn't care for breakfast food, asked for a BLT, no problem. Great coffee, friendly service, advice about what to see, how to get there, tales of the city, all included at no extra charge. We rented a car after a couple of days and were happy to find out that the B and B has a gated parking lot for free. I really enjoyed this place and I'd stay there again even if I wasn't visiting someone nearby. It's easy to leave the car there and get to public transportation, which turned out to be a good thing since so many drivers seemed to be getting tickets for something. The area around the B and B is filled with art galleries and fun shops selling artistic handmade things. There are a lot of great Mexican restaurants and a Museum of Mexican Art. There are also plenty of little coffee shops as well as the usual chain stores like CVS. It's a very cool part of the city and I was glad to go back to that quiet neighborhood after spending a day in the busy part of Chicago. Overall this B and B is comfortable and pleasant, and the personal touch really puts it over the top.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2009

There are few South Side bed and breakfasts in Chicago so when my wife and I decided to visit the city for four days I was delighted to find a South Side b and b, particularly one with a recliner (my wife needs one to sleep in), and at a reasonable price. We rented a second floor suite (a double bed), the recliner, a small bedroom with two singles and a small kitchenette and received a ten percent discount for staying more than two days and another ten percent discount for reserving over the Internet. The owner of the b an b is a chef who makes superb breakfasts (free) and there is a parking lot 100 feet from the b and b (free). The latter two save you an additional $60/person/night over normal hotel rates. The b and b is located less than a mile west of White Sox Park and within easy driving time of downtown, Greektown, and the Near North Side. The owner/chef is knowledgeable about restaurants and will to provide critiques of where you should eat in the city. Highest recommendations.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple