“ecellant”

Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Zella
“ecellant”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Very good food, high quality, fried items a little off ( ? low temp oil). We will be back.

• Visited April 2012

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Lame.”
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Ugh. During four great nights in Chicago, this place was probably the least impressive place we ate at the entire time. Our guests picked the spot - maybe because they are from the North Chicago suburbs? ;)

I can't remember what I ate. The waiter wants you to order three courses, so we did. Wait, my husband can remember what he ate. He says it was a 'massive pork chop'. And that was it. Just a massive pork chop.

I did drink Manhattans and they were unmemorable as well, but I can at least remember what they were. The food wasn't memorable at all. The restaurant never filled up, and it was a Saturday night. I do remember street lights shining on the other couples' face during the entire dinner. It was not becoming.

Even the waiter wasn't memorable. And not a single person we told that we were eating there, including other restaurateurs in town, had ever heard of it. Don't waste your time.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank SeenAlot
Macon, Georgia
“Wow! What a surprise”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Modern look meets terrific italian cuisine. I usually order something unique, but after getting a look at the spaghetti and meatballs that was served to a couple of children several tables over, I had to get it. Fantastic. We went here pre-theatre and they had no trouble serving our 3 courses and getting us out in about an hour. This was a Wednesday evening, so weekends may be different. One word to note: tables are in two long rows with artsy things dividing you. It wasn't an issue for us, but just helpful for you to be aware of this.

• Visited July 2011
Plano, Texas
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed July 7, 2011

My husband and I recently celebrated our anniversary, while on vacation in Chicago. I made reservations for 5:30 on a Tuesday, because we were attending a concert that night. From the moment we were seated, the staff could not have been more helpful. The were interested in making sure we had a great dining experience, but also adhering to our timeline.

Amy, our attentive server, started us out with complimentary glasses of prosecco, as we were celebrating an anniversary. The food was delicious, and our server was not only knowledgeable about the menu and ingredients, but very personable. It was not only a lovely dinner, but a great dining experience.

• Visited July 2011
New Hampshire
“Overpriced and poor service”
Reviewed October 23, 2010

This restaurant is quite expensive with miniscule portions. Service was poor. If you don't look trendy they seat you hidden away in the back and forget about you. When one appetizer arrived long before the other the waiter presumed to tell us that we should just share them, even though that wasn't our intention. Also, check your bill carefully. We were initially overcharged, although after this was brought to their attention they did remove the charge for the item, so that the item was "free". The decor is lovely and the food is tasty, but overall I would not recommend this place. The restaurant on the first floor, StateLake, is much better.